Community Squad Weekly Update: 23 FEB 21

:fire: Community Squad Update Thread

  • @shreyas * @jlwaugh * @nima
    Priorities (Update every Monday)
    Progress and blockers (Update every Thursday)


Cyberpunk Guild @nima

NEAR Hong Kong
NEAR Hong Kong has been activated! The team is taking an initiative to build a resource centre that brings together updates and information related to NEAR. Check out the NEAR Portal website and submit your content request here.

:building_construction: Community Squad’s Effort Last Week:

  • Ecosystem partnership efforts
  • Guild activation and onboarding (Cypherpunk and HK Guild and more)
  • Guild point system and reward calculation
  • Sputnik DAO activation result presentation
  • Clubhouse NEAR chatroom about DAO interoperability and v2 of Sputnik DAO
  • TL;DR of this is that we should always be running hackathons

:abacus: Boring Metrics

Global community update:
Discord total members: 9218 → 9217 (-1)
Telegram total members: 8436→ 8483 (+47)
Active guild: 32

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 11.30.07 PM

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 11.30.01 PM


Prios this week:

  • Guild point system and review with guild leads
  • Guild reward calculation
  • Guild monthly report arrangement
  • Asia team sync
  • Forum reorganization
  • Telegram price channel planning
  • HK guild activation

Yo Yo Yo NEARverse :v:

  • Helping Cypherpunk Guild get approval and start their journey as our first mega guild (they’re going for 100K $NEAR seed funding :rocket:) :white_check_mark:
  • Ecosystem partnership efforts with TokenAngels, MintGate, Abridged, KeyKo … :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
  • FoFs preso and plans for NFC :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
  • CC reorg and restructuring :white_check_mark: (gathered feedback and working on reorg)
  • Hiring stuff … (one :point_up: closed and another one sending the offer today :wink: ) :white_check_mark:
  • Follow up on OWL after program lead is confirmed (not done - dep on hiring TPM):negative_squared_cross_mark:
  • OpenWeb.Community movement (conf, hackathon, platform, …) :white_check_mark:
    • Potential collab with Dystopia Labs for the online conf part :white_check_mark:
    • Setting the vision and plan for the whole movement around Open Web Community :white_check_mark:
  • Community Squad weekly sync (Guilds relaunch and hackathon in Apr as main themes) :white_check_mark:
  • Continuing partnership convos with SeedClub :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
  • If timing is right … helping with AngelDAO Venture Grants proposal (postponed and proposed to organise a group pitch event) :negative_squared_cross_mark:

Progress from last week:

  • presented results of Sputnik DAO activation during ETHDenver Retrospective
  • wrote a blurb for a blog post about Sputnik DAO “crashed into a metaverse” campaign
  • decided to wait for v2 before launching Open Sourcery DAO(s)
  • met with Dorian to share my perspective on what DevRel team needs to know
  • scheduled weekly meetings with leaders of marketing team
  • answered questions re: Open Reforestation Project on NEAR
  • hosted an event on Clubhouse about DAO interoperability and v2 of Sputnik DAO

Priorities for this week:

  • prepare to meet with Berry Pickers and DevRel team on Friday to discuss Open Sourcery
  • collaborate on the planning document for Guildathon (working title)
  • coordinate analytics guild project with Tiffany ~ weekly reports and summaries
  • communicate with NF marketing team and OWC to explore ideas of Open Web Labs
  • ZKV Privacy Roundtable

Progress from last week:

  • Guild onboarding+transition-ongoing
  • Guild strategy and sprint- ongoing
  • Hiring & review- ongoing
  • Techstars- Done
  • NEAR PH meeting- Done
  • NEAR Turkey core team meeting-Done
  • What can I do for NEAR sprint-Not done! Need moaar time.
  • Guild rewards and points system with Eunice- Done
  • 4NTS bi-weekly- Done
  • Usability guild meeting- done

This week:

  • Hiring
  • Reprioritizing everything! Thanks to Eisenhower!
  • Community council meeting and review
  • Community hackathon with Sherif
  • What are guilds video
  • Sync with Cameron about guilds
  • Pre-hackathon plan- sputnik v2
  • Plan out guild relaunch activities
  • Community Fellows and RFG with Mally/Laura
  • We are open - process management and transparency stuff

TL;DR of this is that we should always be running hackathons :wink: ? haha


Hello everyone, Chloe here. Just giving a public forum hello and update that I’ve joined the community squad “this week”.

Looking forward to taking on more tasks as I get more involved supporting the NEAR community ecosystem.