[Approved, paid] Globe DAO Funding Request to House of Merit for February

Hello Everyone!

We are glad to announce February’s funding round

Near Digital Collective Core Values:

1. Empowering the ecosystem (for people by people)

2. Respected by the ecosystem (fair, accountable, transparent, and reliable)

3. Dedicated to ideas of decentralization (antifragile, scalable, with collective decision-making)

4. Efficient operation (don’t be a burden; instead, help the Community to be more efficient)

5. Continuous improvement via weekly iterations (plan, measure results, and adjust continuously)

To evaluate the results, following metrics will be used for tracking individual initiatives’ performance by GLOBE DAO. All the metrics must be attributable to the relevant project/initiative through on-chain activity and off-chain reporting, ensuring GDPR compliance and preserving privacy:

1. Accounts retention after 1/2/4/8 weeks — the percentage of accounts who continue interacting on the chain over a given time period (higher is better)

2. Account acquisition cost — budget divided by the number of accounts interacting through the funded initiative (lower is better)

3. Median number of dApps used by P95 accounts retained for 1+ week (higher is better)

4. Number of accounts retained for 1+ week using at least three dApps (higher is better)

5. Social engagement score — some compound metric of the number of posts, likes, and followers/views in social media produced by the users.

For February 2024, the Globe DAO received:

• 15 Proposals

• Total amount requested (including council’s remuneration): $79,525

Submission Period : 2 January - 7 January

List of Proposals

Here’re the approved once:

Community LINK Approved Amount
Near Turkey [APPROVED] NEAR Türkiye February 2024 $4500
Near Indonesia [APPROVED] Near Indonesia February 2024 $4500
Near Vietnam [APPROVED] NEAR Vietnam February 2024 $4500
Near Korea [APPROVED] NEAR Korea DAO February 2024 $4500
Near Hausa [APPROVED] Near Hausa February Proposal $3500
Near Ukraine [APPROVED] Near Ukraine Guild 2024 $3025
Near German [APPROVED] Near German February 2024 $2500
Near India [APPROVED] NEAR INDIA February 2024 $3500
Near Mexico [APPROVED] NEAR MEXICO February 2024 $1500
Near Positive Vibes [APPROVED] Near Positive Vibes February 2024 $2500
Near ES [APPROVED] NEAR ES February 2024 $3000
Near Brazil [APPROVED] NEAR Brazil February 2024 $1500
Renumeration (Dec+Feb)1 REPORT $4000
Renumeration (Dec+Feb)2 REPORT $4000
Renumeration (Dec+Feb)3 REPORT $4000
Renumeration (Dec+Feb)4 REPORT $4000
Renumeration (Dec+Feb)5 REPORT $4000
Total $59,025

Globe DAO’s February funding procedure:

:arrow_forward: 2 Jan - 7 Jan: Applicants to submit proposals on NEAR Forum within the suitable category.
:arrow_forward: 8 Jan - 12 Jan: GDAO councils will review the proposals.
:arrow_forward: 12 Jan - 13 Jan: GDAO councils submit funding requests to the HoM. KYC/KYB processes for approved applicants begin.
:arrow_forward: 13 Jan - 17 Jan: HoM members review the funding request, voting & providing feedbacks.
:arrow_forward: 17 Jan - 23 Jan: CoA to review and votes on funding requests.

Once approved, Grassroots DAOs initiate a transfer to NDC Trust.

Disclaimer: Some timelines can be changed.

For KYC/KYB: KYC is required for all applicants and the guide will be provided by HoM and Ops team.

12 Likes

Hello team! Thanks for a great job! I am happy to support your proposal. Special thanks for your transparent feedback for Community in each proposal.

• Also, please change statutes on Approved/ Rejected for applications.
8 Likes

Hello @HOM-TC-COA

I previously described how Globe DAO Councils approved inactive communities with no past records, no reports, and no team. and spend many funds to them instead of spend funds on the current active communities, unfortunately no one did anything to prevent that and no one investigate that until now, but I hope soon someone will do.
You can take a look here (very important to check): [Approved] NEAR Globe DAO V1: NDC Budget JANUARY 2024 - #11 by MostafaLotfy

Today, let’s take a look at February’s proposals and how that some Globe DAO Councils have double standards towards NEAR Arabic.

Let’s see how the councils dealt with NEAR Arabic proposal:

@HaiVu rejected NEAR Arabic proposal because “Tier B needs historical achievement to back the proposal, and clear KPIs in the results of the proposal, which is missing in your proposal.”

@iamanansari rejected NEAR Arabic proposal because “As I mentioned it’s still not clear to me about partnership, you still need to establish partnership in Tier C and I don’t see any planning there”

@Ihor rejected NEAR Arabic proposal because “I’m sorry but I’m not sure in reliability of your team” and accused that NEAR Arabic members are a bot.

