[BOUNTY] Art competition. Designing alternative film poster art!

#Black Cat Cinema: Film poster artwork competition! The second round of our film poster artwork competition is here!

We’re putting out a call for visual artists to create alternative posters for classic films.

There are many, many beautiful, creative, and iconic film poster from through the ages. But they have all had one final purpose: Selling cinema tickets. In this competition we would like to free artists from the need to sell tickets, and let you focus on simply creating art. So, take the poster format and let your imagination run riot!

Guidelines

• Must include at least the film title and the name of the director in the image.

• Be in standard theatrical poster dimensions:27x40inches/686x1016mm.

• Can be in colour, monochrome, simple or complex. You decide!

• There’s no restriction on which films can be used, but choosing a very obscure film might make the poster difficult for many people to relate to.

• The original piece can be created digitally or manually. But the final submission needs to be digitized at 300dpi.

• One entry per person.

• Please don’t re-use other artists’ work.

• Points for originality.

How it works

• Submit your art in this post with your NEAR name and a two-line intro to yourself and the poster. To help with page loading times, it might make sense to post a smaller version here in the post, and email the full-size version to info@theblackcatcinema.com
  • After the deadline, we’ll close the bounty and decide on three winning entries.
  • All three will be displayed on the Black Cat Cinema website, Instagram, and in a blog post. Posts will include an intro to the artist and links to your online channels.
  • All three will be minted into NFTs. One of which will be donated to the Muti Collective Mintbase store, and the remaining two into the upcoming Black Cat Mintbase store.

Bounty

• 1st place: $75 in NEAR. First position on Instagram carousel, website, and blog. Revenue from NFT sale split 25% for BCC DAO and 75% for the artist.
  • 2nd place: $45 in NEAR. 2nd position on Instagram carousel, website, and blog. Revenue from NFT sale split 25% for BCC DAO and 75% for the artist.
  • 3rd place: $30 in NEAR. 3rd position on Instagram carousel, website, and blog. Revenue from NFT sale split 25% for BCC DAO and 75% for the artist.

When is it happening?

• Starting on 30th June
  • Deadline on 6th July
  • Winners announced on our social media, here on the forum, and on our website.

Here is some inspiration from the incredible Polish Film Poster archive: https://polishposter.com/

Now that we’re entering the second round of the competition, we should soon have enough pieces to show them physically at an exhibition at our film shows!

Please note, that the artwork entered may be displayed physically and digitally where we choose. Always, of course, referencing the artist :slight_smile:

Any questions, just shoot over an email or a message here on the forum.

Can’t wait to see the entries!!

Funding from Black Cat Cinema DAO

@theblackcatcinema

@muti.collective

19 Likes

@raquelareia @ted.iv @arroz-criativo @mayamor @TJ89 @Albhion @roadworks

3 Likes

@igormoura @tauina olha aquiiiiii :star_struck:

3 Likes

Sounds awesome, the first round was so good - great to see another instalment.

2 Likes

There aren’t enough English words to describe how much I love this bounty, Mr. @Dan_E.

4 Likes

Amazing @Dan_E!

Sharing with all Arroz Estúdios visual artists :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I love this! Great idea @Dan_E

2 Likes

This is great! Is it possible to enter with a collage of an original film poster? (or does this count as original work?)

2 Likes

I was waiting for this next round since the end of the first one =)

Here’s my entry, from one of my favorite movies, Festen (also known as The Celebration).

This 1998 Danish drama film, written & directed by Thomas Vinterberg is the genesis — and, IMO, the best movie — of Dogme 95, a radical, provocative and important filmmaking movement.

Sent the full-size by email

Near wallet: bagadefente.near

6 Likes

Hello fam, I am cjaneartz, an amateur digital and traditional artist from Philippines. Art is my stress reliever and now it’s providing us our needs.
My entry is a poster of “MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS”.
“Meet Me in St. Louis” is a classic MGM romantic musical comedy that focuses on four sisters (one of whom is the nonpareil Judy Garland) on the cusp of the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair. The film spotlights the sisters’ education in the ways of the world, which includes, but isn’t limited to, learning about life and love, courtesy of the prototypical boy next door. In the end, love – accompanied by song, dance and period costumes, all in glorious Technicolor – conquers all.
Thank you for this bounty and good luck everyone.

8 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Swilart in the art community. I’ve been working with digital arts for almost two years.

Princess Mononoke (Mononoke-hime) is an Anime film made by Japanese director Hayao Miyazaki in 1997. It is a masterpiece of film-making and is one of the very last major animated movies made by hand-drawn cel animation.
This 1997 anime film is a timeless classic based on the plot line and the many undercurrents that reach a much higher meaning.

[I’ve already emailed the full-sized version]

Near id: swilart2.near

20 Likes

Greetings, I am Pusart, a digital artist and also a student. I am 16 years old and am currently looking for a school for grades 11–12. I’ve been doing digital art for three years and am almost three months into the program-paras.

