[Guide] Mintbase DAO Proposal Submission new post
Hello and welcome to the Mintbase DAO Astro.
The NEAR community is invited to submit payout proposals to the Mintbase Astro DAO.
The Mintbase Guild and DAO aim to empower projects to set up their own NFT-marketplaces. On Mintbase, minters create their own smart contract or are added to an existing one. Through the Forum the DAO council will be able to vote on which projects to support.
Who should submit proposals?
Payout proposals to the Mintbase Mintbase Astro DAO should be submitted by members of the NEAR community who would like to receive funding in order to support the community.
How should a proposal be submitted
- Posts a “New Topic” in the NEAR forums (please use the “mintbase” tag), within the “Mintbase - NEAR Forum” category, outlining:
- What project you are requesting funds for. (This should be the title of the post)
- Your name, NEAR account, and the timeline you are requesting funding for.
- The address that will be the “target” of the payout proposal.
- Total Requested Funding Amount
- What tasks the funds are required for (Outlined with as much detail as possible. Please add external links where appropriate).
- Please provide a timeline and milestones for your project.
- How the completion of the tasks outlined supports the NEAR community.
(EXAMPLE: [PROPOSAL] Build an application on MintbaseJS - March 2022)
The council of the Mintbase Astro DAO will deliberate over your proposal by checking over the info submitted in the forum link and leaving comments if necessary.
- If your forum post is adequate and thorough, the council may vote to pass your proposal without any comments whatsoever, this is perfectly normal.
- If needed you can always edit the original forum post to add more information if required by a council member.
- When your project receives “[Approved]” Status, you can start working on it.
- After you finish at least one of the milestones approved, post a comment with the appropriate links for the work. The council will review your work and leave a comment greenlighting you to make a DAO payout proposal. (Please do not move onto step 3 until your proposal gets the green light)
Go to the Mintbase Astro DAO and “add new proposal” of the “payout” type.
- Set the “target” to the NEAR address that you are requesting funds to (example: “john.near”).
- For the “Job/proposal description” field, write a short (240 chars or less) description of the proposal (adding the guild name and month of funding for example).
- Use the link to the forum post that you have created in the “forum discussion” field of the payout proposal.
- Set the “Payout in NEAR” to the amount of funding that you are requesting for your guild.
- Click “SUBMIT” and submit the transaction! (0.1 NEAR will be needed for a bond to deter spam, this bond will be returned upon successful completion of the proposal).
Funds will be transferred from the mintbase.sputnik-dao.near contract to the address set in the “target” field from step 2, once the council members of the Mintbase Astro DAO vote to approve your payout proposal.
- Please ensure to check back on your post to see if there are notes from a council member (email notifications can be enabled as well) to ensure there is the highest chance of success for your proposal to pass
- If your proposal fails, there will be a reason in the comments of your forum post. Please feel free to edit your post, taking the comments into consideration, and re-submit a payout proposal.
Since all proposals to the Mintbase Guild have the “mintbase” tag, they can all be found at this link.