ReFi on NEAR

This is the formal proposal to open a new Category: Regenerative Finance !

ReFi is a very important topic, I have been pushing and emphasizing the importance of Blockchain for Good for new years now. Today ReFi and Web3 for Good, Blockchain for Impact, Circular Economy, Environmental Business Models. I believe they are going to be the new real utility.

Matching initiative that take care of the Planet :earth_americas: with Web3, as crypto is programmable money. We want to formally initiate a Category for this space “ReFi”

We build a Eco-Swap, and preparing the ReFiCon, ReFi Meetups, ReFi Community, ReFi Launchpad.

At the moment we are connected to 200+ ReFi projects, big ReFi Community around the World, Speakers and non-crypto people but always looking on how to make a change, all of them can join NEAR Protocol, instead of other chains.

We would like support of the NEAR Community to formally set up the ReFi on NEAR. refinear_org (soon info on website)

We have enough people passionate wanting to dedicate their time, with a totally aligned lifestyle willing to help the Planet with Web3. So we have a great Team to do it.

We all may know here, Carbon Credits, Climate Change, Sustainability is a very popular topic not only by the the Environmentalist and small groups of “ReGens” but by World Economic Forum and United Nations - which for years has been having 17 Environmental Sustainability Governance (ESG) and not actually showing much results.

With Crypto and Specific with NEAR we can grow this sector and make the predilect chain for ReFi projects. That is my proposal! :white_check_mark:

We are frens and connected with Open Forest Protocol, we organized a presentation for Rim at Tulum Crypto Club, and recently connected with Emiliano from RAIZ the Vertical Farms in Lisbon Portugal.

We have access to a global community of 45 cities doing monthly meetups, other community with many entrepreneurs doing workshops about Web3 - and a global ReFi Community that all of these 3 Communities can help to scale this “division” of Web3.

I’m Oscar
Founder of Bancambios (DeReFi)
Co-Founder of Tulum Crypto Club.
Organizer of ReFiCon_org in Lisbon (if I find support it will be on Nov. 7-9)
Advisor at ReFiStarter_dao (project looking for ReGens)

I would like to present my Team, roadmap, Plans, Go to market Strategy. And Formalize this initiative and grow it fast and professionally. Delivering real top projects.

Let me know any thoughts and comments.

16 Likes

Hey gm, I know @rimberjack is flying the flag for ReFi on NEAR 24/7

If you think this is something that could be supported by a grant, check out the grants page here

6 Likes

yes yes! actually, we organized a talk and @rimberjack gave an enlighten talk at Tulum Crypto Club back in Feb 2022. @jeffbarbato was there to talking about Tamago and NEAR Hub.

The intention is having ReFi meetups, we have a community organizing meetups in 45 cities and we are partnering with them. We have an amazing team to grow the ReFi, make NEAR the predilect chain for ReFi projects.

8 Likes

thanks @David_NEAR, and congrats on crushing it at NEARCON, not even the rain stopped us. I contacted Rim before and recently, but I don’t think 1 person can handle the entire ReFi Ecosystem on 1 chain, and she is with Proximity and I am with Bancambios.

That is why I have gathered 300 ReFi projects/people on the way to build projects on ReFi, and I want to invite them to build on NEAR.

Yes, I’m submitting my proposal for ReFi on NEAR on the link you provided.

Let’s do it!

:seedling:

6 Likes

Hello :wave: there @osc.near nice to meet you.
Going through your post, I’ve learnt a lot and also would like to support and be part of this great accomplishment of REFI and I saw a call for “refidegen” I’m as am a degen for OFP and would like to participate on this big dream of yours of making refi stand out like other categories like DeFI, NFT and GAMEFI.
Studied alot about forest, carbon footprint, carbon credits, greenhouse gases and alot about data records and MRV(measuring, report and verification)

5 Likes

thanks @Psalmy indeed ReFi is a whole new spectrum of specialization (plastic credits, ESG certificates, validation and counterfeits, tokenization of emissions, you name it. And I care and worry other chains are gaining terrain on this topic faster. Thanks for your message I will create a group on “ReGens” on NEAR and add you.

5 Likes

@Psalmy and not only Carbon Credits or Carbon-oriented products that’s one branch of the GreenFi space. But applying tools and systems into positive Environmental Impact through Web3. That’s something we have been stressing for the last 4 years and before than for 12 years outside the Web3 space.

