[WEEK 7-WEEK 8] (CLOSE) Filipino Artist Guild Art Challenge

BALUT VENDOR

Hello Fellas​:hugs:
This is a Modern Balut Vendor, It is traditionally being sold by the streets during the night time until dawn. Vendors usually carry a basket where the egg are place. But here in my Character he’s carrying a cylinder capsule to keep the egg warm and fresh during the night, he’s also wearing protective gear coz there’s still the threat of the virus and the color of his suit is inspired on the Philippines flag. I chose this because when I was a kid my Mom and Dad are going outside just to buy Balut and it taste so good.
And this is also a common job here in the Philippines I still see lot of them here in our area but now they’re using bikes and sidecars which is way more convenient than before but still Balut is the best​:ok_hand:t2::heart:

camzmorticia.near

20 Likes

My Entry “Kakanin Vendors”

This is my simple Digital Art “Kakanin Vendors” as i choose this Art because when i was young i remember my mother selling kakanin and puto,bibingka. I have vivid memory , some flashback remains in my head that im carrying doll while im with my mother while shes selling kakanin.
I was just 6 yrs old when i have this memory and i see my mother how she works hard selling kakanin so that we can earn money.

I dedicated my Arts to her as i see her my inspiration. I know my talent is not good enough and my skills lacks of experience but i do believe that “if we work hard on something, we will gain on something”. So no matter what people says how work you do, what work you do, still give your best shot from what you can achieve and never lose hope even if trials came in our life.

jami2017.near

13 Likes

Taaahhoooo!! Tahhhhooooooo!! Tahhhhoooooo!!

I’m sure you’ve heard this battle cry at some point in your life as well. That even sleeping children will automatically wake-up just to go outside and buy these mysterious man also known as the Magtatahos’ magical snack in a cup. Feeling nostalgic right? But don’t worry even if we are older than we used to be, we can still taste the tahos’ magic in a cup for only 10 pesos.

Did you know that Taho, a Filipino snack comprised of soft/silken tofu or bean curd, sago (small tapioca pearls), and sweet caramelized sugar syrup, is an iconic and ubiquitous street hawker meal that is still popular today? This characteristic sweet is a traditional comfort meal that can be found all around the country. Its origins may be traced back to Chinese influences, and it has since become a popular choice among generations of people. However, finding a taho vendor on the road is a gamble.

amszone.near

21 Likes

Nasan yung texture?..

2 Likes

Yung texture po lods is yung parang traditional painting effect ganun hahahah, actually di masyado halata yung texture ng canvas pero pag ni-zoom mo po dun po lilitaw hehehe​:relaxed:

1 Like

Ah oo nga. Di lang sya kita. Astig men

2 Likes

Hahahahaha thank you lodibellss​:sparkles::pleading_face:

2 Likes

The Battle of a Bread Vendor

We all dream of having a good life. A life where you don’t worry about what tomorrow might bring. A life where you get to spend your day without doing anything but you can still continue living comfortably. However, that’s not the case for all people because sometimes, we just try and make both ends meet. This lady is a depiction of how some of us try to survive. “Tinapaaay, tinapay kayo dyan!” is her way of saying I want to live, provide for my family, survive. Just because you are in a situation where everything seems to just not fall into place doesn’t mean you can’t withstand it. Bread has been a part of the history. It has been mentioned in different stories and different eras and it has been a symbol of culture, history, hunger, wealth, war, and peace.

I chose to share the story of a bread vendor who doesn’t have much but only the willingness to survive and win the battle called life. I chose to share the story of every human being who’s striving to stand when everything around them is trying to put them down. I chose to share the story of most people who deserves a standing ovation and a round of applause. Kudos to those who choose to survive.

unicohijo.near

16 Likes

Sol and Luna

This art piece signifies the powers of a female individual. It illustrates that they can do anything without hesitation because we are all considered equally capable of doing daily tasks for us to survive. The main focal point of my representation of the filipino vernacular on their common jobs is that we should remove our mindset of stereotyping that women are not capable of doing a manly job! Sol and Luna are two different persons with unique filipino ethnicity which they clearly show that as a balut seller at night or a smoked fish seller by day, they truly love what they are doing! Luna also sells sampaguita as a side hussle so that she can make an extra profit from what she’s selling. I’ve made them into a two unique Goddesses because they are the reason why their loved ones are still living and seeing them as a powerful deities will be their relatives point of view for sure! The ratio of having a job according to their gender may be unbalanced but seeing a female person doing a manly job is such an exquisite/rare sight to see. I want to let my piece to be the voices of the female community and just by simply seeing this will surely explains everything that they wanted to say.

Statistics:
Total strokes made: 36142
Tracked time: 23 hrs and 6 minutes
Size: 5000x4090 px

yoneru.near

19 Likes

"Day in the Life: Spending a Day with a Taho Vendor"

Most chaps would be sound asleep (or, depending on how you work, just about to sleep) at the sacred hour that is 3 am. But for Kuya Jonathan—a longtime vendor of taho in and around the University of the Philippines Diliman campus—it is the go signal to get out of bed and start his day. Without having had breakfast, he makes his way to the “pabrika”, or the factory. It’s a seemingly small space that resembles a house from the outside, bound by a netted gate. The soy pudding, the syrup, and sago are prepared here. It is dark and quite chilly in the wee hours of the morning. And while we struggle in an attempt to suppress our yawns, Kuya Jonathan moves briskly and energetically as he, along with other taho vendors, collects his daily allocation of taho ingredients.

We are not allowed inside, but he emerges with the two filled-up aluminum buckets over his shoulder. “ Mga 50 kilo ho [siya kabigat] (‘It is around 50 kilos in weight’)”, he tells us—sans any physical signs of struggling. In spite of his relatively stoic character at the beginning, his positive demeanor reveals itself as he happily accommodates us, offering us seats as he does a final check of his supply for the day. After some 10-20 minutes, we formally embark on the taho-peddling journey.

My entry for this week challenge :heart:

mitchie.near

12 Likes

Please Follow The Rules and Mechanics So your Entries will be accepted and not be Disqualified .

Original Artworks Only
Backgrounds From Google and pinterest :heavy_multiplication_x:.

2 Likes

Painting title: “Halimuyak”

Rosalinda—a Sampaguita vendor sat in her favorite spot in the white lake. It’s almost 7 in the morning and it’s a part of her daily routine to breathe in fresh air as she prepares the flowers turning them into a beautiful garlands before she go to the city to sell them.

Sampaguita (Jasminum sambac) is Philippines’ National Flower. It is believed to symbolize purity, fidelity and hope. It is one of the source of income of most of the young filipino women for centuries, especially those who were deprived of luxurious life.

In this painting, it shows contenment and hope just like what the Sampaguita and butterfly symbolizes. Despite of being poor, