[APPROVED] Freelancer DAO proposal for September

Freelancer DAO Proposal For The Month Of September.

August Report

Wallet : freelancerdao.sputnik-dao.near
Total funds - $3950

Abstract.

The FDAO would be focusing on Outreach to Web3 & Web2 Communities to Onboard Active Users to Near and create awareness about the NDC Election, Collabs with Near Ecosystem projects, Educational Partnerships, Onchain Activities , Utilizing Near Infrastructures.

Milestones & Time line

Week 1

• OG rally (Publication)
  • Sticker Competition
  • Weekly Community Call (Election Publication & Engagers Education)
  • Final Submission for NDC Freestyle Competition to be extended to 10th.
  • Submitting our Monthly proposals
  • Opening a store for FDAO on Mintbase.

Wk2

• Host an Educative call for BOS
  • Onchain Activity (Quiz & NEAR Prize prediction)
  • OG rally (Calls on Twitter & Telegram)
  • Onchain Activity ( Football prediction onchain)
  • Web2 Onboarding & Marketing
  • Final results for content freestyle
  • Weekly Community Call
  • Onboard Devs from Universities and Educate them on BOS

Wk3

• Onchain Voting for the Sticker Competition.
  • Create an initiative to get token support from the community
  • Getting votes from Community members and Campaign.
  • onchain Prediction of NEAR price & Soccer Score (to be shilled to Web2).
  • Onchain polls
  • Weekly Community Call
  • Education about NEAR DApps

Wk 4

• Review of Engagers and Trial phase
  • Accept New trail phase participants
  • Weekly Community Call
  • NEAR predictions on chain
  • Collab with the RWG to help onboard researchers and also study NEAR dapps
  • Report and Accountability
  • Reward distribution.

Mechanics to track onboarded users, IAH verified users, Onchain activities.

Onboarded User

• Metrics to track onboarded Web3 users are as follow, we have a trackable link for distribution of contents to WhatsApp to track how many users joined through WhatsApp.

• To track Football lovers we would provide a separate link which we would use for this activity to get people who joined from Web2&3 through this means, the BOS platform would be used for predictions of live score

• Trackable links are available to proof support to NDC twitter page and also Verified Humans, since proof of humanity is a criteria to become an Engager.

Onchain Activities

• This would be tracked manually and all data and information would be provided, but our onchain involvement includes

• posting on BOS

• Use token voting to Educate

• Voting on polls on Astrodao

• Mintbase interaction

• Prediction & quiz engagement.

Collabs

• Collab with Facebook football brand influencer “BI views” to promote onchain activities and wallet creation

Brand Facebook Analytics
  • Collabs with Research WG to learn about BOS and also About NEAR DApps.
  • Collab with University students for onboard and wallet creation

Smart Objectives & KPIs

The smart objectives and KPIs would be presented monthly by the freelancer DAO

The Freelancer DAO’s Objective this month is to the growth and enrichment of the NEAR and NDC ecosystem. Our objective further split into specific, measurable, achievable goals

We are aimed at

• Voters Education and OG rally
  • Recruiting 33 Verified Human for trial phase and welcoming 21 Humans who qualified to become a verified engagers with badges of recognition and all verified engagers are members on our DAO.
  • 100+ Post on Twitter and Near Social strictly related to the NDC election and Campaign.
  • Facebook (Occasionally ~15 post)
  • Onboard 10+ Football lovers to participate onchain.
  • If each Engager participates on a WhatsApp post that would be distributed by the core team we should expect 3000 views reached from 30 engagers if an average view is 100 views and on WhatsApp an estimate of 10% to join through our invite link which is trackable and to meet the target of onboarding 10%-30% of the 300 to visit our link which we would later track to gauge progress, we can then onboard (30-60) individuals.
  • 33 new recruits would be equivalent to 33 expected follows on NDC and FDAO twitter
  • 33 New IAH users as Aspiring Engagers.
  • +33 Follows on NEARSocial
  • 4 Twitter space and 4 Community call or Workshop on Telegram which would hold once in every week
  • 2-4 Collabs or partnership with NEAR related project on onboarding Active users
  • Price prediction & goal prediction onchain and 1 competition to promote NDC and its Awareness.
  • 10-15 Contents Pushed to WhatsApp status.
  • Amplifier of NDC contents and build Engagement around it.
  • 33trail phase participants to produce contents related to NDC (33 by 10 post on BOS and 10+ on twitter = 3300Contents
  • 21 Verified Engagers 30 post twitter + 30 BOS = 1260+ Contents
KPIs
  • Increase in onchain activities and participation on BOS (+6k tx)
  • Traction on NDC & FDAO community +37%
  • Onboard Active Users to NEAR Ecosystem
  • Massive Community Engagement on the BOS
  • Mass Onboarding from Web2.0 to NEAR and Onboarding them with Wallet and IAH SBT’s
  • Bounty Engagement related to NDC
  • NDC Product & Election Awareness
  • Collaborations & Education (BOS, NDC Tools and infrastructure)
  • Interaction with DApps(staking party & token vote).
  • Interaction with DApps (ii) post on BOS
  • Wallet Creation for +70 active users
  • Live BOS Component & Dev

FDAO Budget

Community Budget

This is the budget which we believe would cover engagement and activities in the community.

