[Approved] INCREASING OF NEAR BLOCKCHAIN HUBS IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES (Starting From Akwa Ibom State University)

[PROPOSAL]
INCREASING OF NEAR BLOCKCHAIN HUBS IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES
(Starting From Akwa Ibom State University)

INTRODUCTION
Near is currently one of the fastest Growing Blockchain , Result from one of my research shows that 65% of the total number of Nigerians involve in digital currencies are Students so therefore looking at this fact am PROPOSING for the establishment Of Near block chain Hubs in Nigeria Universities Starting from Akwa ibom state university.

GOALS
The Near protocol Nigeria have been effective in their work but somehow the Good news of Near was hovering around the Surface Of Nigeria with the establishment of Near Block Chain Hubs in Nigeria , near will Drop down and the masses will be fully aware of it , this will boost the presence of near in Nigeria
The Block Chain Hub will form a close partnership with the Students Developers club or any other Developers club present in the university , the block chain Hub will put them through the " Near Certified Developer " program literally with this the block chain Hub will bring in more Developers into the ecosystem .
The Hub will also promote Extra Curricular Activities like
*Sport Activities in The University
*Dance and music Activities through NEAR

TALENT HUNT
this activities will also help boost the presence of near in the university and Nigeria as a whole through inter campus sport more like "Nigeria Near Annual sport competition "
Being the first Blockchain in Nigeria to do this it will attract attention from Media and Business expertise

EVALUATION AND INSTRUMENTATION
Being under the umbrella of the NEAR PROTOCOL NIGERIA the Hub will work hand in hand with the Near PROTOCOL NIGERIA , Giving monthly Report to the NPK guild through it representative , attending important NPK meetings and taking back important information back to the campus

PANEL OF REPRESENTATIVES
The panel are people who will Create awareness about the hub , take charge of Hosting seminars/workshop and activities in the university

Some of the head roles we need in the hubs are
Representative of the Hub
Seminars/workshops moderator
Event organiser
Representative from the Developers club
Social media manager

COST/EXPENSES
*The hub will need to host Event which will need support from near
*The hub will engage in extra curricular activities (sports competition or talent hunt)
*The hub will engage in online contest Like the meme, best article etc
This is to give the community a sense of belonging and it will promote oneness
The panel which should consist of not more than 5 people should be compensated with the minimum of 100USD in Near token
This is to make them do their job effectively and with passion , Working without reward’s won’t yield much improvement As some people will be like "What’s my business after all am not being paid " Reward has another way of motivating people to bring out their best
In other for the hub to operate effectively the hub will seek consistent support from the Near protocol Nigeria

@David_NEAR
@Grace
@chronear
@damboy22
@cryptocredit
@jlwaugh
@jcatnear
@simeon4real
@Paulp5000

11 Likes

Just awesome as this would make sure physical entities are present in each selected universities to ensure the growth of NEAR ECOSYSTEM here in Nigeria

7 Likes

This is awesome actually.

A break down of the COST/EXPENSES will help clear the air. You should include it for clarity purpose.
Above all, an awesome idea.

5 Likes

Thank you @damboy22
It sure going to be one of the best thing to ever happen in a Nigeria University . :fire::fire::fire:
Thank you for appreciating this idea

1 Like

I would love this to grow in all. Will really need help of your team in reaching the middle belt states. Can your team render help with Benue State University?

1 Like

Actually
Thank you for the appreciating this idea

But actually at the moment there is no way we can evaluate the cost break down more than that
As contest , competition and other event won’t come regularly
To sponsor
The dev club is something that might happen once or twice in a semester
So literally we can’t calculate the cost at the moment

The meme and other contest might happen once every month
So when the time comes
We will make an official proposal to what we need funds for

3 Likes

Sure it’s for all University in Nigeria
Starting from Akwa Ibom it will sure spread to all universities In Nigeria …

It’s going to be superb
:fire::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Hey!

I think this is a great proposal for the Education team.

cc @shashi

Thanks @David_NEAR
@Hsmoney please apply for our Entrepreneur-in-Residence fellowship program and we will take it from there.

