[Approved] Merch for NFConference in April 2022 in Lisbon

please @marketingdao-council vote on this poll: https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-236

It was approved here

@Dacha @cryptocredit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to follow up on my previous comment to say that although the proposal has been Approved, it still has to recieve a majority vote from council members on Astro before you will receive a payout.

I have highlighted the quote from your reply to the comments from @Klint because I believe that it shows a major change to the original proposal.

If you no longer intend to go ahead with the baseball caps i will not be able to support this request.

The marketing DAO needs to be sure that when we evaluate a proposal that it will be carried through in the way it is presented.

1 Like

Hi @cryptocredit,

as the conference is approaching, we had no option to continue with the caps. We still have our booth, we still have a partnership with A vida portuguesa https://www.avidaportuguesa.com/ and we still believe it has major success potential.

What can we do to make it possible?

1 Like

Hi @marianeu

Just been discussing your proposal again in the Marketing DAO tg. We do not want to have a negative impact on your work and wish you success with the event.

I will now be voting to Approve this on Astro

BTW please take a look at your proposal on Astro. @Dacha has asked for your target wallet for the payout. You can add this in the question section. Thanks

2 Likes

One other aspect of this conversation that I wanted to recommend for this (and really for all proposals going forward – this is not limited to this proposal alone) is to return any unused airdrop/bonus funds to the MarketingDAO after the event.

I also encourage you to share images, video and other content from the event with us when you submit your report.

3 Likes

Hi Marianeu,

Few thoughts and questions:

• I don’t think that there is much of a difference between the cap or the postcard as the customer journey would remain the same. There are some questions around: what happens if a user already has a wallet, why would a user want to create a wallet - what is the value you are creating for the user or the pain point you are solving?

• While it is true that any unredeemed funds can be retrieved by the creator (returned to Marketing DAO) I actually think this is a dangerous way of approaching a campaign that could inadvertently be designed to fail by minimising downside. Resources that go into the campaign are much more than just funds - this proposal has been mobilising the entire Council, placing workload on us to deploy Neardrop (TBC), opening a lot of questions on how to get funds back (from an accounting and legal point, admin nightmare), and risking the reputation of the standards by which Marketing DAO approves proposal.

• It is also worth noting that Mintbase has been a recipient of grants for well over a year. Guilds and community groups are under increasing scrutiny and pressure to become self sufficient - why is Mintbase and a project not able to a) cover its own marketing expenses? b) have a reasonable ROI on the significant funding you have received to date

• To add context to all of the above, the Mintbase UI/UX has been lacking for a long time. While the team is aware and working on it, there has not been any meaningful improvements. There are some that would say that it is due to this limited UI/UX that previous high-profile campaigns have had limited impact.

Suggestion: At Eth Denver all participants were given a QR code which could be redeemed for food from food trucks. There was a lengthy accompanying paper with instructions (download MetaMask, add token, etc.) and this was done on Testnet because Arbitrum is too expensive. This is a simple example of how: you build an experience around something a user wants (everyone gets hungry) and we could showcase NEAR’s superior tx speed, cost and wallet experience.

I understand that these funds can be used to buy local goods at the conference, which would indeed be a great opportunity to showcase technology and onboard people assuming the user experience is actually good (a bad experience will push people in the opposite direction). While it is important to foster relationships with the local artists communities, we must not forget about the tech.

Due to time constraints and pre-existing commitments, I’ll be supporting this proposal. However, I’d like the points above to be considered for subsequent proposals.

3 Likes

Dear @satojandro thank you so much for you extensive comment & very constructive criticism.

Expect an awesome report from us, with numbers of wallets created, funds sent back to the marketingdao which weren’t used, and videos and pictures of people buying physical objects via credit card integration - storing the nft on their wallet!

we are launching a soft launch for engaged users this month. rest assured that our 4 people dev team is cranking like crazy with very few holidays on our backend. We are getting there :smiley:

I will inform myself and talk to the CEOs and check this out. I understand your suggestions perfectly.

