Hello NEAR Fam
The ecosystem is growing rapidly, and our Community is, too!
In light of this, and to add a little zest to the NEAR Forum, we’re rolling out the NEAR Forum Sherpa initiative
We’re onboarding a number of forum moderators (sherpas) to help us scale the Everest which the NEAR Community is destined to become.
Those onboarded will be tasked with assisting forum users with organisation (where to post what), engaging with community members on the forum, and enforcing the NEAR Forum Community Guidelines:
TL;DR: NEAR Forum moderators who are here to help our community navigate the forum and will be actively engaging with your proposals and posts.
- Increase community engagement in forum threads
- Improve the ‘overall experience’ of the forum
- Become the ‘go-to’ for forum related questions and organisational issues
- Ensure the forum is a friendly, positive, and welcoming place to be for the entire community
Sherpas (Moderators) will serve as guides within the NEAR Forum. They’ll help the entire community with any forum related questions, alongside maintaining the organisation of the forum as a whole
- Ensure threads are in the correct category with the correct tags
- Enforce the Community Guidelines
- Keep the forum free of spam
- Engage with the community through forum threads
The current moderators have a plethora of experience in the NEAR Community and were the ideal candidates to kick this off (thanks guys!)
You can tag, or message, all the moderators with @Community_Moderator
As we continue to grow, so will this initiative. There’ll be more opportunities to get onboarded as a NEAR Forum moderator if that’s something you’d like to pursue.
We’ll be developing a NEAR Forum playbook to assist the moderators and, of course, the entire community.
Huge thanks to @jcatnear for all her help with this!