Announcement Of The VanChan Song Challenge Winners

@vandal did you not ‘lose’ at the Nearnauts Anthem challenge?

I really loved your entry. I thought it was world-class stuff.

3 Likes

That is correct! Didn’t even make the top 3… Its cool though, I’m releasing the song through SoundSplash on the 8th of June :grin:

3 Likes

Awesome! Be glad to listen again.

I remember trembling at the idea that you left Canada to go to Portugal to record the Nearnauts Anthem (in a really dope studio) yet you didn’t get picked! :scream:

I have paid producers for entries that didn’t make top 3 too. :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Hi all,

It’s great to see several people participating in a community challenge. It is never fun to not get chosen in a contest (I have also experienced this) but I would encourage @zuzzi & @RonVon to uphold the values of NEAR and remain respectful in your responses. We encourage everyone to speak up for themselves, but when issues or concerns are present, disrespectful language is not an acceptable forum of dealing with it here.

Judging art is always going to be subjective. In my opinion, after looking over this thread and reading the telegram messages, it seems as though the Van DAO team gave their honest opinions towards the songs. I am just one perspective in a greater community of many people. I encourage everyone to use situations like this to find solutions and build better systems together. Perhaps folks can propose solutions that can be implemented in future challenges so participants may feel comfortable that they are receiving the most objective judgment possible.

Be well all!

4 Likes