Thank you so much! @so608 I will be editing and adding the refund of any unused funds, and taking out the caps of the proposal. Thank you so much.

@cryptocredit also wanted to thank you for reconsidering! I answered Dacha there, the wallet is mintbase2.near

People that alraedy have a wallet will be getting a 0.5N present at a conference. They can spend that on any dapp on near :slight_smile: or hold on to it, see it rise, and buy more :slight_smile: I understand your point of course.

I said thank you many times but will do it one last time. Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @satojandro @so608 @cryptocredit @David_NEAR and @Klint

The goodies bag was full of paper, which explains the low number of interaction with the QR codes. Learning for the next time: definitely add SOMETHING 3dimensional so people get the message. And maybe put the word airdrop somewhere so people get the message.

these are the numbers from our campaign:

I am deleting it now and will return the money for the campaign. I think it is 774.59N - "x"N

xN were paid by the createbase.near account to create the campaign. I will paste the screenshot of the cancellation of the campaign here in a sec.

@LuisInfante took some nice videos & pictures at the conference which he will be adding here asap.

2 Likes

Okay so this was the transaction of creating the 1700x0,5N campaign on neardrop

https://explorer.mainnet.near.org/transactions/Cyjr5mjRUK9qAVdsbSXJHxU2ErsPehMBdSAEQSKN2bZD

which did cost 869.7N

So we have 19.7N used for the creation of the campaign

here is the link for the transaction which deleted the campaign:

https://explorer.mainnet.near.org/accounts/nonfungibleconference.createbase.linkdropv1.near

so:

869.7N
minus 774.59N
= 95,11N (that’s what has been used)

As far as I understand we need to give back to you the 774.59 - 19.7N which equals 754,89 N

right?

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing this… And thanks @marianeu for the update.

Hello Everyone,

Here I leave a small video explaining the process during the conference, how people got access to their first NEAR wallet, and how they interact with our platform.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Dear @MktngDAO_Advisors I need to know if the value of 754,89 N is right and to which wallet/DAO i should send it to :slight_smile:
And if all is alright?

hey @Dacha @Klint @David_NEAR @cryptocredit @so608

could you confirm the value above so I can transfer the fundsback?

Should I transfer to the DAO or somewhere else?

Thanks

Hey!

Can you please send an email to invoices@near.foundation with the context of why the funds are being returned (+what account they’re being returned from) and shoot the NEAR over to nf-payments.near , please? Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! The email is typed down, should I add you in CC @David_NEAR ??

"

Hello,

my name is Maria Magdalena Neu and I am the community manager of mintbase.

I am writing this e-mail to offer some context around the refund of 754,89N to nf-payments.near.

We had been granted 850N to produce 1700 Neardrops (0,5N each), from which only 48 new wallets were created and 141 were claimed.

This was the transaction of creating the 1700x0,5N campaign on neardrop

https://explorer.mainnet.near.org/transactions/Cyjr5mjRUK9qAVdsbSXJHxU2ErsPehMBdSAEQSKN2bZD

which did cost 869.7N

So we used 19.7N for the creation of the campaign

here is the link for the transaction which deleted the campaign:

https://explorer.mainnet.near.org/accounts/nonfungibleconference.createbase.linkdropv1.near

Therefore:

869.7N
minus 774.59N
= 95,11N (that’s what has been used to create wallets / claim drops)

As far as I understand we need to give back to you the 774.59 - 19.7N which equals 754,89 N

David Instructed us (see [Approved] Merch for NFConference in April 2022 in Lisbon - #33 by marianeu ) to transfer this value to nf.payments.near

Have a great day,

maria

"

You can do, no worries if not - thanks!

1 Like

I need your email for that @David_NEAR

david@near.foundation

1 Like

I got no answer to that mail @David_NEAR

The transaction for sending NEAR now to nf-payments.near NEAR Explorer | Transaction

Hey,

It was the weekend, so looks like you got a response this morning.