Section 1. Introduction
Our group was founded at the time of the first NDC election. We noticed the disproportionate amount of women running for office relative to the ecosystem women participation. By voicing our options in public channels we found ourselves united in similar thinking, and started a women in NDC telegram group; we invited a few women, and those women invited more and more women until we could see both the need and the impact we could make.
Women offer unique, collaborative, and vital perspectives to businesses they lead. The Harvard Business Review highlights, “firms with more women in senior positions are more profitable, more socially responsible, and provide safer, higher-quality customer experiences” (Research: Adding Women to the C-Suite Changes How Companies Think). Inspired by this insight, SHE IS NEAR, our new DAO, recognizes the perfect timing with the NDC v1 launch to integrate women’s leadership strengths into this new phase of self-governance on NEAR.
We aim to:
encourage professional growth and networking among women on NEAR and partnerships with Women in web3 organisations at large.
ensure a supportive and secure environment for women to express themselves and build freely.
function as a dynamic grassroots DAO to bolster women-led initiatives and give them professional training
Help to attract and grow women devs and builders to the Blockchain
Our Mission is to become a grassroots DAO to gather, support, fund, and amplify women led projects. NEAR has a very mixed reputation as a protocol for diverse voices, and women feel this acutely. Although women and men can, do and should work together women ex
So, we got to action:
- The first thing we decided as a group was our need to support and amplify the women running for the NDC;
- we created original aspirational graphics, shared them in our personal social media channels, and they in turn were picked up by the NDC Mods;
- we shared throughout the ecosystem. We had great feedback from women around the world that we had captured the vibe and feeling of being on chain.
Based on this we started to meet onchain, online, and in calls. The conversations were amazing, and the women who wanted to both support NEAR and each other was clear. We then decided to become a DAO:
We prepared our Charter and budget, then had our first meeting with HoM on the 20th of October 2023.
We voted for an interim council for 3 months to help support the infrastructure of the initiative as well as the needed brand and marketing
We chose to put in “sweat equity” our time and resources: we created a brand in a “Co-branding” innovative fashion, which was showcased at NEARCON.
We had a booth at NEARCON where we distributed 80 t-shirts and over a 100 stickers to eager men and women coming forward to know more about us. Link to activation here
Attended NDC Spaces- Women in Near - 142 people tuned and 808 views
Moving forward to are looking to impact NEAR in the following concrete ways that will align with both the NEAR goals and the NDC:
- Identify the best and the brightest
- Empower and train
- Create NEAR-centric education programs
- Support the best projects that leverage BOS
She Is Near will focus our efforts to create highly strategic partnerships that will support our members and impact NEAR. The critical missing link for women on the Blockchain is not having a powerful networking mechanism. Women In Web3 groups exist all over the world, acting as business development, education and developer recruitment.
We will be partnering with individual small groups to draw them to She Is Near, while also developing partnerships with major Layer 1 players to ensure a diverse set of people, projects and insights
Target platinum partners:
Section 2. Previous Funding
We got seed funding from MDAO in November: 4,500USD. Proposal here.
Section 3. DAO URLs
- DAO / Project Website: We don’t have a website yet, we are planning to build a portal on BOS.
- Social Media Distribution Channels:
- Our telegram group is down due to malicious attacks, we are currently working on getting access. We had about 40 Members.
A new group is created and available in the Private mode for Women in NEAR Telegram: Join Group Chat
- 42 applications to join our DAO via our onboarding form (link)
- Twitter https://twitter.com/sheisnear23 - 81 followers
- Near.Social She Is Near. A Collective Women's DAO (sheisneardao.near) | Near Social - 16 followers
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/shes-near-072651296/ - 20 followers
- Invitation form SHE IS NEAR invite.
- Our telegram group is down due to malicious attacks, we are currently working on getting access. We had about 40 Members.
Is Your DAO/Project Targeting a Specific Country?
No, we are an international group.
Which region will your DAO/ Project support?
We support all the regions since women live all over the world and are half of the world population. Currently we have core members representing LATAM, Africa, US (west coast and east coast), Turkey, Eastern Europe and UK.
