[BOUNTY] Art competition. Designing alternative film poster art! 3rd and final round

Black Cat Cinema: Film poster artwork competition!

The final round of our film poster artwork competition is here!

We’ve had two very successful rounds so far, with the last receiving over 20 entries.

We’re putting out a call for visual artists to create alternative posters for classic films.

There are many, many beautiful, creative, and iconic film posters from through the ages. But they have all had one final purpose: Selling cinema tickets. In this competition, we would like to free artists from the need to sell tickets and let you focus on simply creating art. So, take the poster format and let your imagination run riot!

Guidelines

*Want inspiration? Visit polishposter.com :slight_smile: Or check out our blog post here.

• Must include at least the film title and the name of the director in the image.
  • Be in standard theatrical poster dimensions:27x40inches/686x1016mm.
  • Can be in colour, monochrome, simple or complex. You decide!
  • There’s no restriction on which films can be used, but choosing a very obscure film might make the poster difficult for many people to relate to.
  • The original piece can be created digitally or manually. But the final submission needs to be digitized at 300dpi.
  • One entry per person.
  • Please don’t re-use other artists’ work.
  • Points for originality.

How it works

• Submit your art in this post with your NEAR name and a two-line intro to yourself and the poster. To help with page loading times, it might make sense to post a smaller version here in the post, and email the full-size version to info@theblackcatcinema.com
  • After the deadline, we’ll close the bounty and decide on three winning entries.
  • All three will be displayed on the Black Cat Cinema website, Instagram, and in a blog post. Posts will include an intro to the artist and links to your online channels.
  • All three will be minted into NFTs. One of which will be donated to the Muti Collective Mintbase store, and the remaining two into the Black Cat Mintbase store.

Bounty

• 1st place: $75 in NEAR. First position on Instagram carousel, website, and blog. Revenue from NFT sale split 25% for BCC DAO and 75% for the artist.
  • 2nd place: $45 in NEAR. 2nd position on Instagram carousel, website, and blog. Revenue from NFT sale split 25% for BCC DAO and 75% for the artist.
  • 3rd place: $30 in NEAR. 3rd position on Instagram carousel, website, and blog. Revenue from NFT sale split 25% for BCC DAO and 75% for the artist.

When is it happening?

• Starting on 5th August
  • Deadline on 15th August
  • Winners are announced on our social media, here on the forum, and on our website.

Here is some inspiration from the incredible Polish Film Poster archive: https://polishposter.com/

We are also applying to NEAR for a little budget to print and display the three winning entries from the three rounds physically at the cinema shows!

Please note, that the artwork entered may be displayed physically and digitally where we choose. Always, of course, referencing the artist :slight_smile:

Any questions, just shoot over an email or a message here on the forum.

Can’t wait to see the entries!!

Funding from Black Cat Cinema DAO

10 Likes

@raquelareia @ted.iv @arroz-criativo @Albhion @roadworks @bagadefente @aandz @louietism @agnesba @Underdog

5 Likes

@whatshertoes @nararosetto @tabear

2 Likes

Wuhuuu nice, Looking forward to all the entries! :partying_face:
& thank you for the donation!

5 Likes

Greetings, I am Louietism a digital artist that focuses on Character Design most my work and doing as NFT Artist on Near Protocol Blockchain. I am 19 years old studying at university as freshman. I’ve been doing digital art for Five years doing my art journey and 6 Months here in The near Protocol community. Glad and honored as one of the winners in the last bounty film poster art and this is my entry for this bounty.

WALL-E (stylized with an interpunct as WALL·E) is a 2008 American computer-animated science fiction film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It was directed and co-written by Andrew Stanton, produced by Jim Morris, and co-written by Jim Reardon. It stars the voices of Ben Burtt, Elissa Knight, Jeff Garlin, John Ratzenberger, Kathy Najimy, with Sigourney Weaver and Fred Willard. The overall ninth feature film produced by the studio, WALL-E follows a solitary robot on a future, uninhabitable, deserted Earth in 2805, left to clean up garbage. However, he is visited by a probe sent by the starship Axiom, a robot called EVE, with whom he falls in love and pursues across the galaxy.