1 Like

Greetings @shashi @David_NEAR
I spent some time to read about the
Fellowship program
And honestly this is not actually the idea I conceived
The hub will run as a sub community under the NPK guild
Though it’s being establish in the universities
It’s more like a community.
To make it’s simple
Let’s use this

Near global community (federal system)
|
|
Npk guild $ other guild (State system)

|

Blochain hub (grass root system)

The reason we have so many sub communities in near is to spread and cover as many part as possible
I propose for a sub community under the NPK guild to boost near to the grass root system .

1 Like

Check this out Ambassador Program

1 Like

Hello @Hsmoney!
Please add “onboarding-dao” tag, as Onboarding DAO team (me, @Symbolik and @NatalieCrue) will be reviewing your proposal in the fourth week of January.
Many Thanks!

Hello @Hsmoney thank you for having this onboarding initiative, let’s try to make this happen.

1. When are you planning this activities ?
  1. Hope so yeah ! step by step. What are your connections with this university ?
  1. Your proposal is requesting for $500 USD, this will be 5 people running this onboarding project right ? Who are they ?
1 Like

Hi, Thanks for your proposal.

Do you already have collab with some Media houses? Can you share info link about some?

Do you have plans for rewarding some participants of Dance & Music event?

We are having a similar activity going on in Nigeria.

Since It’s a separate proposal, I’d suggest you to post report separate as well.

Can we have accounts tag of designated people for these roles?

Can you describe the budget proposal for these tasks?

Have a nice day! :handshake:

1 Like

Hi, I love the focus on students wyho are in the dev stream. I feel this could onboard people into NEAR who may join communities that are building out the ecosystem as well, they will envision and build new applications and tool for NEAR. I’d like to see a section that breaks down all costs and totals.

1 Like

As soon as the proposal is Accepted
Activities will start immediately …

I currently study in this university and this is my third year
:grin:

The only people Available at the moment is myself and @simeon4real
But as soon as activities start we will get
3 more qualify individual(s) to join the board

Thank you for spending time to read this
@FritzWorm

1 Like

At the moment No , we are currently at the initial stage (still anticipating to be accepted ) but they are plans for collaboration
We also have a media house in the campus
So I think it will be quite simple :relaxed:
Though we will have some collaborations with some private media house

Yes actually there is plans to reward the participants

Hehe quite tactical

This idea about this proposal was first created Oct 2021 though it wasn’t really clear
So @David_NEAR ask for a break down which was posted again Dec 21

Though we are planning to an inter campus sport not basically a league
It’s once a year
More like a NEAR YEARLY TOURNAMENT

Yes report will be separate

@simeon4real and npk core members
Don’t really know all though
@damboy22
@Ejabani

I basically wanted make proposals for the budget
Each time we have an activity but it seems everyone wants now
I will say we will need $9000 usd in near to run the Blockchain activities in a calendar year
Including all expenses , activities and all Contest and competition
Including compensation to the 5 people who will run the Blockchain
500 usd per month * 12 that’s 6000usd in a year for them
(100 usd a month for them, 5 of them equals 500 usd for them )
3000 usd to run all activities
Sport
Music/talent hunt
Community contest etc

You too sir :smiley:

1 Like

Here is the requested budget to run the Blockchain
9000 usd in near to run the Blockchain in a calendar year

6000 will go for the representatives running the Blockchain
500 usd for 5 of them
Literally 100 usd per month for each of them.
500 * 12
6000 usd in a calendar year for them

3000 usd will cover the expenses on
The Sports competition
Music/talent hunt ls
Community contest
Partnership
Or collaboration

So 9000 usd in a calendar year

1 Like

Ah Okay. Got it. So it would be a complimentary activity.

These 5 people will organize monthly campaigns in the university to teach about NEAR right?

For the onboarding DAO we have a max budget of $500 for a month, so I’d say to have a monthly plan and structure things according to that.

Thanks!

@David_NEAR
@Grace
@cryptocredit
@shashi

Still anticipating the opportunity to bring this idea to live