[REPORT] Programa de Bolsas Artísticas - saramosli.near

First of all, I’d like to express my deepest gratefulness for having been selected to this first edition! This last two months were the two most relevant of my year, for sure. I’ve been living and working from Tiradentes, a historical city localized in the state of Minas Gerais, here in Brazil. There is no great news that in this country we’ve been through a gigantic political and economic crisis that has affected significantly most of the artists and culture related workers, and the consequences of that will be seen throughout the years and generations to come. This stipend represented an precious opportunity to invest in my work during this truly war scene we’re living here.

So, this was very busy months. In September, I’ve been selected to a doctorate degree program in Contemporary Study of the Arts (in the UFF - Universidade Federal Fluminense), and the classes started remotely in October. In this first month, I could invest the funds provided by the stipend program in structuring my studio. This was an old project that I had not been able to accomplish yet. I could invest in furniture (work table, shelfs, easel) and basic painting materials (canvases, pencils, paints, etc). It was the first time since my graduation (7 years ago) that I had the funds to do such amazing investment! To claim and receive this funds was very easy and fast, and I’m already familiar with the process of coverting and withdrawing cripto, specially NEARs.

In the second month, I focused in painting and embroydering the pieces I wanted to create, the intention was to use mixed tecniques on canvas. This was the first time ever that I painted and embroidered in large scales (80 x 100 cm), and this felt just amazing. It was a little bit scaring in the first moment, but soon I felt like “from now on, I want to paint and create just this side minimum” rs.

I’d like to thank all the Incubadora DAO members specially @JulianaM, @Samiasns and @frnvpr, also the dear friends of the Cudo DAO @hevertonharieno and @lucterra, whom made this connection possible. Hope this amazing work continues to provide opportunities to other artists to grow!

6 Likes

you are amazing @SaraMosli. As an artist! As a woman! As a friend!

I am so proud of you!

Voa mulé!

4 Likes

oh! this is so wonderful to read, you have no idea how this made my day! :slight_smile:
Incubadora is made for this, everything goes around this simple goal: supporting artists. And I feel very happy to see that we are accomplishing it! I imagine how hard it is to be an artist in this political mess Brazil is living in, with absolutely no support, no money, no nothing. So as @hevertonharieno said: voa mulé! I hope you will be able to keep doing what you do and I’m sure you will accomplish more and more.

tagging some people who might be interested in reading your report :smiley:
@mecsbecs @nico @tabear @herikalcn

4 Likes

Wow Sara!

Thank you for your feedback! Just like Ju said, It totally made my day too!
The truth is, even in the worst scenarios, there are always those who find alternative ways to stand and resist, and that’s what we did together!
You’re a great artist and I’m sure you’re gonna achieve much more in your career!

Voa de tudão garotcha!! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Ó :heart: procês tudo
Thank you so much for the words! As a great wise ancient used to say: tamo junto!

5 Likes

Loved reading this report. It feels like the stipend had exactly the impact that it should have had! <3

5 Likes