After directing Finding Nemo, Stanton felt Pixar had created believable simulations of underwater physics and was willing to direct a film set largely in space. WALL-E has minimal dialogue in its early sequences; many of the characters do not have voices, but instead communicate with body language and robotic sounds designed by Burtt. The film incorporates various topics including consumerism, corporatocracy, nostalgia, waste management, human environmental impact and concerns, obesity/sedentary lifestyles, and global catastrophic risk. It is also Pixar’s first animated film with segments featuring live-action characters. Following Pixar tradition, WALL-E was paired with a short film titled Presto for its theatrical release.

Near Id Wallet: louietism.near

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/black-cat-cinema.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/black-cat-cinema.sputnik-dao.near-50

5 Likes

This is beautiful, thanks for the opportunity

1 Like

I’m a Creative Designer who believe in Creativity and simplicity.
Batman is one of my favorite movies because it storyline is touching, he’s rich and doesn’t just useless his money, instead he uses it to equip himself and help the city. Most people say his superpower is having money​:joy:

pallojnr.near

1 Like

Hi, I’m @yonakawaii a digital artist from the country of Philippines. Almost 7month on near community.

I choose Star Wars
Star Wars is an American epic space-opera multimedia franchise created by George Lucas, which began with the eponymous 1977 film and quickly became a worldwide pop-culture phenomenon.

yonakawaii.near

2 Likes

Hello fam, I am pemmiee a digital artist from Philippines. I’m 20 years old and started doing NFT’s on December 2021. Thankyou for this opportunity this is my second time of joining this fun bounty.

Orphan is a 2009 psychological horror film directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and written by David Leslie Johnson from a story by Alex Mace.
The plot centers on a couple who, after the death of their unborn child, adopt a nine-year-old girl from an orphanage who begins to show signs of violent and disturbing behavior, alarming the family’s matriarch.

Hi everyone im eyesore
19 years old, im starting making nft this year july and until now, im so happy to make film poster to your bounty, i hope you love my artwork

Development for Ratatouille began in 2000 when Pinkava wrote the original concepts of the film. In 2005, following Pinkava’s departure from Pixar, Bird was approached to direct the film and revise the story. Bird and some of the film’s crew members also visited Paris for inspiration. To create the food animation used in the film, the crew consulted chefs from both France and the United States. Lewis interned at Thomas Keller’s The French Laundry restaurant, where Keller developed the confit byaldi, a dish used in the film. Michael Giacchino composed the Paris-inspired music for the film.

Ratatouille premiered on June 22, 2007, at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, California, with its general release on June 29, in the United States. The film grossed $623.7 million, finishing its theatrical run as the sixth highest-grossing film of 2007 and the year’s second highest-grossing animated film (behind Shrek the Third) and received widespread critical acclaim for its screenplay, animation, humor, voice acting, and Michael Giacchino’s score. It also won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature and was nominated for several more, including Best Original Screenplay. Ratatouille was later voted one of the 100 greatest motion pictures of the 21st century by a 2016 poll of international critics conducted by the BBC.

1 Like

Hello everybody,
My name is Elias, I’m a graphics designer and illustrator, from Nigeria. I’ve been doing illustrations for three years now.
Near ID: eliaszinas.near
Here’s my submission:

The Martian is a 2015 science fiction film directed by Ridley Scott and starring Matt Damon. Drew Goddard adapted the screenplay from the 2011 novel The Martian by Andy Weir. The film depicts an astronaut’s lone struggle to survive on Mars after being left behind and the efforts of NASA to rescue him and bring him home to Earth.

Hello, my name is cengaver. im making nft and illustrations.
cengaver.near

Here’s my submission:
The Godfather
At the wedding of Don Corleone’s daughter Connie, Michael, the youngest son in the family and a war veteran, reconciles with his father. Michael and his older brother Sonny take over the family when an assassination attempt puts Don in a position to run things no longer.

Hello everyone I’m JamilaArts a digital artist, I’ve been a digital artist since 2019 and so far so good, this is my hobby and this is where i showcase my creativity, I’ve been on Near Protocol for about 2 months now because of the help of my friend, I digitally painted a cover photo of my Favorite movie Avatar, I really loved this movie because it is fantastic and the graphics were so lit, and of course the story is so amazing.

jamilaa.near

9 Likes

I would like to share the work flow of my art her thanks​:fire::wilted_flower:

6 Likes

Good Day I am Gen also known as genvergara/gvarts. I am a 23 years old digital artist based in the Philippines. I’ve been in a digital art community a year now and on my 3 months in Near Protocol.

