[PROPOSAL] Cross Stitching as NFT Series Project

Hi!

Here I am again, this time proposing to do something a bit more crafty.
For the past six months I’ve been doing some experimentations with cross stitch. Which, besides being a great way of relaxing, is also something that catches your eye and is able to pass messages or feelings! (You know, some cute “I love you”, alongside “fudge the patriarchy”)

What?
An experimentation of physical creations as NFTs

How?
Using the methods of Cross Stitching, I’ll create 4 garden themed pieces that will then be photographed/scanned to create the NFTs. Those NFTs can either be sold as individual NFTs or redeemable NFTs for the physical pieces.

Time estimation:
Total 6 weeks; 4 for creation, 1 for ideation & mapping and 1 at the end to finalise and photograph professionally for digitization.

The estimated value in materials would be:
(based on the shop I use to buy all my materials)

Materials : 80$ (+/- conversion from euro pricing)

• Embroidery Hoop - 6.90€ per hoop - approx. 27.60€
  • Thread - 1.40€ per colour aiming to a minimum of 6 colours - approx. 8.40€
  • Needle pack - 2.40€
  • Fabric - 12€ per metre aiming to a minimum of 2m (50cm per work) - approx. 24€

Work : 270$

• Sourcing materials
  • Mapping of the pattern (1 hour)
  • Creation of the cross-stitch piece (approx 4 hours per piece = 16 hours)
  • Washing and ironing of the fabrics for blocking
  • Photography/scanning of the finished pieces (2 hours)
  • Minting of NFTs

Total requested: $350

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi hi,
So here is a bit of an update on the cross stitch situation!
I have started with all of them with a garden logo-ish (a flower) and I am looking at making them all different. The one that is finished it will be the only one with “Garden Collective” spelled and the rest of them will be patterns of different leaves (just keeping the logo all the same).
I’ll leave a coupe of pictures just to see where I am at :slight_smile:
Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

Hope all is well with you :slight_smile:

I just want to give a quick update on the cross stitch. Unfortunately I didn’t advance as quickly as I hoped (delay of funding in August, holidays, family visits and life itself) so I might take on two other weeks, although I hope to finish before! At the moment I have two of them done and the other two started. Either way I’ll keep ya updated!

Thank you!

Hi everyone!

Here are the pieces I’ve ben working for the past couple of weeks.
They are all finished I just need to mind the NFTS :slight_smile:

Thank you for the oportunity!

2 Likes