Now that I understand the goals of the NEAR Community, made my own contributions and participate, I can propose the creation of the End-user Guild / NEARer Wallet Project / Mineria Virtual Guild with the support and help of my team @Jloc @Mineriavirtual @Luismayar @Nicolasp2 and others.
Drive the existing community we manage (Mineria.Virtual) into NEAR with the aim of receiving new collaborators, developers, ideas and constructive criticisms with which the financial product of the NEAR Wallet will be shaped and marketed.
Therefore, we will provide the financial tools people need on developing countries as the first step in the way for financial freedom, by developing the features that allows people to exchange local currency to NEAR/nUSDT/BEER/others, Swap, Lending, Loans, and more…
In our team, we all have expertise in the cryptocurrencies arena, we have ideas, we have the tools and the followers, in words of @mecsbecs:
it’s great to see how you and your teammates are leveraging your expertise with this project, and I think your motivation will inspire so many others. Thank you for being open to suggestions and ideas, and good luck with the project!
It was great to hear how you’re focusing on crypto end-users in Venezuela and wanting to empower individuals in their every day lives through NEAR
Thank you ! That is right !
Also, here in Venezuela (Argentina is a similar case) we have a special need for financial tools, so people is open mind to new products and the first case of use for blockchain is on finances.
And, now is the time because NEAR protocol allows small transactions, it is green, it is community foucesed and it has low fee transactions.
Here in Venezuela people don’t have access to financial tools, it is difficult to open a bank account in “strong currency” as they call the USD and EUR. Economy is working now with paper money (USD) but it is still a problem because the commerce lack on change, so people can’t pay a $20 dollar invoice/bill with a $100 paper/bill.
- Hyperinflation on developing countries, having to hedge financial losses in highly volatile markets and currencies.
- Financing Costs are very high if using the traditional banking systems, like TRF, LOC, CC, etc. And even with cryptocurrencies there is high fee using Ethereum for example or buying crypto from retailers with 5% aprox fee.
- Unbanked People, low-resources people and small businesses have been systematically ignored or given a hard time by the traditional financial services industry.
Also, there is a lack of cryptocurrencies adoption:
- It is difficult to exchange FIAT vs CRYPTO beacuse people don’t know how to
- It is difficult to trust exchanges (they get hacked & they can freeze accounts)
- There is no real need for crypto in developed countries
- Near Protocol/Near Wallet, that is trusted and address the issues unbanked people is facing, allowing low fee transactions with facilities to build on it.
- A P2P Feature/dApp to ease adoption, allowing the exchange of FIAT with Crypto.
- Active Marketing using social networks + social events to engage with the public:
- Instagram Live / Daily Post / Social Events / Videos to promote the Near Wallet starting with our community of +40K followers: Mineria Virtual.
- A collaborative space as headquarters of Team/Guilds for events, weekly Crypto-Mondays and daily basis courses, social interactions, promotion and others.
- A fun token like Dogecoin that would get public attention like BEER token (Crypto Birra)
Fact: We already manage the Mineria Virtual Community, right now we are setting up the collaborative space with personal funds, BEER TOKEN will be made in the following days, and also we already made a marketing test of the “Crypto Birra”.
If we all have already a Wallet and Cryptocurrencies in it, there will be no need for NEARer Wallet (NEER WALLET + FEATURES).
We understand that there is a transition step where cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies co-exist at the same time, this transition has already begun but from centralized exchanges where people is still scammed, get their funds frozen or stolen, so the next step in the transition are decentralized exchanges but not the now in existance like Uniswap, we are talking about a decentralized exchange with CRYPTO and FIAT currencies. Therefore, we need a Wallet that allows users to exchange their FIAT CURRENCY with CRYPTO.
We are a group of professionals in different areas, most of us are experienced traders, we work with remittances and we are from Venezuela, Spain and Argentina.
The initial team is in no particular order as follows:
- Luis Maya, attorney and former COO of Mango Markets (venezuelan crypto exchange)
- Fritz Wagner, engineer and founder of Bitdharma (Crypto Mining Company)
- Juan Padrón, accounter and CFO of Zesions (crypto exchange)
- Frank Cardenas, cryptocurrency trader and community manager of Mineria Virtual
- Jose Ortuño, software developer, experienced trader and CEO of Cheers Factory
- Nicolas Peña, CEO of a Marketing Company with a degree in international studies
- Communication channels:
- Telegram and Instagram of “Mineria Virtual” to spend time with the Spanish Community
- Instagram & Twitter of @NearVenezuela for direct Marketing
- Discord Channel where we can work together with our community, with collaborators.
