New job posting: Governance Working Group (GWG) Project Manager

Governance Working Group (GWG) Project Manager

Job Description

The GWG working group is responsible for delivering governance frameworks and technical implementations for the NEAR Ecosystem to form the NEAR Digital Collective (NDC) and is looking for an experienced project manager to oversee project delivery.

Skills

• A solid understanding of risk management processes
  • Strong leadership skills
  • Proven self-management and team-management skills
  • Capability to make decisions under pressure
  • Great social and communication skills

Roles & Responsibilities

• Establish project deadlines and monitor the progress of the project.

• Identify and resolve issues and risks that arise.

• Develop a detailed plan to monitor and track the progress of the project

• Measure project performance using appropriate project management tools

• Run team standups and provide weekly updates on the progress

Bounty

$6500 per mo in $NEAR tokens (calculated at time of disbursement)

The GWG operates on outcome-based bounties. This ensures efforts are completed before bounties are issued. Bounty issued monthly

Qualifications

• A bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, business management, or a related field.
  • Any relevant project management-related experience.
  • A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred

How to Apply

Please submit your request for consideration here on the NEAR Governance Forum, either as a reply to this post or as a standalone post, in which case use the following format:

• Title: GWG Project Manager - Nomination
  • Category: Ecosystem NDC
  • Tags: proposal, bounty, ndc

Please direct any inquiries or send your CV to near.ndc.gwg@gmail.com

Cross-posted on Telegram and on near.social, (may also be posted on careers.near.org if we don’t get enough interest here within a week or so)

14 Likes

Hello I am interested in this role.

Please allow me to introduce myself. As a well-rounded, high energy manager, I think this role is a perfect fit for me. Not only did I study computer science, but I also have experience going from prompt to working product and managing large scale application development.

I’ve managed tens of team members at multiple companies building applications with hundreds of thousands of users. I’ve built the Instagram of X twice, and I operate well with ambiguity and under pressure. I have also been a community manager for multiple NFT projects.

I’m looking forward to discussing more of my experience and the role.

My portfolio link, linkedin, and resume are also available upon request since I can’t post links here.

2 Likes

I don’t know if i will repost my previous interest :thinking:

1 Like

Hello! Would you like to nominate yourself? I think you are one of test person for the role.

3 Likes

Yes please. I would like to nominate myself

2 Likes

Thank you Dacha, will try my best to post my nomination note.

3 Likes

I’d like to nominate myself for this role in the GWG. I am a well established NEAR contributor driving project delivery across key ecosystem initiatives, including user/developer onboarding, wallet community diversification, and validator onboarding, and have contributed considerably to NEAR as a core and community member. My background in the NEAR ecosystem, as a core member and contributor, has given me a nuanced understanding of the governance framework and technical implementations needed for the NEAR Digital Collective (NDC) to thrive.

I have a track record of delivery for high level ecosystem projects, which will be important in overseeing the GWG’s delivery of governance framework and technical implementations. As a NEAR collective member, I have demonstrated strong leadership skills in accomplishing these objectives. My contributions in growing the NEAR mainnet validators to increase network decentralization, creating transparency and establishing community communication loops, steering the NEAR Validator Advisory Board and designing its governance framework, and fostering the growth of wallet builders, will be highly relevant in this NDC role. My experience working with cross-functioning team on delivering decentralized applications and tools in NEAR, including non-custodial wallet, multisig wallet, and developer tools, while actualizing high level visions, has honed my team-management skills. These experiences will be especially important with managing multiple stakeholders in the GWG.

My skills in establishing and defining project deadlines, monitoring progress, identifying risks, and creatively solving issues will also be valuable in this role. I’ve managed web and mobile applications with millions of users and can ensure that not only the NDC can deliver, but also scale in the future. Happy to provide additional information upon request.

7 Likes

Would this be on top of your existing workload at Pagoda or have you recently changed roles?

