We are making history #democracy near #decentralization
Now, today I share this post to discuss “buying votes”, so first let’s describe it →
What is vote buying?
It refers to the act of individuals, who have no genuine interest or affiliation with NEAR, engaging in the activity of voting in exchange for a reward.
For a comprehensive understanding, please review our Fair Voter Policy
In this topic I will touch the following points:
- Highlight important points around the NDC election
- Resume the accusation
- Defense myself against false accusations of being buying votes
Rules are focused on:
- The voters are real humans.
- The voters were not forced, coerced, or paid to vote for a candidate.
- Rules are grey without clear definitions in some places but there is a reason for that.
As @atrox1382 express on the NDC CANDIDATES telegram group
I share this to address by conversation/discussion the Fraud I am accused of, understanding that conversation is the way when unclear definitions is what we have, such confusion is allowing also the misunderstood and therefore the accusation. Let’s go.
It basically shows keypom use.
There is a transaction from me to another OG Candidate. @Jloc
- Keypom created by me was a call from my community to my community of developers all real humans with certifications from NEAR UNIVERSITY
- Other keypom created was also a call from my community to my community to reward activities.
- Jloc is my partner on a brewery we can transfer funds withing each other at any time.
The rules were made to avoid people that doesnt care about NEAR vote on NEAR elections, and the people that voted for me did participate on NEAR:
- Near Venezuela Community: 109 replies (People presenting themselves year and half ago)
[Forum Meeting] Near Venezuela Members
- Near Venezuela DAO: 2188 transactions (We do use and believe in Decentralization)
Cuenta Near near-venezuela.sputnik-dao.near | NearBlocks
- Many Proyects with community members involved:
Crypto Beer, Palmeros Chacao, Near Hispano (Developers), MV traders, and so on like NearP2P, etc.
So, all the people voting for me are participants of NEAR, that willingly decided to vote, many of them without the OG where blacklisted and went through a difficult verification to be able to vote.
I have proof here that:
- This humans are not only humans, but NEAR Community participants
- There is a Big NEAR Community Supporting my campaign
And they did use keypom as me and our community use keypom and will continue to as is a good way to encourage activities.
Let’s remember that keypom use is not a direct transaction, not against rules and the meaning of the transaction cant be proved to be buying vote cuz of course, it is not. And why there would be a buying of a vote to someone that is already a member of the community and knows about the hard work of their leaders?
All eligible participants shall have fair access to participate in the voting process, And all members have an equal opportunity to participate in voting, irrspective of gender, ethnicity, age, economyc status, or any other factor.
Again, meaning ANY HUMAN can vote, and that’s why the community decided to use keypom to reward activities, of course those funds can be used as bond to vote, but that’s not a buying vote nor a reward for voting. That’s a support from the Community to their community members for Fair Accces and Non-discrimination.
And always keep in mind that the rules were made to avoid people that doesnt care about NEAR vote on NEAR elections, and the people that voted for me are really part of NEAR, and voted freely.
Red: Ukraine/Aurora Block, very organized.
Blue: The rest of the NEAR Community, not that organized (freely voting).
Result: Majority of seats taken by the Ukraine/Aurora Block.
→ Only one seat for Latin America.
→ @mattlockyer @marieke.flament closely to get out by the Ukraine/Aurora Block, they get into the seats at the ending days also thanks to Latin America voters (who went out from Blacklisted to Whitelisted in the last week).
→ Basically, little representation of the Near Community as a whole.
How did people manage to get out from Blacklisted
Really extensive confirmation of humanity, showing themselves on camera, live, showing screen and doing many tasks on screen such as post on near.social, sending funds, etc.
So, this attack is because @ZomLand is not happy enough with all the seats they get by bending rules, also want to take out the only one voice that get to represent Latin America.
Votes casted by the faction can show the achievement from the Aurora/Ukraine organization which is trying to take even 5 seats instead of 4 on CoA with the 5th seat to Techdir by this attack against LATAM community voters.
Stop the attack, you got majority of seats +20/29 seats with your community of 200 people.
Allow LATAM and the community of 180 that voted for me to have 1 seat of the 29, one seat to be the voice of LATAM.
This is why EIC is able to decide by reviewing with enough space to make a decision, beacuse there could be not expected results such as this wild result we had.
Previous Ukraine organized hack over an election of NEAR Community (RC-DAO): Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases. (Investigation shared by RC-DAO admins)
I will go with any decision, just ask to take into account the reality behind any keypom before making any opinion.
Let’s remember every human has the right to vote.
This are not just humans, but NEAReans.
Bonds funding came from the same community voting.
Bonds are to create a barrier against hackers, not against community members.
And Keypom was allowed according to the written rules.
Keypom name: ALL HUMANS RIGHT TO VOTE not hidding anything
Other communities could hide behind CEX transactions, but this is not hide, but public as it should be always.
Let’s come together to build the Open Web, leaving behind attacks and toxicity. Instead, let’s celebrate our achievements and collaborate to make NEAR even greater. #CollaborationOverConflict #BuildingTheOpenWeb
- Be the voice and advocate for responsible decentralization, strongly rejecting any plans to centralize efforts away from the people. I strongly believe that when brought together people make better, fairer decisions.
- Protect the ecosystem from any form of self-interest, no matter their origins.
- Fight against any toxic culture within the NEAR ecosystem – we are in this together and need to support one another.
Quote from our former leader, hopefully now our advisor