[APPROVED] Building days with BOS | Workshops + NEAR Social promotion series in Mexico

Hello, NEAR FAMILY. I resubmit this proposal so that it can be evaluated under the new guidelines of the MDAO. The last occasion this same proposal was closed. I am delighted to be able to continue collaborating and attentive to any questions

TL;DR :zap:

Proposal to carry out 3 days of construction focused on Blockchain Operating System in three cities in Mexico.

Abstract :nerd_face:

Since 2022, the Open Web Academy community has focused on attracting new users to the NEAR Protocol through IRL events, specifically hackathons, construction events, where attendees get together, learn about the NEAR Protocol and create new solutions for the ecosystem. . In our last three events we have added +200 new users, +15 projects based on NEAR and with the latest protocol technology we have added +5 new widgets for BOS. For this reason we want to reinforce these spaces aimed at a Spanish-speaking public and promoting the use of BOS and NEAR.

Team :dancing_women:

The Open Web Academy has been testing NEAR certified bootcamps, and its members have worked for the past two years on NEAR Protocol educational projects, as well as building and configuring NEAR validator nodes in Stakewars III.

Our team includes:

• Nicole Arreola : Professor of software development and dev relations
  • Alan Estrada : NEAR certified developer and co-founder of web 3.0 projects at NEAR.
  • Irving Cariño : Certified NEAR Analyst, NEAR Professor and Google Lv2 Professor.

OWA social networks.

Proposal :writing_hand:

Plan, organize and execute 3 “Build Day” sessions in three different cities in Mexico. The build Days are spaces of 7 hours each where the local community, technology students and those who are passionate about blockchain technology meet to learn as a developer about NEAR Protocol and the Blockchain Operating System (BOS), listen to talks and build quick solutions that allow ecosystem growth. In addition to adding them to NEAR’s decentralization initiatives such as the use of decentralized interfaces, the use of NEAR Social and the verification of i-am-human.

Schedule of activities :watch:

First Build Day.

• Mexico City, Mexico
  • It will be held the last week of October
  • Manager: @pamm.nico
  • Venue: To be defined

Second build day.

• Western Pacific Ocean, Mexico
  • It will be held in mid-November
  • Manager: @irvingcong
  • Venue: Technological University of the Coast

Roadmap :construction:

The dates proposed here may change depending on the financing repayment date.

The last build Day.

Here you can see photos of the last build Day celebrated by the Open Web Academy community. Event held without funding, which had its open invitation here and managed to generate more than 20 interactions on near.social
https://twitter.com/openwebacademy_/status/1681076211835981824
https://twitter.com/_Irvinggg/status/1681110005884305411
https://twitter.com/openwebacademy_/status/1681010812524150789

KPI’s per Buidl Day :dart:

• 60 participants developing components for BOS
  • 60 new near wallets created from the Keypom dapp
  • +60 posts on NEAR social using the hashtag #BuilDay and sharing images from the bootcamp
  • 1 On-chain bootcamp opinion pool using the BOS EasyPoll component
  • 60 participants minting an NFT in their wallet for participating

How do their activities drive builders and developers?

The “Build Days” are primarily designed for university students with experience in software development. Through this bootcamp, they will have their first approach to decentralized technology, with NEAR being their main ally. In addition, those who already have experience with other chains are invited and supported to migrate their projects and showcase them on the Blockchain Operating System.

At the same time, the resources generated in these spaces feed public repositories of components, facilitating future developments for both these participants and others.

What mechanisms will they use to track and report onboarded users, engagement, transactions?

Participants in these activities, as well as in future ones, are enlisted in the mailing lists of the Open Web Academy community. They are invited weekly to virtual activities aimed at furthering the development of builders for web 3.0. Additionally, these participants become the primary audience for hackathons organized and supported by NEAR. For example, participants from the previous Build Day were invited and are currently participating in the BOS hacks hackathon. This information is confirmed through the on-chain registration of the hackathon.

Furthermore, when activities related to the NEAR protocol are held, these past participants are invited and motivated through the Open Web Academy Telegram channel to take part. This has allowed us to track up to 40 voters who emerged from our events on this occasion.

