Hello, NEAR FAMILY. I resubmit this proposal so that it can be evaluated under the new guidelines of the MDAO. The last occasion this same proposal was closed. I am delighted to be able to continue collaborating and attentive to any questions
Proposal to carry out 3 days of construction focused on Blockchain Operating System in three cities in Mexico.
Since 2022, the Open Web Academy community has focused on attracting new users to the NEAR Protocol through IRL events, specifically hackathons, construction events, where attendees get together, learn about the NEAR Protocol and create new solutions for the ecosystem. . In our last three events we have added +200 new users, +15 projects based on NEAR and with the latest protocol technology we have added +5 new widgets for BOS. For this reason we want to reinforce these spaces aimed at a Spanish-speaking public and promoting the use of BOS and NEAR.
The Open Web Academy has been testing NEAR certified bootcamps, and its members have worked for the past two years on NEAR Protocol educational projects, as well as building and configuring NEAR validator nodes in Stakewars III.
Our team includes:
- Nicole Arreola : Professor of software development and dev relations
- Alan Estrada : NEAR certified developer and co-founder of web 3.0 projects at NEAR.
- Irving Cariño : Certified NEAR Analyst, NEAR Professor and Google Lv2 Professor.
OWA social networks.
- NEAR Social: near.social/owa
- NEAR Horizon NEAR Horizon / OWA
- Website: https://ow.academy/
- Youtube: Open Web Academy - YouTube
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/openwebacademy_
- Telegram: Telegram: Contact @openwebhouse
- Discord: Open Web Academy
- Tiktok: owa (@openwebacademy) | TikTok
Plan, organize and execute 3 “Build Day” sessions in three different cities in Mexico. The build Days are spaces of 7 hours each where the local community, technology students and those who are passionate about blockchain technology meet to learn as a developer about NEAR Protocol and the Blockchain Operating System (BOS), listen to talks and build quick solutions that allow ecosystem growth. In addition to adding them to NEAR’s decentralization initiatives such as the use of decentralized interfaces, the use of NEAR Social and the verification of i-am-human.
- Mexico City, Mexico
- It will be held the last week of October
- Manager: @pamm.nico
- Venue: To be defined
- Western Pacific Ocean, Mexico
- It will be held in mid-November
- Manager: @irvingcong
- Venue: Technological University of the Coast
The dates proposed here may change depending on the financing repayment date.
Here you can see photos of the last build Day celebrated by the Open Web Academy community. Event held without funding, which had its open invitation here and managed to generate more than 20 interactions on near.social
- 60 participants developing components for BOS
- 60 new near wallets created from the Keypom dapp
- +60 posts on NEAR social using the hashtag #BuilDay and sharing images from the bootcamp
- 1 On-chain bootcamp opinion pool using the BOS EasyPoll component
- 60 participants minting an NFT in their wallet for participating
How do their activities drive builders and developers?
The “Build Days” are primarily designed for university students with experience in software development. Through this bootcamp, they will have their first approach to decentralized technology, with NEAR being their main ally. In addition, those who already have experience with other chains are invited and supported to migrate their projects and showcase them on the Blockchain Operating System.
At the same time, the resources generated in these spaces feed public repositories of components, facilitating future developments for both these participants and others.
What mechanisms will they use to track and report onboarded users, engagement, transactions?
Participants in these activities, as well as in future ones, are enlisted in the mailing lists of the Open Web Academy community. They are invited weekly to virtual activities aimed at furthering the development of builders for web 3.0. Additionally, these participants become the primary audience for hackathons organized and supported by NEAR. For example, participants from the previous Build Day were invited and are currently participating in the BOS hacks hackathon. This information is confirmed through the on-chain registration of the hackathon.
Furthermore, when activities related to the NEAR protocol are held, these past participants are invited and motivated through the Open Web Academy Telegram channel to take part. This has allowed us to track up to 40 voters who emerged from our events on this occasion.
Total: $4100 USD
Wallet for funding: open-web-academy.sputnik-dao.near