What is the Info Team?
Enable information access and to empower community knowledge building, while providing accountability measures for the NEAR Foundation to the community through the promotion of DAO governance structures.
We will be considering the WHAT, HOW, and WHY of:
- Best practices/community playbooks
- Funding strategy
- Data and information access
- Connection and connecting community members with whatever resources and supports are needed
- Process and Team administration - for internal-facing purposes with clear channels of communication, collaboration, and organization; and for external interactions with all members of the community
Here is the general scope of what this team will be responsible for and open to helping the NF and wider community with:
- Governance Forum Reorganization - from Phase 0 to infinity to be started in Q4
- stay tuned for the full plan for this to be announced in the coming days!
- NEAR Wiki content population and coordination with the NEARverse Portal (& Wiki) Guild
- NEARWEEK/Ecosystem mapping & Guilds survey generation support
- Marketing DAO Vertical facilitation
- Supporting NEAR Data Center efforts, Guilds Dashboard and other related Guilds & DAO data projects, and sourcing community analytics needs for integration into the wider NF analytics plans
- Governance & Astro
- Governauts - multichain governance research program beginning in Oct
- Community Fund Strategy and process [continuing with the NEAR Community DAO]
- Research DAO Vertical & Governance DAO for the meta coordination of the groundwork for the Ecosystem Treasury DAO and improving systems of accountability
- Community & Dev Support
- Bounties DAO
- new Team Lead for the Info Team
- leading process creation and clarification for all areas of the broader Community Team, featuring but not limited to:
- supporting Guilds - their onboarding, their creation, their access to best practices and tool kits (with the Guilds Management Crew)
- NEAR Social-Community/MarCom Team onboarding, tool access, and internal processes related to our CRM software and communication with other NF teams, namely Ecosystem Success & BD
- Team OKR tracking and project management
- Community Team owning onboarding to NEAR - more on this soon
- will feature a NF Onboarding Working Group - more on this soon
- co-leading the Open Web Sandbox, the main onboarding touchpoint to the community - which will have its new roadmap posted in November
- Supporting David & James with their incredible efforts and plans
- Creatives DAO vertical, NEAR | CON Community & Creative Activations support
Desired Outcomes for the Info Team by December 2021:
- NEAR Wiki is fully ready and optimized for ecosystem member use based on the 6 personas - all 6 persona types have content to reference that is valuable and helpful
- Astro DAO stats app (formerly SputnikDAO Indexer) is live
- 8 DAO verticals fully activated and with funding
- NEAR login integration with Discourse is complete (Forum Reorg Phase 4)
- New stats.gallery build is live
- 2022 Q1 next data projects are lined up
Follow our projects and updates here in the “Info Team” subcategory of the Forum and on GitHub. On behalf of the team, @jlwaugh will be posting his great weekly summaries here on the Forum which will also highlight the progress of this team and our various initiatives.
Each of us will post a Loom video next week outlining in a bit more detail what initiatives and projects we’ll be undertaking as part of this new Info Team and feel free to comment and provide feedback - as always - on what you’re seeing. We look forward to working with our colleagues and the wider community in this slightly new capacity!