Cost :coin:

Total: $4100 USD

:credit_card:Wallet for funding: open-web-academy.sputnik-dao.near

11 Likes

Hello @irvingcong ! I am happy to support your proposal. Please include in KPIs:

• numbers of active Developers
  • numbers of Tools on BOS

Thank you!!

4 Likes

Of course, it is a metric that we can include. Thanks for the support :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

Hi @irvingcong – thanks for the proposal. This is a proposal that is in line with the MDAO focus for August and includes multiple build days with content from a team that has proven its expertise and credibility within the ecosystem.

I can support this!

3 Likes

Thanks for the support, happy to collaborate :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Hi @irvingcong reviewed your proposal and your past sucesses. Happy to support but please ensure that you keep in mind and align with the KPIs as mentioned by @Dacha

3 Likes

Hi @irvingcong,

Thank you for your proposal. Thank you for including the detailed curriculum along with your proposal.

I am happy to support your proposal, please be sure to include the promotion of the NDC elections throughout some of the workshops.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s support!
I can see that the title was changed from Proposal to Accepted, and finally changed to Proposal again. Is there a missing step for final acceptance?

1 Like

Hi @irvingcong – I am following up on this proposal, which was postponed for review after not reaching a conclusion during the previous review period. Last month, we asked to postpone this due to:

• Budgetary constraints - we cannot fund all proposals from the community and at times have to delay final decisions based on a number of factors related to total funding available and budgetary approval.

In considering this proposal again after postponement, can you provide:

• An updated timeline for this event given the postponed decision. When will this take place, if approved?
  • Details on how current MDAO September KPIs will be supported by this proposal? Specifically, how will your bootcamp lead to new users and publications on NEAR Social and ongoing transactions? We need to see that stated in the proposal, not just number of attendees. How are these objectives integrated into the bootcamp?
  • A revised funding request at a lower price point. The price point is difficult for us to justify given the KPIs you’ve stated. It is a very high CAC. Is there a way to reduce this event to a single day or take other measures cut this by roughly 50%?

Thanks for your consideration.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks for the comment @so608

I have updated the proposal with the notes you indicated.
Here I note the most important changes I made to the proposal.

• The new KPIs aligned with the September objectives were specified, especially interaction with dapps and development with BOS
  • Questions were answered.
    ** How do their activities drive builders and developers?
    ** What mechanisms will they use to track and report onboarded users, engagement, transactions?
  • Adjusted the number of build days to implement
  • Added roadmap for this proposal
  • The requested amount was changed to 50% less, taking care of the quality proposal

I look forward to reviewing these changes, thanks again

2 Likes

Thanks for the revisions @irvingcong – happy to support – moving to approved.

Next steps:

Your application was approved by Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO at NDC. The approved proposal will be included in the next MDAO budget request to NDC trust. The trust needs to authorize it first and then transfer funds to Marketing DAO treasury: the expected payment date is the last week of September.

So, during this time, please do the following:

1. Fill out the form to pass KYC

2. Wait for future instruction from Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO and an invitation to create a transfer on Astro DAO.

3. Please join NDC Marketing HUB to discuss this and future projects.

4. Refer to the Marketing DAO Funding Guide as needed.

2 Likes

The KYC form has already been completed and the fractal verification is done. Thanks for the follow up :handshake:

2 Likes

Dear @irvingcong !
Our request to NDC trust has been approved. So please, create a transfer from Marketing DAO treasure to your wallet. Marketing DAO Proposal Funding Guide - Updated August 2023
Thank you very much!

2 Likes

thanks @Dacha
The proposal on AstroDao is done :white_check_mark:

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-849

2 Likes

Hello, @irvingcong, Could you please share your reports with me asap ? Thank you

Hello @Bakaka
The completion of these activities will be until November 16, as was marked on the roadmap. Do you want me to present the report of what has been done so far or do we wait for a final report with all the information?

1 Like

Yeah, report on what you have done so far.

1 Like

Im sorry for the delay in the report, I share it now with enthusiasm :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone!
This is te second part about this proposal. Thanks for your support! :mechanical_arm::mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

Kudos buddy :raised_hands: y’all did a great job :clap:

1 Like