Section 4. Applicant Information
- Name of Point of Contact: Lex
- Link to Governance Forum/near.social Profile Profile - lex - NEAR Forum Lex (clippy.near) | Near Social
- NEAR Wallet ID: clippy.near
- Wallet ID that will be receiving funds:
- Country of Residence: England
- Twitter: N/A Telegram: @lexblonde
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/lex-431933121/ 1
- Additional Relevant Links (add any other links to resources that highlight your work or involvement with NEAR ecosystem. This may include your portfolio, GitHub, etc.) www.nearstudio.co
Section 5. Team Members
Please provide information about Team Members. Information should include (name, roles, near.social profile handles)
- Blessed: Education Blessed (blessedchidi.near) | Near Social
- Dabbie: Social media & Community Management Just me Dabbie (dabbie3229.near) | Near Social
- Krik: Supervisor, Education
Krikkraktrak (krikkraktrak.near) | Near Social
- Johanga: Supervisor
johanga (johanga108.near) | Near Social
- Sarah: Partnership, Marketing, Writer and Producer
- Lex: Marketing, PoC Lex (clippy.near) | Near Social
- Sharufa: Partnership
Section 6. Experience
What related qualifications, experience, or track record does your team bring to this initiative?
Short Summary of Your Councils Professional Experience
Blessed: Council and marketing lead for C1 guild, Rising DAO. I served as the lead marketer for the NFT series"Artist from a new planet" and currently leading marketing for Hackbox Hackathon (WebFusion Lagos). I contributed to NDC MarCom with focus on election education and OG nomination. I’m passionate about sound communication and strategic Marketing which I believe influences the success or failure of every project. https://www.linkedin.com/in/blessed-ohadoma-42272923a/ 4
Dabbie: Council and Education Lead for Spirityut DAO founder reconciliation WG over 3years experience in teaching, a writer, completed the Near Technical Speaker program member of the Near research collective, contributor to Near Africa. https://www.linkedin.com/in/daberechi-emmanuela-619316236/ 2
Krik: With over 15 years of diverse experience in global companies and NGOs, including Project Management, Governance, HR, and PA. I am passionate about crypto, communities, and NFTs. I serve as a Community Manager to Mr. Brown, creating engaging content and inviting guests for Near at Night Spaces and Core Contributor to NFT WG.
Sarah Sarah Kornfeld - Founding member and Strategist, United States - RISING Partners | LinkedIn 3 Sarah is an innovation marketing executive with 20+ years in positioning and marketing internet, media and insights technology platforms. She has worked/at Netflix GoogleEarth, Sun, NearPod and over 15 startups with two acquisitions. She co-founded Rising DAO, a content innovation DAO that is currently in development for the RISING TREND TRACKER for cross-platform tracking of creative/entertainment projects onchain. She was communications lead for the GWG, and co-ran the AMA’s for the NDC. She has international training in public relations, producing and writing in New York, Silicon Valley and London. Her journalism on the Creative Economy can be read in the Los Angeles Review of Books. She has published two books in the United States and Europe. Sarah Kornfeld - Founding member and Strategist, United States - RISING Partners | LinkedIn
I am the co-founder and creative director of NEAR studio, a creative agency exclusive for the NEAR ecosystem. Just before that I was a NEAR Foundation full time employee as senior graphic designer for a year before spinning out with NEAR studio. I am the founder of DeeDee a BOS first dApp project that just got a grant from MDAO. I was the creative for the NDC brand, a core contributor for the GWG in its first 5 months and an active contributor to the marketing team for 3 months after that. I have a BA in marketing and I have worked in advertising agencies for clients such as Adidas, Nike, Uber, Deliveroo, and Samsung. I have worked in Fintech and Edtech as an UX product designer, and design manager. All together, I have 13 years of experience in marketing, design and communications. Links: www.nearstudio.co www.heylex.uk DeeDee white paper
Section 7. DAO/Project Charter/White or Litepaper and Goals
Project Overview: Presentation with a short High-Level 6 bullet points summary
What Problem Are You Aiming to Solve?
The lack of gender diversity Ain the NEAR ecosystem, toxicity and unwelcoming culture that women on NEAR encounter… Though, big picture, attracting the best and brightest women devs, founders, marketers and investors to NEAR, and to amplify our work.
