[Approved] Education + Onboarding Workshop for Creative Womxn Entrepreneurs & Marketers

Proposal

Hi everyone, I’m Lorraine, member of the Marketing DAO council, writer for NEARWeek, marketing strategist, podcast host, thought leadership content producer for Web3 founders and long-time advocate for womxn entrepreneurs working at the intersection of fashion, entrepreneurship, sustainability + tech through the Spirit of 608.

I’m writing to request funding to introduce the NEAR ecosystem to my region during an upcoming conference and onboard members of our thriving community of creative womxn entrepreneurs into the NEAR ecosystem.

In addition to introducing conference attendees to NEAR and providing education about opportunities available for creative service providers and marketers, this proposal is intended as a first-step in introducing bounties to marketers to help further connect NEAR community projects with providers who can support their marketing needs.

I’m a member of the Marketing DAO, so I will recuse myself from voting on this proposal. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your consideration!

Funding scheme: one-time

Initiative summary

This funding request is to support education and onboarding for womxn creative entrepreneurs, introduce marketing bounties to attendees and raise awareness of NEAR during the first annual Boss Babes Charlottesville Conference in Charlottesville, VA, USA on June 11, 2022 at the Code Building, a Virginia hub for technology, entrepreneurship and innovation.

Anticipated attendance: approximately 225 attendees are anticipated for this ticketed event.

Conference schedule:

8:30-8:55 Coffee Hour n/a
9:00-10:15 Opening Solo Speaker TBD
10:20-11:20 Business Panel Q&A TBD
11:20-12:30pm Lunch n/a
12:45-2:00pm Solo Speaker - Storytelling TBD
2:15-3:15pm Solo Speaker - Crypto/Web3 Lorraine
3:20-4:20pm Mission/Values Panel Q&A TBD
4:30-5:30 Keynote Speaker TBD

About the BBCville organization

• We are located in the hometown of the University of Virginia (about 2 hours from Washington, DC), well-known regionally for its mixture of entrepreneurs, artists and advocates for sustainability and innovation. This is a community that is particularly aligned with the ethos of the NEAR and its approach to Web3, enjoys an active tech and entrepreneurial community, but has little-to-no exposure to its programs and opportunities thus far.
  • The BBC group is a thriving Virginia hub for women in business who are seeking resources, support and collaborative opportunities.
  • Established in 2017, Boss Babes Charlottesville is an active networking community group of 1.5K local members (unrelated to the popular NFT PFP project of the same name, the group name stems from a national organization that established local chapters but has since largely dissolved).
  • Members represent a wide range of businesses and industries, but creative entrepreneurship and financial independence are cornerstones of the group’s ongoing conversations, programming and events.
  • A significant proportion of the members are womxn offering creative and marketing services, including design, social media, content production and project management for those categories.

Funding Outline (2 parts)

1. Web3 Workshop for Creative Entrepreneurs

Selected as one of four main single speaker sessions during the conference, this workshop session will be led by me and will:

• Introduce attendees to Web3 through an introduction to NEAR
  • Assist them with opening a wallet
  • Educate attendees about opportunities for womxn business owners in the NEAR ecosystem with a focus on creative and marketing service providers
  • Deliver Digital Guide to Creative Entrepreneurship on NEAR for use during and after conference
  • Make this guide available to the NEAR community after the conference
  • Marketing workshop and guide on social media including (but not limited to the following channels): Spirit of 608 Instagram, Spirit of 608 Twitter, Lorraine Twitter, Lorraine Medium, BossBabes Instagram, BossBabes Facebook (Combined minimum reach: 20K followers/members).
  • Provide a randomized, surprise airdrop via NEARDrop to session attendees who open wallets.
  • Introduce 3 bounties and application instructions [Funding for bounties to be requested in a separate proposal to allow for bounty requests/input from NEAR community projects who need professional marketing services to scale and grow]

Requested funding:

• Workshop planning, production & delivery: $1,000
  • Guide creation, production & design: $500
  • Social media & marketing promotion for workshop & guide: $250
  • Airdrop: 25 NEAR

Subtotal: $1,750 + 25 NEAR

2. Conference Presence

Held at local entrepreneurship and tech hub The Code Building, the conference will take place on Saturday, June 11th from 9 am to 5:30 pm (with coffee and happy hour before and after, at around 8:30 am and 5:45 pm, respectively). NEAR will be the only Web3 ecosystem with a presence at this conference.

Funding is requested to support the conference and introduce NEAR to our local community of womxn entrepreneurs for the purposes of onboarding them and educating them about opportunities in the ecosystem:

Requested funding:

• Venue: The venue rental for the event is $1,200. We are requesting to support 50% of the venue cost: $600.
  • Beverage sponsorship w/ branded NEAR presence: We are requesting funds to contribute to the overall costs of event beverages during the pre-conference session in the morning and the post-event Happy Hour. $1,125 (225 @$5).
  • NEAR swag & signage: $500 (postcards, banner)
  • Proposal and conference admin and production (meeting/collaborating with event organizers and venue representatives, on-site day-off coordination, Airdrop management, on-site day-off ambassadorship of NEAR): $750

Subtotal: $2,975

Total for Proposal: $4,725 + 25N

Expected impact and value you foresee for the NEAR ecosystem/community:

Diversity is crucial to the growth of any ecosystem, and NEAR is no different. Educating more womxn entrepreneurs from creative fields is important for the future of the ecosystem and will allow for the inflow of more diverse service providers navigating the community and providing solutions to the many projects growing on NEAR. In addition to this event’s focus on womxn entrepreneurs and increasing diversity, this initiative is intended to raise awareness around the opportunities available in the NEAR ecosystem and experiment with another test case to onboard new creative service providers and marketers into the ecosystem and help them connect with projects that can benefit from their professional services in the future.

Metrics for measuring success:

• Session attendees
  • Wallets opened
  • Matching ~3 creative entrepreneurs with NEAR Community marketing bounties funded by Marketing DAO
  • Social media reach May 16-June 16, 2022

Estimated timeline and achievement milestones:

• Social media launch: May 16, 2022
  • Event date: June 11, 2022
  • Onboarding 50+ attendees into newly opened wallets
  • ~3 creative entrepreneurs matched with marketing bounties

Links to similar, previously funded forum proposals (if applicable): This is my first proposal. I have received funding as part of the Gen C Bounty.

Total requested amount in USD and NEAR (price based at the time of posting): $4,725 + 25N

NEAR Wallet ID / DAO: so608.near

Wallet owner’s name: Lorraine Sanders

4 Likes

Happy to support. Thank You for your incredible work.

Great first time proposal. Also happy to support

Good morning, your proposal was Approved on the forum. Please, follow these steps to get approval on Astro DAO

Thank You.

2 Likes

Great initiative. Thorough outline and proposal with clear initiative.