Also the tokenization of “green” business models, as the Carbon Credit sector is a “patch” only, but not truly tackling the main problem.

4 Likes

Thanks for this information, we learn everyday
Hope to join the regen soon.
Thanks for your reply mate

5 Likes

Please Like Support this initiative : )

:seedling: ReFi, DeSci & ReSci on NEAR - NEAR Forum

@David_NEAR @shiftshapr @Psalmy @emiliano.raiz @openforestph

5 Likes

Did you apply for a grant?

5 Likes

hi, yes.

we are submitting this proposal right now ser, and we had a chat with Laurence about it : )

5 Likes

Hi @David_NEAR we just submitted ReFi on NEAR, including a presentation and call to action.

Thank you very much.

5 Likes

Hello @osc.near , happy to see this initiative, I’m working on a ReFi project in Mexico (Perennis Network) and will be great if we can made some collaboration; I’ll send you a PM to talk about it! :smiley:

5 Likes

hi @Do0k13

Thanks very cool, absolutely let’s do a call. That’s the idea to start onboarding new ReFi projects into NEAR Protocol.

I’m sending you an DM with the calendly link to hop on a call

:earth_americas: :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

@David_NEAR yes we did we submitted, as I am part of ReFiDAO for Mexico and Portugal, and helping growing the ReFi Community globally. Actually we got accepted on the ReFiDAO Founders Circle Cohort 2, on the GT16, we submitted the Bancambios Carbon & Plastic Credit Marketplace and we got accepted. It is the only project building on NEAR Protocol from the 80 Founders/Projects. However we still have not found any support to make our MVP and delivery during this Cohort 2.

We are documenting the process here:

Let us know your thoughts : ) thanks.

We will keep trying to build and grow not only ReFi projects on NEAR but also a ReFi on NEAR Ecosystem.

4 Likes

Don’t really know if @David_NEAR is on duty.
Wish I could help, but the CEO of NF marieke is hosting an AMA and this might be a good means to introduce your project to the NF.
Since there’s no funding nodes for REFI project, hoping to see the new funding nodes for #Refi
You can join the meeting here, hope to see you there AMA with NF

4 Likes

hey! @Psalmy, thanks for the comment.

Indeed DAOvid may not be on duty.

Yes, I set reminder on the AMA with NF, and will mention ReFi initiative.

Thank you.

2 Likes

What was the result of the grant application?

4 Likes

Yes they replied, and we are on talks… It seems they are doing they own ReFi agenda as well.

A dedicated ReFi Team is needed my proposal is soilid and I’m connected to 400 ReFi people, teams and projects. And every time more active in that space.

Thanks/

3 Likes

quick update @David_NEAR

So NF came back to reject our proposal of building and growing #ReFi on NEAR. With the reply that the grant was > the amount asked is too high for the expected benefit + it was just an idea and not a formulation of a product & they critize us that we want to do too many projects on NEAR (DeFi, ReFi (credits) and now this). So we will keep working on our own project and we will not do this proposal > :seedling: ReFi, DeSci & ReSci on NEAR - NEAR Forum

Which it is okay, as we are going to build our own #ReFi Ecosystem. We spoke with David G from NF, and it seems NF is having a #ReFi project on their own, they asked lots of question and request to send us this send us that, but they don’t shared or gave us details of their plans of ReFi on NEAR. Which we spent time doing this proposal and we are part of the Ecosystem, we feel excluded. Specially we felt more like a source of research than teamwork collaborative way. Of course they can tell we have lots of information they don’t have and they are researching. But instead of working together and aggregate and the info to one cause (#ReFi on NEAR) they try to ask and get all the info we have, without including us on their plans. Again this is just the perception we got.

As well we did a call with Balkans and same story, they asked LOTS or questions regarding our proposal, more in an investigative way than a let’s-work-together way. Asking to give them all info we have to build ReFi on NEAR. But without including us on the agenda or plans. Which it is okay. We will focus on our project and we do not need to be the ones in charge of #ReFi for NEAR, we were pointing a new division we have been working for long time and NEAR is lacking traction on it, we will grow #ReFi for our own project.

So much time and effort invested on this. Now we turn the page and focus on our projects only.

Thanks for the interest and support.

4 Likes