• Weekly Football predictions : to attract football lovers from Web2&3 to NEAR Ecosystem to participate in onchain activities and become active users

4weeks by 20$ = 80$

150$ for Facebook football influencer

Social media promo (FB) 20$

• Organizing Quiz, Riddle,game, Brainteaser etc about NDC & Governance body would be 15$ shared to 2 participants that’s 10$ & 5$

15$ by 4= 60$

=260$

Social Media Management
Facebook| Twitter | NEARSocial and Telegram
300$

Engagers Budget

Engagers are eligible freelancers who can promote NDC on our DAO and serve as the engine for Mass adoption and awareness.

Expected engagers for this Month would all start from a Novice level

Rough estimate of Verified Engagers and the max reward to engagers is a 50$

21 Engagers by 50$ = $1050 (not from this month budget)

• Staking Party Proposal- would create a proposal for a staking party for the community to educate them on how to stake and use Meta Vote to vote for proposals $5 worth of Meta would be distributed to 10 participants to vote 50$, written proposal and directory Doc 100$ people who voted would participate for the staking party and token distribution more info would be given on a doc for the staking party. =150$
  • Graphic design for our DAO = 150$

Computer Student Out Reach

Location:-Guru jambheshwar university of science and technology HISAR Haryana (INDIA) at Chochaudhary ranbir singh auditorium.

Agendas :-

• Enlightening Computer students about web 3.0 and Awareness about NEAR Protocol & NDC
  • Onboarding on NEAR Protocol with IAH verification
  • Building live BOS Component using react js.
  • Expecting a guest speaker to talk about BOS
  • Expecting around 50+ students
  • 70$ for live quiz and wallet creating on Neardrop
  • 50$ for onboarding Event planner remuneration.
  • Organizer 30$
  • Budget=150$

Note: When IAH available(after 22 September)we would also onboard them as verified human

Aspiring Engagers(Trial Mode)

These are new participants applying to participate in the trial mode to become an Engager.

33 Applicants which after the Trial mode would be gifted with 30$ to support their hard work, this gift would be given to people who are qualified for the gift according to the “Trial Phase Doc”

33 Applicant (Aspiring Engagers) by 30$ =990$

Total Community Budget = 300$ + 560$+150$+0$ + 990$ = 2000$

Councils Budgets

Brief of General Council Activities

• Evaluate and Audit Engagers Report
  • Create Form, Spreadsheet and use of tools for data and recording
  • Community engagement and Social Media Management.
  • Collaboration and partnership for Community Growth.
  • Monitoring and Guiding Community
  • BOS Education & NDC Election Information (Posts, Articles, Calls etc)
  • Oversee the process and ensure all protocols are implemented.

(King | 350$, Dammy 350$, Ankit 350$, Alphaflexhub 400$, Psalm 500)$ = $1950

Total budget for September = $1950+ 2000$ = $3950

Note: The budget for Engagers and aspiring engagers (test phase) may or might fluctuate depending on the outcome as we’ve given a close rough estimate of what we’re expecting and any unused budget would be left in our DAO as a stable token to avoid impermanent losses.

The Funds in our treasury would be used to cover unfinished task in August in the 1st week of September

Wallet : freelancerdao.sputnik-dao.near

@marketingdao-council

16 Likes

That’s great , Great hopes from freelancer DAO for working far more efficient :clap: MarketingDAO Community
This month proposal would be accepted soon

7 Likes

I think the FDAO engagers are doing a great job by actively taking part in competitions and connecting with the community.

However, I have some concerns about the total council budget, which is $3.3k. It seems like the council’s salaries might be too high compared to what I’ve seen in other projects that deliver excellent results with lower overall funding (including community expenses and team salaries).

I’m curious about the specific extra work the FDAO council members are doing to justify their $900 salaries. To be honest, I haven’t noticed many council members being as active as Ankit , Alphaflex and Boma (Psalm). In weekly meetings, it’s mostly these who actively engage with the community and contribute to discussions.

In simpler terms, I appreciate the hard work of some FDAO council members, but I’m concerned that their salaries, when compared to other projects, might be too high given the level of activity and contribution I observe from them.

5 Likes

Hello @dellni i really appreciate your feedback, as all core contributors have been working in their best manner to grow the community and 900$ is worth my activity as a champion.

• DAO project differs from community project as core contributors have more responsibility.
    Now let me outline what I do in a month and I’m most time active 6hrs daily.

Activities of Psalm.

