[Ideation] Nifty Comedians - help build this NFT Comedy Store!

Nifty Comedians - help build this NFT Comedy Store!

Looking for technical teammates to help build Nifty Comedians - the original NFT Comedy Store!

Nifty Comedians - rate by LAFF, build your own Wall Of Fame, and even interact with world famous comics at the original NFT Comedy Store minting center & display platform!

We’re working with Mark Normand, Nikki Glaser, & other incredible comedians to create their own Comedy NFTs. We’re making NFTs for them from their specials, podcasts, comedy clips, and even jokes. We’re also partnering with NFT digital artists to create Comedy NFT art based on comedians’ stand-up set material.

Comedians put hilarious content on Instagram and Twitter every day, where the platform takes a lion’s share of the profits. But if they put up those hysterical jokes/videos up for sale as NFTs as their own NFT Comedy Stores on Nifty Comedians, they would take back the value from the comedy they create and become truly independent and have more freedom as a paid performer.

There’s also a big stigma among comedians against stealing jokes. If comedians minted their original jokes on Nifty Comedians, it would provide proof that a stolen joke was actually theirs, and they could have rights to earn royalties from their original jokes.

Our vision:

• Comedy fans can show what comic are their favorites, what comedic bits they think are the best of all time, and that joke they come back to over and over again when they need a laugh, all collected and stored in one place.

• Fans will be able to rate NFTs by LAFF’ing: a social NFT interactive token that will allow fans rate comedy NFTs with a LAFF social token

• Comedy NFTs will also provide a social signaling aspect to fans when they bought an up and coming comic’s work before they were famous.

• Nifty Comedians will be a one-stop Comedy shop for fans can go to see and interact with all their favorite comedian, for comedians to support each other, and even find new comedy.

Founder: Jack McDermott. Social - https://twitter.com/JackMcDermott1 NEAR account - jackmcdermott.near

I’m looking for techncal cofounder(s) to help with:

1. Smart contracts, and smart contract data management (incl. TheGraph)

2. Web3 frontend i.e. wallet integration starting w/ Metamask

3. Main web design, layout, & UI

4. Possible back-end structure for additional end user profile data management

3 Likes

@enidavis LAFF seems good fit for social token DAO!

@JackMcDermott Please submit this as a proposal over at https://www.sputnik.fund/#/dao/social-tokens.sputnikdao.near/proposals - IDEA phase, 10 NEAR :tada:

1 Like

Love it - yes pls!

I know that jokes/comedy have suffered from lack of copyright protection and I think this is a really cool way to address this challenge. Would love to see the buildout of LAFF tokens. Online comedy has been a saving grace for so many people this year (present company included!).

So sorry, just saw this and already submitted the proposal to the NFT Onboarding page. I will submit it to the Social Token proposal page, feel free to ignore the proposal on the NFT Onboarding page!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes, Comedy NFTs through Nifty Comedians can serve as an on-chain proof that a stolen joke was actually the comedian’s! I’m glad that the LAFF tokens are a hit, I will be sure to focus on that token aspect for the purposes of the hackathon. Yes, comedy provides so much value to people, it’s time we start recognizing that value!

3 Likes

Just posted it to the Social Token proposal page! Thank you all for the feedback. SputnikDAO

3 Likes

This is cool! I’m down to help with any design needs - UX/UI, website… if you’re still looking for someone

3 Likes

Yes I am! Will message you on this form!

2 Likes