1 Like

wondering the same for @janewang

1 Like

@satojandro @bailey12 Good question, I’d be focusing primarily on NDC. I’m no longer working at Pagoda and won’t be undertaking with the previous workload.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up.

If you have the availability now, I support your application!

Sounds like a great opportunity for NDC to onboard top talent that would usually be tied up already with other full time commitments.

3 Likes

I am excited to apply and nominate myself for the project manager role at the Governance Working Group for the Near Ecosystem. My experience leading IT startups and organizations for 2-3 years as a project and product manager, combined with my experience working as a developer community lead at Facebook Developer Cycle, Salesforce Trailblazer, and a Google Student Ambassador’s mentor after my tenure, as well as my experience as a co-founder and leader of a local tech initiative, makes me confident in my abilities to excel in this position.
As a proactive, results-driven individual, I have a comprehensive understanding of risk management systems, excellent leadership skills, and a proven track record of delivering projects within deadlines and budgets. In addition to my previous roles, I co-founded and led a local tech initiative to address the SDG4 goals in our region, where we trained more than 300 out-of-school children across three states based on STEM curriculum. This experience has made me proficient in collaborating with local communities, identifying and addressing the needs of the underprivileged, and developing creative solutions to tackle challenges.
In my previous roles, I established project deadlines, identified and mitigated issues and risks, developed detailed plans to monitor and track project progress, measured project performance using appropriate project management tools, and provided weekly progress updates. Additionally, my experience in stakeholder communication and talent for developing and maintaining project budgets have been key in ensuring projects remain on track.

If I get the opportunity to join GWG and NDC, I will leverage my experience in project management, risk management, and community leadership to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the needs of all stakeholders. As a quick learner, I am always eager to expand my skills and knowledge, and I am confident that I can make a valuable contribution to the NDC and the near ecosystem.

I would be honored to be considered for this position and to discuss further how my skills and experience can benefit GWG and NDC.

Thank you and i have sent my resumes to you via email, attached.

Best regards,
Musa Adam

LinkedIn
Twitter

6 Likes

gM gM Governance Working Group (GWG) Members,

I am excited to nominate myself, Piyush Choudhary, for the position of Project Manager in the GWG. My experience and skill set make me an ideal candidate for this role.

During the Covid-19 pandemic, I had the opportunity to work with a team as a team lead to build a strong social platform that connected people in need of Covid supplies with 99% accurate availability of resources. This project required strong leadership skills, as we had to work in a time of crisis when there was a rush of people in need of supplies. Despite the challenges, our team successfully delivered the project on time and with high accuracy.

In addition to my experience in crisis management, I have over 2 years of experience in the blockchain technology industry, and for the past year, I have been building on near protocol and have become a successful near foundation grantee to kick off and successfully launch a metaverse platform called de3verse… I have an in-depth knowledge of near protocol, which has allowed me to make significant contributions to the community, including launching de3verse, a successful metaverse platform. During this time, I managed a team of 7+ individuals, including developers and community managers, from the ground up to successfully launch this metaverse platform.

As a project manager, I have proven my leadership skills by effectively managing and guiding my team to achieve project goals on time and within budget. I believe in a collaborative approach that empowers team members and fosters creativity and innovation. My communication skills and attention to detail have been instrumental in ensuring that all stakeholders are informed, engaged, and satisfied with project outcomes.

Furthermore, I have experience in working with diverse teams across various time zones, which has allowed me to be adaptable, flexible, and inclusive.

I am passionate about blockchain technology, and I am always looking for ways to improve my skills and knowledge. I am confident that my experience, skills, and dedication make me the perfect fit for the Project Manager role in the GWG.

I am always open to learning new things, so if I ever get stuck, I would never let the team down but instead come up with solutions by utilizing all the resources available.

Thank you for considering my nomination. I look forward to the opportunity to serve the GWG.

