Afrika Burn - Save The Clan
Claudia Peter @claudinhabelha
Guild SputnikDAO Address
Caring is the act of the heart to support others with of love. Care is what Afrika Burn needs now to survive. Sustainability is the only thing that can ensure the survival of this cultural gathering. Without financial support, Afrika Burn is in existential danger and timely gathering is harder to accomplish.
This magical place of gathering has gifted unconditionally over the years with an indescribable abundance, without ever seeking anything in return.
And that’s why it is our turn to give something back!
Let’s build a sustainable passive income for Afrika Burn.
Guild Tasks - Education
- Coordinating and briefing the One Pager “Why is NEAR Protocol a green blockchain?”
- Explaining how to buy NEAR (example: Binance, Kraken, etc.) and to transfer to the NEAR Wallet
- coordinating and briefing for the documentation “For beginners”
what is a blockchain? what is a crypto? what does a “block” mean? what is it compared to the real world? how can I use a blockchain as a person? what is a miner exactly doing? is there always a miner (in every blockchain)? What is Proof of Stake? What is Proof of Work? What is a smart contract?
- coordinating and help writing the documentation “Q&A”
“Why should I invest in an NFT?”
what is my advantage? taxes? whatelse? People ask me a lot “why should someone buy a painting that he won’t put on the wall in his home?” or "why does someone buy virtual land if he can’t really live there? “only to see the paintings on the computer?” “Where do the original of the artpieces go”? “Do I need to send the digital artpiece to the buyer?” “What is the buyer doing with the artpiece?”
- Schooling of people about the advantage of an NFT is, why they should invest
- Schooling of people about mintbase and NEAR in General
- coordinating and briefing for the Education Paper “Artist Guide” in EN, PT, ES, IT, DE (the actual writer gets paid through the other channel. I delivered a briefing)
- coordinating and briefing for the Education Paper “Investor Guide” EN, PT, ES, IT, DE (the actual writer was paid through another channel. I delivered a briefing)
**Guild Tasks - Onboarding Artists & Investors and Community Management **
- coordinating posts and Newsletter content with Afrika Burn in order to approach the burner community through their database
- sending emails to family and friends
- regular Social Media Posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- regular Posts on the telegram channels: mintbase, createbase, green nft, nft projects, etc.
- 24/7 Hotline for the onboarded artists who have questions = direct messages to me (Questions from: what is a crypto actually? what is afrika burn? can you explain the principles a bit more? How can i profit from that? Why should someone buy an NFT painting when he/her can not put it physically on the wall?)
- 10% of the artists need a zoom-meeting to have everything explained
- coordinating the telegram channel ARTISTS
- 10% of the artists wanted to “socialise/network” and we had virtual meetings
- giving feedbacks to artist because they ask for it
- welcoming new artists in a special way
Guild Tasks - Marketing & Communication
→ all tasks were communicated by the gov-site or in the telegram channel. And i had virtual meetings with everyone to go through the briefings in detail.
- explaining the mintbase concept to artists via email, sms, whatsapp, telegram or zoom
- explaining the NEAR Protocol to artists via email, sms, whatsapp, telegram, etc. why is NEAR Protocol Green (some text came from Mintbase, some text i wrote bymyself, some text are copy/paste from the website)
- Texting for Afrika Burn in EN and PT
- Texting for Afrika Burn Outreach
- coordinating and briefing for the project-brand-manual (project logo, project font, project icons, projects, visual elements, etc.) (task itself paid by another request)
- coordinating and briefing for the Promotionvideo “long” and "short (task itself paid by another request)
- coordinating and briefing for the Cryptovoxels gallery (task itself paid by another request)
- coordinating and briefing for the social media content AB (jpg, gif, etc.) (task itself paid by another request)
- coordinating and briefing for the social media content AB Outreach (jpg, gif, etc.) (task itself paid by another request)
- coordinating and briefing for the online virtual gallery (tasks itself paid by another request)
- coordinating and briefing for the Social Media texts (tasks itself paid by another request)
- planning the social media posts & every marketing activity (post AB, post AB Outreach, introduction artists, introduction collectible about the AB principles), Screen at NEARCON with 7 NFTs), coordinating that we are on the homepage of mintbase for 1-2 weeks, coordinating that we one or two auctions are visible on the homepage of mintbase, etc. etc.
- planning the social media posts, newsletter of Afrika Burn
- building a discord channel to collect all the material in an easier way (organise meetings, display photos, explain the process, build an education channel, etc)
- creating QR-Code directly to Afrika Burn Store
- coordinating with Artists that they should introduce themselves with text and pictures
- coordianting with Artists about following each other on twitter, instagram, etc. → different initiatives.
Guild Task - Administration & IT
- writing the Afrika Burn Fundraising Concept
- creating neutral co-templates for education papers (NEARA & Mintbase)
- introducing the concept to the boardmembers of Afrika Burn
- weekly calls with Afrika Burn
- creating a new google drive for Afrika Burn with all the documents, including access-management for the single folders and collaborators
- collecting photos, movies from different photographers, film-makers, etc. (through afrika burn or private contacts) so we have enough material for the GO LIVE
- coordinationg with mintbase delevopers if we find bugs or irregular things that seem strange.
- artists are receiving ridiculous offers like 0.01 NEAR from random people and they approach me directly what do to do and questions like “how much is 0.01 NEAR” … we then try to find out who the offering-person was to talk or just let the offer expire. It needs a lot of explanation on both sides.
- writing all the requests on gov.near.org
- splitting all the NEAR-Links, checking 150 single links if they really work and send it to onboarded people.
- calls with people from NEAR and Mintbase, Denis, Rosanna, Grace, Evgeny, Chloe, Ricardo and 4-5 more.
Guild Task - Fundraising Event Zürich
- ordering canvas and colors
- organise an atelier to paint
- adverstise the event in the atelier in different channels
- group painting and art-creation for Afrika Burn
- showing artpieces at a fundraising in zurich and introduce the visitors to the AB project
- 2nd event will happen in November 2021 (4-8 people in another atlier of other friends - they offer their space for free. I still have colors from the first event. But no canvas left. These i have to buy. it is not yet announced because they are moving to another place with the Atelier right now).
private painting sessions at my place
- ordering canvas and colors
- group painting
- onboarding how to start the process and mint on place = in my home
- ongoing task
GUILD Request - Budget
I would love to do most of the work on a volunteer basis because i am a “Burner from the bottom of my heart” and it was my intention to give something back to those people who organised the Burn in the past and of course to the nature.
Since i started the project the initiative turned bigger and bigger which made us happy but at the same time the ressources were not available to do more.
In the beginning, in July i worked maybe 1-2hours a day, in August maybe 3, in September 6h a day and since October every day 8h.
June-July: 20h (Concept-Phase)
August: 40h (Implementation Phase)
September: 130h (Onboarding, Education, Administration, etc.)
Ocotober (until 06.10.2021): 20h
October - December: estimated 90h (marketing plan, marketing implementation, coordinating with afrika burn)
Therefore I talked to Yessin about the budget.
Part of my work I still want to do as a volunteer because it makes me happy to do it.
The other part I would love to have budget for my tasks and the things I already did since July and will do until the end of the year (November, December only social media marketing activities)
Budget: 3000 USD in NEAR (USD for the whole period July-December)
The tasks that are paid through another community you’ll find here: AfrikaBurn "Save the Clan" NFT Fundraising Project
The tasks above are/were my tasks for which i didn’t for money yet.
(for future climate projects i will organise a guild from the beginning and include the task-budget)