[WEEK 9-10] Filipino Artist Guild Art Challenge

“Thom ang taga tumba”
“TUMBANG PRESO”
also known as tumba lata or bato lata, is a traditional Filipino children’s game. The game involves throwing a slipper at a can or bottle, which one player - the tayà - attempts to guard. The game is usually played in backyards, parks, or in streets when there is little traffic in an area.

infinite painter

Near wallet: wincreation.near

8 Likes

When we were still kids we used to see our elder brother play “Agawan Buko” on the streets. Strength, agilty, speed, and willpower are the things you need here as a player in order to win. The buko is seen as a trophy, because if you get that buko and put it to your base, you win! But in order to win, you need to face trials, and what are those trials? It’s none other than the slippery buko, your opponents, and the rough road. All of these are similar to our lives, we face trials in order to succeed. But despite those trials, Filipino always smile, that’s why whatever country we are in we always know that "it is more fun in the Philippines!

mariusarts.near

13 Likes

Takyan, or SIPA is one of the most favorite childhood game of filipinos because of its simple rules and accessibility. It is also exciting and challenging as it requires speed, agility, and also ball control skills. In my drawing, the ball that she used to play is a coin-like object with strips of cloth/plastic straws attached to it. Sipa can be played by two or more players, but it can also be played alone.

bardz.near

7 Likes

Yung akala ko walang mag jojoin kasi nakalimutan kung i Post sa Fb at twitter hahaha kabado bente singko si ligaya :sweat_smile::rofl:

7 Likes

“Ang Piko” by rueryesun.near

Kalimitan nating nakikita at naririnig sa ating kapaligiran— sa gilid ng bahay, sa kalsada o mapa sa bukid man— ang masasayang tawanan ng mga bata tuwing alas-3 na ng hapon.

Isa na ata sa pinakapaborito kong laro noon ay ang “piko” o tinatawag nilang Hop scotch sa Ingles.

Nilalaro siya gamit lamang ang bato, o ang ating pamato na siyang ating ihahagis sa mga nakasulat na numero sa sahig ( sa loob ng box ) at siyang ating pupulutin din. Dapat ay hindi mo matapakan ang numerong kinalalapatan ng iyong pamato , o matapakan ang guhit o linya, dahil kung nagkataon ay di ka aabante at baka matalo ka pa.

Ang piko ay kadalasang nilalaro kapag maaraw, pero naranasan niyo na bang laruin ito matapos ang ulan?

Isa iyon sa pinakanakakatawa pero di makakalimutang alaala ng aking pagkabata.

Naglaro kami matapos ang isang malakas na ulan, mayroong nadulas ako, ganoon na rin ang aking mga kalaro, ano pa nga ba ang nangyari? Namantsahan ang aming damit na siyang nagdulot ng palo sa pwet ng tsinelas at sinturon.

Ang kuya ko na siyang nanalo sa laro ay siya ring panalo sa palo.

Masasabi ko na lang na, Piko ay katumbas rin ng palo. :relieved:

English translation:

We often see and hear in our neighborhood— on the side of the house, on the street, even on county’s— the happy laughter of children at 3 o’clock in the afternoon.

One of my favorite games back then was “piko” or what they call Hop scotch in English. He is played with only the stone, or our checkers which we will throw at the numbers written on the floor (inside the box) and which we will also pick up. You should not step on the number on your checker, or step on the line, because by chance you will not be able to advance and you may be beaten.

‘Piko’ is usually played when it is sunny, but have you ever experienced playing it after the rain?

It was one of the funniest but most memorable memories of my childhood. We played after a heavy rain, I slipped , so did my teammates, what else happened? Our clothes were stained which caused a slap on the butt of the slippers and belt.

You know what’s even funnier?

My older brother who won the game also won the beating.

I guess it’s safe to say that, Piko is also equivalent to a spanking. ⁇ :joy:

7 Likes

Hide and seek (tagu-taguan)

This is probably the most popular game that Pinoy get really into. This game mostly played at night time because it’s much thrilling since it could be a disadvantage for the “Taya” or the person who seek for the hiders, it might become a challenge for him to find others in dark time. On the other hand, it is a advantage for the hiders since they cannot be easily found because of it’s night time and they have a lot of spots where to hide. The Tagu-taguan should compose at least 5 players because it includes teamwork and need strategy to save each other.

(naalala ko yung nag iisang kalaro ko na nagtago hanggang di ko na nakita kasi lumipat na pala sya ng bahay kinabukasan :frowning:
Hanggang ngayon ako pa din yung taya at naghahanap sa kanya.)

App used: Infinite painter
Near id: senon15.near

8 Likes

LASTIKO
“a Ilocano term- for garter”

After many hours spending our time to play outside the street until the sunset strikes we can’t forget our greatest childhood memories is to be outside play freely with no hesitations to do.

