[CLOSED] Onboarding with a Diverse Community - BlackBird Social

Greetings!
I am working with a few DAOs on some amazing and innovative NFT projects on the NEAR platform. I believe NEAR to be an amazing tool and am excited and working hard to integrate my projects and my community’s projects onto web3. We have an exciting opportunity with an event we are hosting this month.

The BlackBird June Social event will be hosting a workshop about NFT Education and Crypto Literacy focusing on Diversity and Social Impact integration onto web3. As well as introducing The Blackbird NFT project to bring web3 education to a diverse community to facilitate use and interaction with web3 and the NEAR platform.
As an organizer of this event, I see it as an excellent opportunity for onboarding from a diverse local community and promoting NEAR as the platform for their web3 projects.

GOAL: onboard 30 to 50 people from this event and community.

BUDGET: $500 usd in USN
Breakdown:
$150 space rental
$150 lecture and workshop
$50 for NEAR drop links
$150 performance artist

Good evening, could you please fill out the form

And share information about your community’s social media accounts?

Thank you very much :wink:

Hi.
Here is the form filled out:

Here are some social media accounts from our organizers and community:
https://www.instagram.com/ancestralalchemyacademy/?hl=en

new users can only put 2 links per post, so I will add more social media links in the following posts*

More social media links from our organizers and community

https://www.instagram.com/510artistshowcase/?hl=en

ok so I am new to submitting proposals and answering questions to proposals.
Thanks for your patience as I learn the best way to answer the questions. The format doesn’t seem to want me to post html links anymore, so here are the Instagram handles for the organizers and our communities:
ancestralalchemyacademy
auspiciousacoustics
510artistshowcase
indigo_clan_comic
mx.tsetmefree
adorableearthangel

Please let me know if this format works, and any feedback is greatly appreciated to make my proposals easy to work with.

Thanks

1 Like

Apparently my previous posts were hidden.
Here is the form again:

Ry-el,
Can you provide some details about your event? What is the address of the venue?

How do you plan to get 30 to 50 people to show up to the event?

The purpose of the google sheet that was sent over to you was to get a better understanding of the venue.

Please add more details about the nature of event. Is this a lecture, party, or a show?

1 Like

Hi Klint.
The event is a Social Gathering component of a Spiritual Community called BlackBird that happens after our Blackbird main events. This June gathering will be hosted at a large residential house, so the address is private.

The Blackbird community numbers about 100 to 150 people. We recently had 2 other different types of events that had 40 people attending, and this event is a follow-up social gathering associated with these 2 most recent events. We anticipate up to 80 people in attendance, with a minimum of 30 people. This community is in constant communication through a Signal app thread, so it is easy for us to gage the number of attendees.

The venue is a large house belonging to one of our community members, who has opened up a portion of her house for gatherings, events, and parties. She also has a large private outdoor area for gathering. The capacity of the space is 100 people.

The event is what we are calling a Social Gathering. It will be “members” of our Blackbird community and their friends and family, coming together to talk about our recent events, network with each other, socialize, share food, play music and relax. The gathering will also host a scheduled Sound Healing ‘music performance’, as well as a lecture/workshop about NFT Education and Crypto Literacy focusing on Diversity and Social Impact integration onto web3. (so it is a lecture, a party, and a show)

This event will be an excellent opportunity to onboard our members onto NEAR, as well as to highlight NEAR as a sponsor, and as the host platform for our community’s NFT and other Web3 projects. The focus on NEAR as our Web3 platform and on-boarding our members will also highlight NEAR as the ideal platform for individual Web3 projects.

Good evening, I can’t support your proposal, because important information is missed (information about organizers).

It’s a no from me. Thank you for the clarifications but I cannot support this project at this time.

1 Like

Hi @ry-el thanks for the proposal. I see you’re out in the Bay Area. Used to live there!

Checking out your past events and what I know of the area arts scene, I don’t doubt your ability to gather a crowd or do something creative. But since you’re a new poster on the forum and the past events aren’t related to Web3 or NEAR specifically, I can’t support the proposal at this time or in this form.

I would recommend participating in the community for a bit, incorporating a Web3 element into a future event and coming back and sharing the results of that experiment with the community here in the future.

Also, just be aware of timing as well – it can take up to 4 weeks from time of proposal to receipt of funding for approved proposals based on our need to ask questions, get feedback, vote on approved Astro polls and the KYC process after that. I see your event is on June 19th, so it wouldn’t be a fit for funding due to that as well.

Ok thanks for letting me know the reason, as I am still learning about the best ways to submit the proposals. I understand now that you wanted the names of the people, not the name of the subject offered.
My feedback is that the form was a little confusing and not clear on exactly what information was needed or was asked for.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Ok thanks for letting me know. Any feedback is appreciated as I am still learning the protocols and the best way to submit proposals.
Do you have any feedback?

Ok great thanks for the feedback, and for seeing the potential for what I am working on.
The idea is that people in my community are using Web3, and others want to, and my intention is to direct that use and interaction towards the NEAR platform.

Sponsorship from NEAR is an easy way to show that NEAR is an ideal platform. Unfortunately NEAR creatives stopped funding proposals just as we submitted ours, which was also aimed at on-boarding as well as incorporating NEAR into our current development of Web3 projects.

Thanks again for all of your feedback. It is very helpful as I have a lot to learn about your process.