• I’m in charge of Social media management (NEAR Social and Twitter and targeting to meet up 100 post in a month with good impression)
  • I’m in charge of co ordination and making sure all activities are successful and meet traction.
  • strategic planning and creating proposal and report to meet KPIs and appropriate goals and great results.
  • At the end of the month we audit Engager and also score them.
  • along side with core contributors I ensure marketing strategies to meet up traction is implemented and achievable.
  • Reach out for partnerships and Collabs for mutual growths and support.

However I was able to reduce my salary by 55% cause of my desire for the project to grow and to make availability for the community to also support grow NEAR.

Thanks for your feedback edited the post yesterday to $2k discussed with core contributors to be aware of a decrease in salary, maybe when the community grows and get more reputation we can increase in a fair approach.

Honestly you’re right.
But I believe in most projects we wouldn’t expect 100% perfection from leaders or core contributors as we are all humans, so I would discuss with them concerning this notification

Honestly your feedback is benevolent and helpful thanks.
All feedback noted

6 Likes

Hi @Psalmy thanks for the proposal – I generally like what appears to be the goal here: to systematize a way to give creators and content makers remuneration for their work in support of the NEAR ecosystem. As a longtime content creator and freelancer myself, I am in favor of approaches like this.

What’s missing for me in this proposal is a clear (does not need to be lengthy) statement around how rewarding the creators/freelancers in the DAO helps the community achieve the KPIs we’re focused on right now. With election underway, we are focused on what’s next. You can view the MDAO September KPIs here:

MDAO September KPIs

This month, we are focused on supporting projects that can demonstrate the following Key Performance Indicators ( KPIs):

• Increasing numbers of active Developers
  • Increasing numbers of active Users and Transactions
    • On-chain onboarding
    • On-chain engagement
    • On-chain participation in ecosystem dApps
  • Increasing numbers of Tools, dApps on BOS
  • Increasing the number of people educated about NDC governance, BOS and active projects in the ecosystem

Can you update the proposal to meet the below requirement:

As part of that, we ask that proposals clearly state how their activities will achieve these key performance metrics. For example:

• How do their activities drive builders and developers?
  • What mechanisms will they use to track and report onboarded users, engagement, transactions?

Also noting your reduction in remuneration based on feedback.

7 Likes

@so608 thanks for you benevolent response.
In summary how are keeping to KPIs with several activities which I would summarize.

Onchain engagement

• we do practice posting GM on BOS daily to increase Onchain Activities and we get 12-20 GM comments in a day.
    An average of 16 comments daily by 20days that’s 320 comments.
  • Collab with a Facebook influencer for football prediction on BOS so to attract football fans from web2 to engage on BOS this would lead to onboarding and onchain engagement.
    How do we plan to do this?
    The football influencer would post live match twice a week for on his page and direct fans to comment live score predictions on the BOS to win a little token for the first to get the right live score predicted before the match.
    How can we track newly onboarded? a special link would be used by the influencer to track new invite and we would create a spreadsheet to save the data for newly onboarded.

:point_up_2: influencers page.

Onboarding devs.

Through real live outreach to computer students to educate them about the BOS and onboard +25 Students to explorer the BOS and learn about it. :point_down:

About NDC education

Engagers provides contents and also threads about the NDC election and build engagement around it.

• Encouraging the community to participate in Voting and to be voted for.
  • Host 4-6 calls for voter’s education
    Etc more details are on the proposal.

How we would meet up and achieve this KPIs where stated above but I had a call with Bakaka yesterday to explain further and I’m glad to execute this.

Thanks for your feedback

6 Likes

Thank you for your proposal

After several calls and restructure, am happy to support

Looking forward to see more organic enagegements with the ecosystem tools and growth, try to utilize ShardDog or keypom too vwry effective.

5 Likes

Thanks @Psalmy for answering the questions and incorporating feedback into the proposal. You have received majority council support for this proposal. Moving to approved.

Next steps:

Your application was approved by Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO at NDC. The approved proposal will be included in the next MDAO budget request to NDC trust. The trust needs to authorize it first and then transfer funds to Marketing DAO treasury: the expected payment date is the last week of September.

So, during this time, please do the following:

1. Fill out the form to pass KYC

2. Wait for future instruction from Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO and an invitation to create a transfer on Astro DAO.

3. Please join NDC Marketing HUB to discuss this and future projects.

4. Refer to the Marketing DAO Funding Guide as needed.

5 Likes

FDAO is working great and fairly as compared to others , hoping a great future from this DAO “I personally feel that this can successfully help promoting NDC and there upcoming future” :ninja:

Also Onboarding Developers would also bring great to near

7 Likes

Dear @Psalmy and Freelancer team!
Our request to NDC trust has been approved. So please, create a transfer from Marketing DAO treasure to your wallet. Marketing DAO Proposal Funding Guide - Updated August 2023
Thank you very much!

8 Likes