Please remember these reasons and let’s see how the three Globe DAO members dealt with the other communities’ proposals:

HaiVu refused because “no historical achievement and no clear KPIs"

NEAR Arabic KPIs has almost the same KPIs as all other proposals that has been approved by HaiVu.
NEAR Arabic has many past achievements and a many previous work that was attached to the proposal as the other proposals has.
Also, please note that we changed the tier from B to C and then to tier D (lower tier), but there was no response from HaiVu.

Iamn approved the following proposals:

NEAR Turkey, NEAR Ukraine, Near Indonesia, near-positive-vibes.
As I mentioned that Iamn rejected NEAR Arabic’s proposal due to the lack of a plan about partnerships (only for this reason Iamn rejected our proposal).
Do the communities that the Iamn approved have a clear plan for partnerships? Did they write anything more than what was written in the NEAR Arabic proposal?
By reading the community proposals, you will find that there is no clear plan about partnerships point and NEAR Arabic has a more clearer plan.

Here is what was written in the proposals that were approved by Iamn about the partnerships:

NEAR Ukraine
About the Partnership:
Expand the ecosystem by collaborating with local blockchain/cryptocurrency communities through hosting joint events/activities

NEAR INDONESIA:
Demonstration NEAR to NON blockchain communities: 1-2 partnerships, 2 online events

NEAR Turkey:
Partnership: We aim to have 1-2 non-blockchain partnerships and organize 2 events this month. We will invite business people to our office and talk about a possible partnership.

Near-positive-vibes:
Partnerships: We are aiming for 1-2 non-blockchain partnerships this month. We will invite participants from other crypto communities and introduce them to the ecosystem near.

And here is what was written in NEAR Arabic proposal:
Our team has extensive experience and good relationships with many communities. This will help us launch many partnerships with different communities, and we always strive to establish good relationships with new partnerships and communities that are compatible with NEAR’s goals.
Establishing 1-2 partnership.
We are already in contact with some communities and companies, we have more than one developer community (Web2) with whom we can conduct partnerships and events, and we also have contact with some technical colleges, we will choose a community that align with NEAR’s goals.
Besides, we have a good relationships with many local blockchain communities, this will help bring in new users.

Do you think that the approved communities have a clearer plan than NEAR Arabic?
of course not! However, NEAR Arabic’s proposal was rejected by Iamn because of the lack of a clear plan about partnership and the other got approved!

Knowing that after despairing of transparency and justice, I asked to completely delete the partnership point and make NEAR Arabic in a lower level (Tier D) in order to accept the proposal, but Iman did not respond.

Ihor rejected because “I’m sorry but I’m not sure in reliability of your team” and accused that NEAR Arabic members are a bot.

I want to mention that most of our team members have been working since 2020 and have previous work either with NEAR and with other projects, and the fact that their near.social “that were put in a public proposal” are not active does not mean that they do not have experience with the NEAR ecosystem, but rather what is important here is the work that they did. They bring in many new developers and hundreds of users who make transactions on-chain!
Knowing that all team members are ready to do KYC, ready to use Astro.

But let’s assume that there is a condition (which does not exist because it is not logical) that if the team members’ wallets do not have any activity on-chain, in this case, the proposal will not be approved!
Well, why was this condition applied only to NEAR Arabic and not to all communities?!

Ihor approved the following proposals:

NEAR Vietnam, Near-positive-vibes, near-ES, Near-India.

• Do proposals contain team wallets or near.social links?
    no

• Did Ihor request the wallets of the team members to check and verify their activity on-chain?
    no

Since Ihor did not ask for the team wallet addresses, that’s mean that he does not rely on them to accept or reject proposals, but he only did with NEAR Arabic!

Please note again, there is no condition about the team on-chain activity but there is a condition that the team should have a past work/reports like: content, webinar, videos …etc.

For all guild leaders that I mentioned, I’m not attacking you and I have no problem with you, I wish you success in disbursing the fund provided and making NEAR even better.

When I did my first research on how Globe DAO accepted totally inactive communities instead of support current active communities and there was no integrity in approval process, I knew that we would face problems later and difficulty accepting our proposals, but seeking transparency I have done my second research that shows the community that some Globe DAO members have double standards.

We are frustrated with the lack of transparency, but we will keep working, we will be at an IRL event soon.
We will bring more developers and more transactions on-chain and together we will continue building to make NEAR protocol even better!

Hello @MostafaLotfy ! I’m still happy to
schedule a call with you. I don’t see any
issues with Globe DAO, but let’s discuss.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @Dacha If you still see that there are no issues with Globe DAO even after my proofs that I mentioned, so the call will be useless for us.