Introducing: The NEAR Forum Sherpas

Hello NEAR Fam :wave:

The ecosystem is growing rapidly, and our Community is, too!

In light of this, and to add a little zest to the NEAR Forum, we’re rolling out the NEAR Forum Sherpa initiative :tada:

What is it

We’re onboarding a number of forum moderators (sherpas) to help us scale the Everest which the NEAR Community is destined to become.

Those onboarded will be tasked with assisting forum users with organisation (where to post what), engaging with community members on the forum, and enforcing the NEAR Forum Community Guidelines:

TL;DR: NEAR Forum moderators who are here to help our community navigate the forum and will be actively engaging with your proposals and posts.

Goals

• Increase community engagement in forum threads
  • Improve the ‘overall experience’ of the forum
    • Become the ‘go-to’ for forum related questions and organisational issues
  • Ensure the forum is a friendly, positive, and welcoming place to be for the entire community

Responsibilities

Sherpas (Moderators) will serve as guides within the NEAR Forum. They’ll help the entire community with any forum related questions, alongside maintaining the organisation of the forum as a whole

• Ensure threads are in the correct category with the correct tags
  • Enforce the Community Guidelines
  • Keep the forum free of spam
  • Engage with the community through forum threads

Current Moderators

The current moderators have a plethora of experience in the NEAR Community and were the ideal candidates to kick this off (thanks guys!)

@Benz_Near
@KriptoRaptor
@stanisnear

How Do I Contact the Moderators?

You can tag, or message, all the moderators with @Community_Moderator

Next Steps

As we continue to grow, so will this initiative. There’ll be more opportunities to get onboarded as a NEAR Forum moderator if that’s something you’d like to pursue.

We’ll be developing a NEAR Forum playbook to assist the moderators and, of course, the entire community.

Huge thanks to @jcatnear for all her help with this!

31 Likes

Hello, @David_NEAR. First off, kudos to you for all the work you’ve been doing on the forum. I’ve been anticipating the launch of the sherpas program and would be keeping an eye out for when new mods will get on-boarded.

Until then, keep up with the awesome works. Big fan :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! Shan’t be too long before we open it up for more applications :tada:

8 Likes

Oh okay. I’ll be on the lookout once that happens. Thanks for your prompt response too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey guys, could you please introduce yourself. Be honestly, have never seen your here before. Thanks

3 Likes

Both Benz and Stans are mods on the NEAR official community channels (Telegram / Discord) for several months now. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank You. I Meant here. Not everyone from our multinational community joined in English-speaking TG group. More than 45% community speak Vietnamese , Russian and Hindi only.

5 Likes

Ah yes. I understand. I was just trying to point out they aren’t new to the community. I’ll end it here so they can introduce themselves later to the community :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I would love to be part of this initiative :100:, you can count on me if you wish :raised_hand:

@jcatnear

11 Likes

Haha , I bet you :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

No when you take Badges into account :sunglasses:

my 25 against your 18 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Awesome :joy: 4 days reading time vs 2

:beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers:

3 Likes

I’ll try my best :muscle: will be roaming around and covering tasks as much as i can spare time from telegram and other campaigns. I actually often do :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

they are our moderator friends @Dacha onboarded on the same batch in June :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

Im Benz, channel ops from Discord :wink: you can see many discord reports i made here in the forum, make sure to check them!

I am glad to help out here in the forum, indeed i love it! I’ll try my best here!
Go team!

9 Likes

Hey @David_NEAR , am very much interested to be part of this initiative. Trust level 3 user
Been active forum members for a while

Also , 100 consecutive days visit and still counting

@jcatnear

9 Likes

This guy has earned some merit in the forum :astonished:. He deserves it

5 Likes

jejeje nice one. Also a forum Jedi Here :point_right: @Dacha

5 Likes

Hey guys!

Love the enthusiasm :tada:

This will be expanded early next year 1000%

12 Likes

Hi, my stats aren’t as good as yours, but I’d still like to help if possible. @Community_Moderator

9 Likes