House of Merit is happy to present the grassroots DAOs onboarding procedure:
1. Submission of application - between the 13th and 19th of each month:
Grassroots DAO initiates the onboarding process by completing the provided form (Appendix 1) and submitting a proposal on the NEAR Government forum (Ecosystem, NDC);
2. Review and evaluation - between the 13th and 19th of each month:
House of Merit (HoM) conducts a comprehensive review of the submitted proposals and engages in necessary discussions or calls with the Grassroots DAO representatives;
3. On-chain proposal creation - executed on 20th of each month:
A HoM member (a Sponsor, not affiliated with the DAO), creates an on-chain proposal on behalf of the DAO to be present in Near Digital Collective;
4. On-Chain voting - between the 20th and 26th of each month:
House of Merit members participate in on-chain voting to finalize the onboarding decision for the Grassroots DAO.
1. Denial Notification:
In the event of a denial, the House of Merit (HoM) point of Contact is obligated to provide a detailed written explanation stating the reasons behind the denial. This ensures transparency and clarity in the decision-making process.
2. Reapplication Rights:
Applicants possess the right to reapply in the subsequent month. The reapplication process allows individuals to address any concerns raised during the initial evaluation and provides an opportunity for improvement. The House of Merit encourages applicants to consider the feedback provided and make necessary adjustments when reapplying.
This dispute resolution process aims to maintain fairness, open communication, and a structured approach to handling denials, empowering applicants to understand the rationale behind decisions and seek improvement for subsequent applications.
Disclosure: All members of the NDC Governance and individuals participating in decision-making processes within the organization are required to disclose any existing or potential conflicts of interest.
Identification of Conflicts: When a conflict of interest arises or is disclosed, the involved individual must furnish a comprehensive description of the conflict. This should include details of any pertinent financial or personal interests, relationships, or affiliations that might influence, or appear to influence, their decision-making or actions within the organization.
Recusal: Any individual with a conflict of interest in a specific matter must refrain from participating in its discussion, deliberation, or voting process. To maintain impartiality, they are obliged to excuse themselves from relevant meetings or portions thereof, mitigating the risk of perceived bias.
Section 1 - DAO/Project Information
- Organization Name (e.g. DAO, project, initiative name)
- Proposal Title
- When was your DAO / Project established? If it is new, use today’s date.
- DAO’s Category (Ecosystem/Gaming/NFT/Regional Development/Marketing)
- Project’s Category (Community Led, Gaming/NFT/Defi etc)
Section 2. Previous Funding
- Have you received funding for this project from any source?
- Any source of funding. This may include NEAR Foundation Grants, and existing GDAOs, among others.
Section 3. DAO URLs
- DAO / Project Website
- Social Media Distribution Channels (Telegram (Group), Discord (Community), Twitter, Near.Social, Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, Medium, and others;
- Is Your DAO/Project Targeting a Specific Country?
- Which region will your DAO/ Project support? Usually, regions can be defined by their language. North American Central, South America & Caribbean (Spanish), South America (Portuguese), Europe, Asia, Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East, or international by fact
Section 4. Applicant Information
- Name of Point of Contact (The pseudonymous name the community knows you is acceptable. However, note that you will have to complete KYC to be able to receive funding from NDC)
- Link to Governance Forum/near.social Profile
- NEAR Wallet ID
- Wallet ID that will be receiving funds
- Country of Residence
- Twitter, Telegram
- Additional Relevant Links (add any other links to resources that highlight your work or involvement with NEAR ecosystem. This may include your portfolio, GitHub, etc.)
Section 5. Team Members
- Please provide information about Team Members. Information should include (name, roles, near.social profile handles)
Section 6. Experience
What related qualifications, experience, or track record does your team bring to this initiative?
- Short Summary of Your and Team’s Professional Experience
- List Web3 Projects You Have Completed
- Live Links to Examples of Relevant Work
- Relevant Data Points Showing Your Competencies
Section 7. DAO/Project Charter/White or Litepaper and Goals
- Project Overview: Presentation with a short High-Level 6 bullet points summary:
(Mission, Vision, Core programs and how they align with NDC’s NDC CoA Vision, team, and requested budget for the next three months)
- What Problem Are You Aiming to Solve?
- DAO/Project Charter;
- How can your DAO / Project achieve NDC priorities, goals, and KPIs?
- Roadmap of your DAO/project, Milestones, and achievements
Section 8. Budget
- Projected Budget for the next three months (In USD for each Task/Milestone)
- Links to Similar Proposals from Near Foundation, existing GDAOs, Near ECO (if applicable)
- What is the length of Commitment to Delivering Your Project? Will your team be working on this project full time?
- Will your team be fully renumerated from this budget?
Section 9. Project/DAO longevity
- Does your project/DAO require one-time or continuous funding?
- Will your DAO/Project device way of sustaining itself after this round of funding?
- What are the possible roadblocks to the success of your project/DAO?