[APPLICATION] “Sowing Seeds” residency June 2022

Continuar a discussão de [PROPOSAL] Sowing Seeds - Monthly Artistic Residency:

Hey! My name is Bárbara de Sousa and I got introduced to this monthly artistic residency by Maria Ferreira, a former selected artist. I’m really grateful for Maria, Eddie and all the Garden Collective team for the consideration and invitation to participate in this amazing and exciting new experience. I’m familiar with the concepts of cryptocurrency and NFT’s but this opportunity will be my first real contact with both.

I’m a multidisciplinary visual-artist focused on drawing from Lisbon, Portugal. My education is strongly based in visual-arts - I studied Drawing at the University of Fine-Arts in Lisbon and since a young age I did several workshops and complementary courses on various mediums and techniques of drawing and painting.

My research is focussed on the exploitation of the matter and the search for its complete graphic reduction. With the ambition to reach a valid alternative certainty, I found meaning in the exercise of transforming the limits of a definitive certainty and this transformation assumes a reality beyond what is considered known.

I would like to take this opportunity to continuing to explore this same idea but having the digital world in mind. I think it would be interesting to try and bend the limits between 2D and 3D through textures and depths. The result i’m looking for is a series (a minimum of 4 pieces but will try to accomplish a few more) that will grab the attention of the audience and make them reach their hands to the screen to try to feel something. I’m really excited to learn and enter the NFT’s world with a project like this.

You can check out my work at instagram:

My near wallet is:
desousa.near

Thanks for the opportunity

Much Love

3 Likes

Thank you @desousa !
Final pieces digitised, minted and 3XR gallery created from them:

3xr.space

“This Time Goes By Slowly” - Sowing Seeds Residency

A series of six NFT’s created as part of the monthly artistic residence “Sowing Seeds” promoted by Garden Collective. By exploring engraving, drawing and collage techniques I tried to bend the limits between 2D and 3D through textures and depths that…

You can see each of the individual NFTs minted on the Garden mintbase store here:

#1 This Time Goes By Slowly
#2 This Time Goes By Slowly
#3 This Time Goes By Slowly
#4 This Time Goes By Slowly
#5 This Time Goes By Slowly
#6 This Time Goes By Slowly

1 Like