The Twilight Saga is a series of five vampire-themed romance fantasy films] from Summit Entertainment based on the four novels published by author Stephenie Meyer. The series has grossed over $3.4 billion worldwide. The first installment, Twilight, was released on November 21, 2008. The second installment, New Moon, followed on November 20, 2009, breaking box office records as the biggest midnight screening and opening day in history, grossing an estimated $72.7 million. The third installment, Eclipse, was released on June 30, 2010, and was the first of the series to be released in IMAX.

Directed by

[Catherine Hardwicke] (1)
[Chris Weitz] (2)
[David Slade] (3)
[Bill Condon] (4-5)

Starring

[Kristen Stewart]
[Robert Pattinson]
[Taylor Lautner]

(And many more legendary actors and actresses)

genvergara.near

2 Likes

It has been almost ten years since Tarzan, whose real name is John Clayton III, and his wife Jane moved from Africa to live in Victorian England. As a cunning representative for King Leopold named Leon Rom creates a plan to entice the couple to the Congo, danger looms on the horizon. Rom intends to kidnap Tarzan and hand him over to a previous foe in exchange for jewels. When Jane is used as a pawn in his cunning scheme, Tarzan is forced to go back to the jungle in order to save the person he loves.

Hello everyone, this Cedieeearts a digital Artist, my art’s mainly focuses on hyperrealism,vexel art, vector art and concept arts, my entry is from the Movie , " The Legend of Tarzan"

cedieee.near

8 Likes

Hi everyone, I am ZavierArts or you can call me Zav. I am a traditional and digital artist, and been doing nft a month ago.

THE BAD GUYS

This is my entry for this bounty:

(HERE’S A SYNOPSIS OF THE MOVIE)

In the new action comedy from DreamWorks Animation, based on the New York Times best-selling book series, a crackerjack criminal crew of animal outlaws are about to attempt their most challenging con yet—becoming model citizens.

Never have there been five friends as infamous as The Bad Guys—dashing pickpocket Mr. Wolf , seen-it-all safecracker Mr. Snake , chill master-of-disguise Mr. Shark , short-fused “muscle” Mr. Piranha and sharp-tongued expert hacker Ms. Tarantula , aka “Webs.”

But when, after years of countless heists and being the world’s most-wanted villains, the gang is finally caught, Mr. Wolf brokers a deal (that he has no intention of keeping) to save them all from prison: The Bad Guys will go good.

Under the tutelage of their mentor Professor Marmalade, an arrogant (but adorable!) guinea pig, The Bad Guys set out to fool the world that they’ve been transformed. Along the way, though, Mr. Wolf begins to suspect that doing good for real may give him what he’s always secretly longed for: acceptance. So when a new villain threatens the city, can Mr. Wolf persuade the rest of the gang to become … The Good Guys?

zavierarts.near

2 Likes

Great to see so many entries again! Keep em coming crew!

2 Likes

A little before the time is over, here’s my entry for my favorite bounty!

I’m bagadefente, Brazilian poet, creative director and artist-etc. that was so into the movies that I graduated in a filmworks program 15 years ago. And a few years ago, running a movie club, I started to redesign film posters to advertising those film sessions.

3-Iron (originally, Bin-Jip, ou Casa Vazia, in Portuguese) is a 2004 South Korean film written, produced and directed by Kim Ki-duk. One thing that makes this film so interesting to me is the use of silence on it, as the main characters doesn’t need to talk to communicate their feelings, which makes me feel as watching something ethereal, almost phantasmagoric, but truly beautiful.

bagadefente.near

3 Likes

Hello, here is my entry. I’m cjaneartz a digital artist from the Philippines.

"Queen’s Gambit”

The Queen’s Gambit follows the life of an orphan chess prodigy, Elizabeth Harmon, during her quest to become an elite chess player while struggling with emotional problems, drugs and alcohol dependency. The title of the series refers to a chess opening of the same name. The story is set in the mid-1950s and 1960s.

cjaneartz.near

4 Likes