[PROPOSAL] Application to be Council for Regional Community DAO

Hello NEAR Community,

I hereby apply for the position of RC DAO Council Member to represent the European Region.

1. Who are you?
My name is Kemal, I am 34 years young, live in Berlin and I am into crypto for almost 6 years now. I love sports, eating healthy, going to crypto events and conferences, and love to connect with other people.

I am also a very ambitious and creative mind with an entrepreneurial spirit and a background in business development, sales, marketing, and community building. I am resourceful and well organized with excellent leadership and team-building skills. Dedicated and hardworking with an inner drive to achieve or exceed goals.

2. What is your experience?
I have more than 16 years of professional experience and have founded several startups in the web2 space and am Co-Founder in a web3 project, called Mintickt, where we are building an NFT ticketing platform. My expertise is in community building, marketing, sales, and BD, where I have worked most of my professional career. I have built several communities from zero to five figures and also developed marketing strategies for companies. You can find more about my professional experience on LinkedIn HERE.

3. Any skills? Goals?
I have a high level of organizational skills that enable me to coordinate well with my co-workers and manage multiple projects simultaneously with optimal results. My most important soft skills are communicative openness, self-motivation, and responsibility for achieving results. My quick research skills and ability to analyze with an eye for efficiency and optimization allow me to learn and adapt to new industry trends quickly.

4. How are you involved with NEAR and the overall blockchain ecosystem?
I first heard about NEAR through the CoinList Community Sale in 2020 and joined the community. A year later, I applied to the NEAR Foundation and started as part of the #NEARConcierge team as a Community Manager, responsible for the Telegram, Discord, and Reddit channels of the NEAR Protocol community. You can find out more about my work at NEAR as part of the #ConciergeTeam HERE.
I am also building an NFT ticketing platform on NEAR together with my co-founder. I am therefore very familiar with NEAR and know the NEAR ecosystem extremely well.
Besides the NEAR ecosystem, I am also very familiar with other blockchains and the crypto industry, as I have invested in several projects myself and research what is going on in the market on a daily basis.

5. Where is your home?
I live in Berlin (Germany), which is very central to other cities in Europe. We also have a lot of crypto projects and a ton of Developers located here, so it’s great to connect with other people in the industry.

6. Which communities do you represent?
a) Merchants of NEAR
b) @dach.near

7. Why are you a good candidate?
I believe I am a strong candidate for the Council position based on my extensive experience and unique skill set. With nearly 6 years in the crypto space, including successful ventures in Web2 and ongoing work on Web3 projects, I have a deep understanding of the industry’s evolution and trends. I am well-versed in the NEAR ecosystem and have thrived in fast-paced, distributed team environments. Additionally, my large network of KOLs and media channels in Europe, combined with my passion for attending crypto events and conferences, allow me to drive community engagement effectively.

8. Why should people vote for you?
Firstly, because of my many years of professional experience in the field of marketing and community building and because I have founded my own startups, which helps to understand the business part of building a Regional Community. I also have a proven track record of successfully building communities, so I am very familiar with the subject. In addition, I am very well connected in the crypto market and have good relationships with KOLs and media channels, which can help me to achieve a wider reach for the RC DAO and the NEAR.

9. Explain your strategy to develop regional communities.
Goals: I would start by setting goals that we want to achieve. This could be increasing brand awareness, increasing overall engagement, or bringing new members on board.
Awareness: Next, it is important to create a strong online presence, be it through social media platforms, a website, or a blog. Consistency and localized content will resonate well with people in the region.
Engagement: It is important for a community to encourage members to engage in conversations, so you should actively participate in the community. This means actively responding to comments, replying to messages, and asking for feedback from the community.
Collaborate: To drive growth, I would partner with regional KOLs or local media channels that align with our values. This way we can use the reach of an existing community to help our own grow.
Loyalty: And very importantly, loyalty. To foster this, I would organize local events, meetings, or workshops. Especially for regional communities, it is important for members to be able to get together offline, as this fosters a sense of belonging. I would also offer exclusive perks and incentives to community members, such as special discounts on conferences and merchandise or giveaways. This makes members feel valued and keeps them engaged.

10. Let us know any expectations regarding your time commitment and compensation.
Being able to organize the times myself would be ideal for me. Otherwise, I am relatively flexible. Regarding the compensation, this depends on the actual hours that are required of me.

11. Kindly disclose any potential conflicts of interest, and feel free to be creative!
I am the leader of the NEAR DACH community. But I promise that, regardless of which community I represent, I will always be fair and objective when dealing with proposals.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Kemal

4 Likes

“And very importantly, loyalty. To foster this, I would organize local events, meetings, or workshops. Especially for regional communities, it is important for members to be able to get together offline, as this fosters a sense of belonging. I would also offer exclusive perks and incentives to community members, such as special discounts on conferences and merchandise or giveaways. This makes members feel valued and keeps them engaged.”

Absolutely…LFG

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment, @Niall! :pray: I hope everything is going well with the Luxembourg Guild. You know you can reach out to me if you need any help! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Full support partner!

Great to meet you in person last NEARCON 2022 :slightly_smiling_face:

I am sure you are the right person to represent the European Region.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, partner! :heart_hands: It was also nice to meet you at NearCon last year, and hope to see you there again this year! :hugs:

Yes man for sure. You were very helpful before. Will give you a shout if I have any further questions.

All the best with the nomination. Will look to give support any way I can :muscle:

1 Like