Chinese Garter, a game requiring flexibility, adjust and coordination, is a famous game for Filipino kids, most particularly among young ladies amid their elementary years. The game rotates around a normal garter, around a few yards in length, which be brought from sewing store at around twenty pesos or less.

louietism.near

11 Likes

“Trumpo”

Turumpo or trumpo is a native Filipino game which is a popular outdoor game. Turumpo’s shape is a combination of half sphere on top and conical section at the bottom where the common iron nail is attached. A 80 to 100 cm string will be twirled starting from nail tip to the half of wooden body then throwing it in the flat ground to make it spin. For me, trumpo game is highly influenced by the anime “Beyblade” ; a spinning top toy invented in Japan. So as a kid, while playing trumpo, I imagine my trumpo as a spinning beyblade with special powers​:joy:. My imagination at that time is what makes this a nostalgic and magical game for me. As the famous commercial on Krim Stix said, “Imagination mo ang limit”.

jeremiah9520.near

4 Likes

I lived nearly in a slum area and I have experience the good side behind adversity. We lived from places to places and now for almost 15 yrs of being in this place, I first wished for a permanent settlement whereas we have a good neighborhood away from over populated community - the sound of vehicles, chattering ‘marites’, smokes of ‘chuchuyans’, noisy children, and sabong or any kind of gambling. Eventually, I’ve come to appreciate these noises, the ‘reporters ng bayan’, the megaphone mouth of Aling Ana, the ihaw-ihaw of Maring Tess, and the lol times with drivers and tambays. Mostly, I make friends through playing games with them which I rarely did before. In this picture, I have displayed the common street games we used to play that millennials now rarely do. What I want to imply to the audience is a minute to go back in time whereas smiles are genuine and life is simple. The amount of laughters and joys are priceless which I’m thankful for since I came to this place. Now, what I’ve dislike became a precious memories.

dopey27.near

7 Likes

Tumbang Preso, or tumba lata is one of the popular games play in the Philippines. This game is mostly played on backyards, open areas, and most commonly, streets. One of my favorite street games​:sparkles::face_with_hand_over_mouth: I can say that you can’t beat when it comes to this hahahahahaha, well if you’re good at running you will probably survive and will not be the “taya” :nail_care::fire:

cedieee.near

6 Likes

Hi! This is my entry for the Filipino Artist Guild challenge and this game is called “Larong Holen”. When I was a kid I’ve always saw my friends playing this game. And out of curiosity, I ask them on how to play it, they told me how it works and I loved and enjoy this game so much. And as you can see in the art I made, there’s also a can and a slipper, and that means another game which I enjoy playing too. It is called " Tumbang preso". Me and my friends always play this game and I feel like this made my childhood journey complete. I will never forget how this games made me so happy when I was a kid. Thanks FAG for this opportunity, God bless you all<33

kyra_27.near

5 Likes

Luksong tinik or “jumping over thorns” is a popular game when we were a child. The game is also so simple. Players needs to sit on the ground and other players jumping over their feet and hands.

jariavex.near

4 Likes

PIKO o sigking palda :two_hearts:

isa sa mga kinalakhan kong laro :heart:
Napakasayang alalahanin mga panahon na bata pa, pero nakakalungkot din kasi yung mga panahon nayun hindi na babalik pa, sobrang bilis ng pagbabago ng panahon,
Ang dating pinaglalaruan ng sigking palda, ngayon isang delikadong kalsada na, ang dating ilog na pinagliliguan ng karamihan ngayon puro basura na, ang bukid na pasyalan ng lahat ngayon delikado na.

Mga panahon ng pagkakataon, may babalik pa ang kahapon :microphone::musical_score:

Note: pasensya na po kung mukang minadali :two_hearts: ang nais ko lang makasali kahit sobrang busy ko ngayon. Ang ganda kasi ng theme :heart:

amazinggrace011522.near

3 Likes

We are going To closed The Submission at Exact 12 midnight, Goodluck Guys :heart::rocket::rocket::philippines::philippines::philippines:

4 Likes

Submission Is Closed.
Goodluck to all Participants :heart::fire::fire:
Lfg​:rocket::rocket::philippines::philippines:

6 Likes

Good luck everyone! As usual, ginalingan nyo masyadooooo
You Got This Good Luck Today GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

Grabe Good luck sa inyo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

naipost ko naman 1 day na nga lang bago ma end :sneezing_face::grin: sorna.

3 Likes

Everyone, good morning and evening :hugs:

We’d like to thank everyone who participated in the Week 9-10 Art Challenge, especially those who Placed in the top six.

The concept is
:star2: PHILIPPINES STREET GAMES​:star2:

PRIZE WINNERS::star2:

1sr 7N - @dopey27.near
2nd 5N - @JRAWSArts
3rd 4N - @mariusarts.near
4th 3.5N - @iron_oxide
5th 2.5N - @senon15
6th 2N - @kyra_27.near

A TOTAL OF 24 NEAR​:fire:

We would like to congratulate the winners, especially those who adhered to the Concept and Rules.

Everyone was captivated by the concept’s purity.

Particularly your imagination.

We truly admire you because your inventiveness shines through in all of our weekly tasks.

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Please Submit a Proposal to Our Astro Dao.

For the tutorial, see the pinned post in our Telegram.

Thank you to everyone who took part.:hugs:

5 Likes

Hala, Thank You Po ng Marami FAG​:heart_eyes:.

2 Likes