Sincerely,

Piyush Choudhary

2 Likes

INC4 would like to nominate our dedicated Project Manager to fulfil this role at the GWG.

Our candidate Mike O. has a solid background in IT startups and organisations, having worked as a Project and Product Manager for 5 years.

As a member of the INC4 team, he has worked with various teams developing NEAR-based products on a daily basis. In his role, he has gained extensive experience in using NEAR protocol to develop cutting-edge decentralised applications and smart contracts.

Working with our in-house product, RPC provider service and node benchmark for the NEAR Protocol has given him a deep appreciation for the power of blockchain technology and its ability to transform industries. Mike is proud to be a part of the team that is at the forefront of this exciting and rapidly evolving field, and is looking forward to continuing to leverage NEAR protocol to drive innovation and create value for its users.

Mike was also invited as a speaker to the NEARCon2022, but he didn’t make it that time due to a family issue. Looking forward to the next opportunity to share his ideas and experience with the Community.

In addition to his experience with NEAR protocol, he also have extensive experience leading marketing teams. In his previous roles, he led teams of marketing professionals and developed successful marketing campaigns across various industries. Mike is well-versed in developing marketing strategies, analyzing market trends, and creating compelling content that resonates with target audiences.

We do believe that Mike’s marketing experience and proficiency in working with NEAR protocol can be a valuable asset to any team looking to leverage blockchain technology in innovative ways. We look forward to bringing our expertise to the table and working collaboratively to achieve success.

We’re confident that we can make a meaningful contribution to the team of like-minded professionals to drive innovation and create value for the NEAR ecosystem and NDC.

Mike’s CV has been sent to the email specified in the job posting above.
Kindly consider his candidature for an interview to get to know him better.

3 Likes

You’re a NDC trustee and can’t nominate anyone.

@blaze we told you and you promised limit of power for trustees.

Hi @Roizlive. What makes you think that I can’t nominate anyone? I sure can and I will.

My company actively participates in the development of various products in the NEAR Ecosystem, and we’ll continue doing so. Me being the NDC trustee won’t change it.

Trustees do have limited power, our sole function here is to keep the Trust’s funds safe and release the approved funds as per the Grassroots DAOs’ requests. We are not consulted with in terms of which funding requests or nominations to approve, and which not to. It’s not our call to decide. We’re solely the guardians of the funds. That’s it. Accept it.

Any RFPs, applications, nominations, etc. are considered and evaluated by the GWG or Grassroots DAOs that I’m not part of, hence I cannot neither make decisions, nor influence any.

Should the GWG choose not to consider my nomination, or to choose another nominee to fulfil the position - it’ll be duly accepted on my side. At the same time, no one can prevent me from nominating anyone because my company does have the necessary expertise, experience and opportunity to participate in the NEAR development.

Seriously? You also approve and transfer funds for NDC WG team members where the position was opened. Do you understand whether there is a conflict of interest here? @blaze , @sarahkornfeld ???

Incorrect. I don’t approve. I don’t have power to either approve or deny.

What I’m entitled to do is transfer the funds based on the DAO’s decision.
The candidate is chosen based on their skills and suitability for the position.
Any nominee they choose will be posted to the trust for funding, and I will be obliged to approve. No one will ask if I personally agree to this choice or not.
So where is the conflict of interest here?

Again, I am keeping the funds safe, not disposing of them.

My god, guys, PLEASE. Dedicate time, READ though the docs, figure it out :woman_facepalming:t3:

Hi Geoppls,
Can you share your email address or telegram?

1 Like

Hi, I would like to nominate myself for this Project Management role. I have a BA, with a minor in Computer Science, and will be completing my MBA in August. I have my PMP and my Scrum Master certification, making myself well versed in both waterfall and agile methodologies. I have over 15 years experience in IT project management, in many sectors, which makes my skills extremely transferable. I am currently the Director of project management at a software company; I have strong leadership and communication skills and am looking for an opportunity to expand my skillset.