She is NEAR Mission
Our aim is to develop a comprehensive network with multi-platform partners, investors and projects that leverage the best of NEAR technology.
How can your DAO / Project achieve NDC priorities, goals, and KPIs?
She is NEAR Vision
She is NEAR DAO’s vision is aligned with NDC Core Values, as outlined by the CoA for NDC V1.
I. Empowering the Ecosystem (for the people, by the people)
- Attraction of Women in Web3 influencers from outside the ecosystem.
- Collaboration with famous women and media outlets.
- Support for existing ecosystem women.
- Implementation of NDC marketing strategy and content plan to She is NEAR marketing activities.
II. Respected by the Ecosystem (fair, accountable, transparent, and reliable)
- Comprehensive support for ecosystem women-lead projects in marketing and development, including consultations (mentorship).
- Weekly/monthly workshops with women-experts.
III. Dedicated to the Ideas of Decentralization (antifragile, scalable, with collective decision making).
Unification of She is NEAR activities for women in different routes, including consultations and strategy development/mentorship.
IV. Efficient Operation (don’t be a burden, instead help the community to be more efficient).
Goal: Fast and efficient payments and resolutions.
V. Continuous Improvement via Weekly Iterations (plan ahead, measure results, and adjust continuously)
- Accounts retention after 1/2/4/8 weeks — the percentage of accounts that continue interacting on-chain over a given time period (higher is better).
- Account acquisition cost — budget divided by the number of accounts interacting through the funded initiative (lower is better).
- Median number of dApps used by P95 accounts retained for 1+ week (higher is better).
- Number of accounts retained for 1+ week using at least 3 dApps (higher is better).
- Social engagement score — a compound metric of the number of posts, likes, and followers/views in social media produced by users.
CoA Priorities that She is NEAR is going to realize in our work:
P-1: Widening Adoption of NEAR
P-1.1: Outreach to New Audiences
Continuous engagement with diverse audiences serves as a cornerstone for attracting new community members and fostering innovative ideas.
By forming working groups creating their programs for education, partnership and onboarding we will achieve our goals. Each working group will set up their KPI’s and create detailed budgets to achieve those.
Roadmap of your DAO/project, Milestones, and achievements
- Promote awareness of the NEAR ecosystem and community, as well as the NDC, by collaborating with different Women in Web3 groups.
- Establish a strong presence within NEAR, providing a supportive, educational, and incubative environment for women in the ecosystem.
- Demonstrate measurable and objective KPIs to showcase the impact of women’s participation and contributions.
Section 8. Budget
For a full breakdown of the budget for the next three months, see link here.
3 months overview
|She is Near DAO||December 2023||January 2023||February 2023||% per month|
|Description||Amount USD||Amount USD||Amount USD||Amount USD|
|Social Media, Marketing & Communications||6000||4500||4500||5000|
|Partnerships and Media||11000||10000||10000||10333.33|
- Links to Similar Proposals from Near Foundation, existing GDAOs, Near ECO. MDAO October proposal
What is the length of Commitment to Delivering Your Project? Will your team be working on this project full time?
Our core team will work part- time. We have committed to 2 more months in our positions, and in January we will do an election for the next council and advisor members for the next 6 months.
Will your team be fully remunerated from this budget?
The council, consisting of 6 members, will receive monthly 7000 USD to divide among themselves, which is a symbolic amount because their efforts and value are higher than that.
Section 9. Project/DAO longevity
- Does your project/DAO require one-time or continuous funding?
- Will your DAO/Project device way of sustaining itself after this round of funding?
We need NDC’s support for starting up and working towards sustainability. We foresee the partnerships and media sponsors to add revenue to our DAO.
What are the possible roadblocks to the success of your project/DAO?
More hate attacks, intimidation of members, lack of security and protection, bullying that will disencourage women to be part of DAO. That is why is important to:
- Increase representation of women in the next NDC election by 5%
- Create a solid position inside NEAR of a supportive, educational, incubative space for building women led programs
- Increased industry and media awareness of NEAR as women friendly