GWG Project Manager - Nomination - Kaz

Dear GWG,

I am writing to express my interest in the project manager role at the Governance Working Group for the Near Ecosystem. I have worked on 50+ full scale and paid client projects in my professional web2 career, of which I had a PM or higher executive role in 40+ of them. Since then, in the last 3 years I’ve been working in web3 where my role has been Developer Advocate, Product Owner, and Founder, working more collaboratively, decentralized and gig-based as we do in web3. I think this experience makes me a perfect candidate for this position. I am very familiar with both the traditional and the more modern project management tools and techniques (RAID logs, Kanban boards, Gantt charts, OODA loops, you name it). My formal qualifications include MSc of Engineering and Blackbelt in Lean Six Sigma.

I’m very excited about the idea and prospects of NDC. Having been part of it for some months I’m excited to work in this dynamic environment with so many brilliant and engaged community members. What I believe we need at this point is focus and a little more structure to deliver on the ambitious agenda that we have set out. We need to make sure the first steps on this journey are actually taken and not just talked about, or risk “fizzling out” into yet another ambitious project that went nowhere. And at the same time we have to ensure that we don’t become so formalized and structured that creativity dies. We don’t want to be just another mediocre DAO. We want to show all other blockchains the path towards real decentralization, with a real community, with real grass roots engagement and real innovation.

But every journey has to start with actually taking the first steps. That’s why I’m proposing myself to help coordinate and drive execution of v0 and v1 of the governance. I have extensive experience in project and program management. I am comfortable with establishing project deadlines, identifying and resolving issues and risks, developing detailed plans to monitor and track the progress of projects, measuring project performance, running team stand-ups, and providing weekly updates on progress, as outlined in the roles and responsibilities under the NDC. I can communicate effectively with stakeholders, develop and maintain project budgets, and coordinate with team members to ensure projects stay on track to deliver. The first order of business should be to get Q4 bounties paid out, agree on and set up Q1 bounties, and institute the trustees for the community treasury. Then let’s identify and remove all roadblocks and get velocity towards the Q1 deliverables.

I’m looking forward to your questions.

Thank you.
Noak / Kaz

Twitter: @k8zander
Telegram: @KazanderDad

2 Likes