[PROPOSAL] Using Mintbase Split Percentage For Community Collaborative Project between Songwriter and Vocalist

Hello

I am Soseyev, A copywriter for a tech firm in South Africa. I am Romanian by birth and studied at the London School of Arts, I am also an illustrative artist through photographs and dynamically commissioned paintings. I have always been a hobby music producer and sometimes a professional songwriter. The current wave of NFTs has granted me the vision to take my art more seriously. I heard about NEAR and an NFT Marketplace called mintbase that has a programmable smart contract to split revenue between multiple contributors, I was really so wowed by this feature and finally glad that it could solve the repugnant problem of plagiarism and authenticity of ownership in the art world.
So i have proposed this project, to work with a number of artists i have been communicating with in NxM. I have reached out to vocalists gabriel @AugustKinge and @TheTune100 to be vocalists on the project while we are still in discussion about a producer that can deliver the afrobeat theme for one-half of it or both, so far @Mubzy has shown interest and readiness to participate.

Objective:
The objective of this project is to write two songs of two different genres and have producers from the NxM community make the beats involved and the vocalists deliver the music.

This would be achieved by sending key notations and lyrics to the artists and communicating the essential flow of the song and also having the producers make the beat according to the song descriptions afterward the vocalists go-ahead to record the composed songs on the beats in a musical studio. After which the stems are being retrieved and then sent to a studio for mixing and mastering

Methodology:
This project, i believe, utilizes the split percentage function of the NFT marketplace on NEAR and also encourages a transparent sharing of revenue between creatives that collaborate on an audio project. It is a good way to sensitize content creators like songwriters of the assurance of their creative rights by the technology of the blockchain. I would personally spread the project through my channels and have hobbyist songwriters like me collaborate with more artists on NEAR.

Budget
I have requested a budget from @TheTune100 and Gabriel @AugustKinge for recording after they have sent beats and the sum of $120 looks good for the recording of each track ( participation and studio session)

Songwriting for two tracks each: $50 x2 = $100USD

@Mubzy has agreed to produce the two tracks and also mix and master both after he receives the recorded stems from the vocalists Gabriel and The Tune

Music Production for two beats and mastering of both tracks: $160

Vocalists @TheTune100 and Gabriel ( for participation and studio recording session time ): $120 x 2 = $240

Total: $500

Outcome
This two songs would be minted as NFTs with split percentages in the following order

Music Producer: 20%

Vocalists: 40%

Songwriter: 40%

I look forward to the community’s benevolent acceptance of this proposal and it being a means for songwriters to use this amazing automatic split revenue feature in NFT Marketplace Mintbase. The Future is NEAR

@Monish016 @Paul @vandal

4 Likes

This would be amazing BRO, I’m energized about this project brother :fist:t4::black_heart:!

1 Like

Well written proposal @sync

Thanks for the collaboration, it’s going to be groundbreaking.

I’m grateful to NEAR and NxM for providing the ground for international, intercultural artistic collaboration.

Let’s go @TheTune100 and @Mubzy :boom::boom:

:clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Dear @sync,

Please be informed that your proposal has been approved!

Feel free to request 50% of the requested funds to NxM.

Once your project will be ready please share your artworks and details with NxM Social Media Team in order to promote it on Twitter and Instagram - Telegram: Contact @nxmsocialmedia

We are implementing a new process of NxM membership via NEAR Guilds App, please join there, as stated wallets there will have privilege to request funding from NxM.

In order to join, please do the following steps:

• Open NEAR Guilds App https://app.nearguilds.com
  • Find NxM Guild​
  • Log to the app using your NEAR wallet​
  • Join the community using your NEAR wallet!

Also, feel free to leave your feedback here, when you will be doing the report, after the delivered show.

2 Likes

Wow… This is really amazing. My first project on the space. I and my web3 colleagues @augustkinge and @TheTune100 would try our best to do a good job in delivering this project. A way of reassuring creators of the legitimacy and truth of smart contracts into flawless revenue sharing.

Thank you so much NxM
I will be doing the report two weeks from now (18th of May 2022) after successful file and creative exchange with my colleagues on this project.

3 Likes

Progress of project, Mastering and Artwork needed

@Monish016 @Paul @rhymetaylor

3 Likes

This is so awesome! Cheers :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Hi Soseyev, we need to know that you are still on the project as my piece with mubzy (Girl from the East) is ready, @AugustKinge promises next week for his piece.
You are deleting our conversation history @ telegram and mentioning working with who in community? what reason exactly?

1 Like