- Create and manage a collaborative space: Nodo +58
- Define features, user experience, user interface, KYC, and others: dAPP project
- Develop a Nearer Wallet dApp with the help of the community developers (possible partnership with the Minerall Guild)
- Build a financial office that would place the necessary liquidity and operate fiat transactions, including the legal compliance.
- Run a marketing plan to promote NEAR:
- Create quality content directed to our public, which includes free online courses: Proposal and Link to a sample of our own.
- Direct Marketing: Mineria Virtual, post, videos & other interactions to promote NEAR.
- Advertising: Through artists and celebrities like the test of “Crypto Beer” with richard linares (+ 2M followres)
- Brand Recognition: Crypto Beer, pubs and bars will have the NEAR sticker of “Accept Payments with NEAR / BEER”
- Customer feedback: On our Discord Channel, or Telegram group we will receive feedback and we will give support for the use of the applications on NEAR.
First, let’s take a second to mention what we have already achieved since we started working for the near community (30/06/2021):
We have a community of over 40 thousand people on Instagram (mineria.virtual), it’s important to mention that this community is already related to the cryptocurrency world.
We made a marketing test and promoted the NEAR technology with our crypto beer, the results were awesome, and people showed much interest.
We made several reunions with friends and family to measure interest and teach about NEAR.
We brought over 50 people to the NEAR HISPANO telegram community and already made some progress in other social networks such as Twitter (@NearVenezuela)
Our entire team have experience in several fields related to cryptocurrencies (trading, teaching, software development, marketing, and management in general)
Now without further ado, we present our roadmap for the next few months (period still for define):
The next three tasks represent the basis of our long term project, we will focus on this at the very start of our NEAR journey:
- Complete UX/UI for P2P feature (2 weeks from the start) and give it to the Development team (not us) so they can start working on it.
- Complete the courses The World of the Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain Knight (1 month)
- Complete the remodeling of Node +58 (2 months)
- First Stage: Awareness Marketing ( 3 months )
- Refer +500 new contributors to open-web-sandbox
- Refer +100 new contributors to gov.near.org forum
- Daily social media activity → Producing a collection of +50 memes
- Weekly live video to talk about NEAR opportunities using Mineria.Virtual Instagram
- Monthly Meetup with our community
- Introduce +200 new users into NEAR, by teaching them about Blockchain (Online courses 1)
- Build a team of +10 instructors to promote the wallet in events/meetings/courses
- These contributors/users will help us to spread the information for the next stage.
- The instructors will help us to receive/promote/teach possible users, take care of the headquarters (Nodo +58), and as moderators of the communication channels.
- Second Stage: P2P feature ready ( 3 months after P2P feature )
- Weekly “Crypto Beer” Events in Cheers Factory brewhouse
- Weekly “Crypto Mondays” in the Collaborative Space Nodo +58 (Headquarters)
- Welcome onboard +30 new developers to the Near Community
- Refer +200 new users to the NEAR WALLET using the QR code of the Crypto Beer
- Here we will be promoting and teaching people how to use the P2P feature
- Third Stage: Adoption ( 6 months after P2P feature )
- Refer +2000 new users to the NEAR WALLET (pretty sure it can be more)
- Exchange a volume of + USD 5,000 with NEAR as liquidity providers (P2P offers)
- Long term goals (1 year after P2P feature)
- Daily exchange volume of + USD 10,000
- +1 University / Institution with a NEAR protocol development program
- +10,000 users of the NEAR WALLET P2P feature/dapp
- Self-Driven Community that will look for NEAR expansion helping people to empower their finances
- Repeat the process outside our borders starting with Argentina.
- Possible next project: Adoption of Decentralized Voting dApps for Public Electoral Processes
Possible next project: Adoption of Decentralized Voting dApps for Public Electoral Processes
People will buy and sell products using the Near Wallet, they will go to a pub or bar and they will buy their food and drinks using the Near Wallet.
The strategy is to focus on the city of Caracas and then expand in Venezuela, replicate the marketing plan in Argentina.
Right now the buyers of cryptocurrencies are expeculating…
As the first use case for Internet was the E-mail, because the internet was for data transfering, now the first use case for Blockchain is finance, because Blockchain allows token transactions.
If we focus on the right audience, there is the chance for mainstream adoption.