[PROPOSAL] Introduction & Creating Near Students DAO / Student Warriors

Hello Friends,

I am happy to be on this platform and to present my work and see how we could grow as a community.

INTRO:

I am Meena Mishra, an educator, and an award-winning author. I teach at school and also conduct workshops for students on Literature, Language, and Technology. Since 2021, we have introduced blockchain, web3, metaverse, and cryptos. I have been watching how Near Ecosystem works and would like to propose to onboard my community to get better reach, learn, and contribute to the system.

PROPOSAL:

Starting NEAR Students Community DAO / EDU Warriors

(EDU Warriors are a humble initiative of bringing experienced and selfless educators ready to give back to their profession. We are all set to send the first set of teaching aids to the schools to learn about coding, blockchain technology and boot camps)

1)These are ex-students (alumni) of various schools. We have a group of students who join in for various social causes and creative workshops. We had recently organized a technical workshop for these students at an Institute in Mumbai, wherein we had 250 students who took part and received certificates and goodies.

1. Since 2021, we have started EDU Warriors - boot camps and workshops on web3, blockchain, and the metaverse. Last month, we conducted a workshop on Blockchain and we had over 400 students in total.

Team of Edu Warriors (photo)

1. We have over 30,000 registered students in the community and would like to organize more of these events, workshops, and boot camps.

Students Workshop on Coding and Creativity

ROAD MAP:

October 2022 - December 2022

• We have lined up 4 boot camps and 3 workshops on Blockchain, Cryptos, and Metaverse.
  • We have 600 students already registered in total for these workshops.

What’s for Near?

• We want to onboard all these students to NEAR ECOSYSTEM and teach them how L1 chain works and also help them mint NFT’s
  • We have also referred to the Near University Videos and Materials, which we will incorporate during the workshop.
  • We plan to onboard a batch of 1000 students, create an engagement and provide them with materials and teach them how to use the platform, NFT’s, and how to generate value for the ecosystem.

Jan 2023 - March 2023

• We will organize an event for these students to have a LIVE experience of the Near Ecosystem.
  • We will focus on getting these students to create NFT’s, and DApps in future.

TARGET:

• We plan to onboard 3000 students to NearEcosystem

• 3000 Students to the NEAR Ecosystem with their wallets, custom wallet names.

• We plan to have bounties and contests to engage our community members.

• We will have free NFTs for new people

• Guild name: NEAR Students Community DAO / EDU Warriors

• Funding scheme: Monthly / Quarterly

• Initiative summary, be sure to include:

• Expected impact and value you foresee for the NEAR ecosystem/community - Onboarding of new members and new nfts etc
    • Metrics for measuring success: We have plans of having over 3000+ students joining the ecosystem by March 2023
    • Estimated timeline and achievement milestones March 2023
  • Links to similar, previously funded forum proposals (if applicable) NIL

• Funding Details

• Total requested amount in USD and NEAR (price based at the time of posting) $2000
    • NEAR Wallet ID / DAO impishlass.near
    • Wallet owner’s name Meena M

FUNDING:

• Venue Cost: $300 (3 different venues)
  • Materials Printing Cost: $300 (printing of materials, notepads, pens, whiteboard, markers etc)
  • Snacks: $100 (tea/coffee snacks at the venue, during the workshops)
  • Banners, and posters $300 (posters to be put up across the Venue, colleges, and schools inviting to attend)
  • Social Media Setup: $300 (banners & posters for facebook, instagram,twitter)
  • Near Goodies: $300 (Near Swags like a sticker, badges, notebooks, tshits, for best performer, etc)
  • WEB#3 Space: $400 (creating near wallets, mint base/paras accounts, and onboarding students).

I am very happy to bring my dreams and my students here and look forwards for extended support.

3 Likes

Very nice initiative. I’ll advise you to research the Near Education Grant once it launches in 2023. Best of luck.

3 Likes

I had a chance to conduct ERP workshop with Meena’s ex-students when I was in Mumbai. @ImpishLass Meena has been a role model and a pioneer in her field.

This is a great project and yes eventually it can be moved to Near Education (thanks @Bakaka)

Requesting the @marketingdao-council mods to have a look and give it a head start. Such projects are usually game changers. Thanks

3 Likes