Anne with an E (initially titled Anne for its first season within Canada) is a Canadian television series loosely adapted from Lucy Maud Montgomery’s 1908 classic work of children’s literature, Anne of Green Gables. It was created by Moira Walley-Beckett for CBC and stars Amybeth McNulty as orphan Anne Shirley, Geraldine James as Marilla Cuthbert, R. H. Thomson as Matthew Cuthbert, Dalila Bela as Diana Barry and Lucas Jade Zumann as Gilbert Blythe.

The show debuted on CBC on March 19, 2017, and on Netflix in other countries on May 12. In August 2017 and August 2018, it received renewals for a second and third season, respectively. 2019 saw the premiere of the third season, and soon after that, CBC and Netflix made the cancellation announcement.Positive reviews were given to Anne with an E, which won the Best Dramatic Series Canadian Screen Award in 2017 and 2018 as well. The show addresses a variety of topics, including child abandonment, psychological trauma, conformity, gender inequality, racism, homophobia, bullying, and free speech.

NEAR WALLET: pusart.near

14 Likes

Movie title: Shrek
Shrek is a computer-animated comedy film loosely based on the 1990 fairy tale picture book of the same name by William Steig.
My name is Elias, i’m a graphics designer from Nigeria.

6 Likes

Hey, there! Salve!

I’m Aandz from Brazil.

A Quiet Place is a 2018 American post-apocalyptic horror film directed by John Krasinski. The plot revolves around a father (Krasinski) and a mother (Emily Blunt) who struggle to survive and rear their children (Millicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe) in a post-apocalyptic world inhabited by blind monsters with an acute sense of hearing.

That’s my poster idea, with minimal aesthetic and a radio in the middle, as a reference from movie concept. The radio is a 1940 Phillips wich is public domain at Rijksmuseum.

Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks,

aandz.

near wallet: aandz.near

6 Likes

Greetings, I am Louietism a digital artist that focuses on Character Design most my work and doing as NFT Artist on Near Protocol Blockchain. I am 19 years old studying at university as freshman. I’ve been doing digital art for Five years doing my art journey and 6 Months here in The near Protocol community.

Up is a 2009 American 3-D computer-animated comedy-drama adventure film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and directed by Pete Docter. It is the tenth animated feature film produced by Pixar.

The film centers on an elderly widower named Carl Fredricksen (voiced by Edward Asner) and an earnest young Wilderness Explorer named Russell (Jordan Nagai). By tying thousands of balloons to his home, 78-year-old Carl sets out to fulfill his lifelong dream to see the wilds of South America and to complete a promise made to his childhood sweetheart and beloved wife, Ellie. The film was co-directed by Bob Peterson, with music composed by Michael Giacchino. It was the second film, after Finding Nemo, to be released in May.

Near Id: louietism.near

14 Likes

Hello, I’m yona a digital Artist here in Philippines. I am 19 years old and been doing art for almost a year now. And been 6 months here at near community.

Kakegurui – Compulsive Gambler[Jp. 1] is a Japanese manga series written by Homura Kawamoto and illustrated by Tōru Naomura. It began serialization in Square Enix’s Gangan Joker in March 2014, with its chapters additionally collected into fourteen tankōbon volumes as of February 2021. In North America, the manga has been licensed for English-language release by Yen Press. The series has also inspired numerous spin-off manga, including a prequel titled Kakegurui Twin.

Near Wallet ID: yonakawaii.near

9 Likes

Hello fam, I am pemmiee, a digital artist from Philippines. Art helps me a lot with my self including financial but mostly in my mental health. I just draw what ever my heart tells me to and that is when I am forgetting my problems.

Enola Holmes is a 2020 mystery film based on the first book in the young adult fiction series of the same name, The Case of the Missing Marquess by Nancy Springer. The story is about the teenage sister of the already-famous Sherlock Holmes, who travels to London to find her missing mother but ends up on a thrilling adventure, pairing up with a runaway lord as they attempt to solve a mystery that threatens the entire country. The film is directed by Harry Bradbeer.

Artist’s ID: pemmiee.near

6 Likes

Hello there, I am Stunter, I am an artist from Turkey. Participating such contents as this not only makes me feel excited but also deprives me of me thinking about bad stuff.

On the last night of their idyllic Greek vacation, longtime lovers Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy) reminisce about their lives together and what different choices might have brought.

4 Likes

GODZILLA

Godzilla is a 2014 American monster film directed by Gareth Edwards. It is a reboot of Toho’s Godzilla franchise and is the 30th film in the Godzilla franchise. It is also the first film in Legendary’s MonsterVerse, and the second Godzilla film to be completely produced by a Hollywood studio.

The film stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, Sally
Hawkins, David Strathairn, and Bryan Cranston. In the film, a soldier attempts to return to his family while caught in the crossfire of an ancient rivalry between Godzilla and two parasitic monsters known as MUTOs

My NEAR NAME ID : jrbemint.near
I am a filipino digital artist for almost 3years since Pandemic
and a father for my 2 sons.
I am from Philippines i pick this title Godzilla bec. I have a good vibes and strong feeling that this Monsterous entry of mine will be an epic one.

8 Likes

Let’s play what movie is this? :star_struck: Ahahahah :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:heart:
L.
luluca_l.near

3 Likes