Community Squad Update Thread
@shreyas @jlwaugh @nima @chloe @starpause
Priorities (Update every Monday)
Progress and blockers (Update every Thursday)
Community Squad’s Effort Last Week:
- Ecosystem partnership efforts with TokenAngels, MintGate, Abridged, KeyKo
- FoFs preso and plans for NFC
- Partnership with SeedClub
- Guild point system review
- Community council meeting and review
- Community Sync with teams on Hackathon arrangement
Global Community Updates:
Discord total members: 9217→ 9217 (+22)
Telegram total members: 8483 → 8628 (+145)
Active guild: 32
I think we should add Chloe (and Jordan) too
Great to be adding to this weekly priorities thread for the first time!
This week I will be focusing on the upcoming Open Web Community Event in April; talking with @shreyas and @amgando Tuesday to go over more details. (NFT track specifically)
Also, wIth regards to “Open Sorcery” (Devrel Guild - Open Sourcery ✨), I plan to work through the NEAR Certified Devs program (NEAR Certified Developer --- Overview - HackMD) to see how that can link with ensuring there are enough well-trained devs within the community to fill the guild. (seems to be a contentious topic?)
Working with Somnium space on their upcoming guild and how it can coordinate with some of the guilds that already have a community within the NEAR ecosystem (Createabse Guild / Music Guild).
Is there a plan to keep NEAR’s Reddit community page updated? It would help to have events, and announcements posted on there regularly.
Hi @mngigi, we’d love to revive and update Reddit more frequently. But we’re looking for some help on that front. If you’re familiar with Reddit and can help out, or know people that can, please reach out and connect with @3UN1C3
Hello hello NEARverse citizens!
This week my primary focus is coordinating strategy, team and plans for our upcoming huuuuge Open Web Community //Con //Hack //Movement … (planned for late Apr). You can check out our collab proposal with Dystopia Labs on #community:community-fund
In addition to that also:
- Hiring and onboarding a senior Technical PM (Program Manager)
- Posting JDs and interviews for 3-4 additional roles (community managers, technical devrel for community/hackathons, head of hackathons, community ops, guild manager, …)
- Discussions and workshops with a potential lead for Community Head of Ops
- Team sync and org-wide sync
- Reviewing our progress towards Q1 OKRs and Q2 planning, budgeting, OKRs, …
Thanks for the update James.
Look forward to the next stages of work (and in particular the answers to our governance questions!)
Hi James! I wanna know a little bit more about the Analytics Guild, cause i also have some community data that can contribute to this