Introducing VanDAO

Greetings from the Metaverse and beyond!

As a child I always pictured my self as an inventor. I would draft ideas I came up with, mostly invented to make my life easier, and I was inspired by robotics, computers, space exploration and… Well, basically science fiction. My curiosity and desire to tinker with the things that grip my interest is one that brought me from making analog music to minting Audio NFTs. But I’m sure by now you already know who I am, Founder of DAOrecords, enabler of the NEAR x Music guild and DAO and also known as the Rare Vandal.

So what the heck is a VanDAO?

Rather than repeat myself, I’d like to direct you to a post I wrote about it on Medium. But for the purpose of this post… TLDR:

I’ll be using this DAO to collect and fund the creation of various NFTs by the community. My first exploration with this will be through my first bounty campaign that will take place via Paras (& Mintbase). I’m still working through the theme, but I’m leaning to the direction of doing something long the lines of a cyber-manga VanCHAN or VanGAN to kick things off. What do you think?

Essentially, and for the sake of transparent governance, this introduction will lead into a funding request I plan on submitting to Creatives DAO to kickstart VanDAO into 2022 and launch a couple of collaborative community projects I feel will be beneficial to the ecosystem.

In fact, I’ve taken it upon myself to begin the process with a bounty I recently closed for the design of a new Rare Vandal logo and I’m happy to announce we have a winner! I’ll be announcing it shortly across social media and might end up tagging it here.

With that said, I hope to support the creative ecosystem on NEAR through the VanDAO (Yes, it’s already deployed on Astro!) and do some cool shit!

Update:

I’ve created a Wiki for VanDAO with more details, including a rough roadmap. (12/12/21)

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you have any thoughts of questions I’ll be happy to answer them in the comments below!

9 Likes

Nice to read ! have an amazing year! :musical_note:

2 Likes

Hey thanks @frado feel free to join the experiment if you want through our telegram or community activities & bounties!

2 Likes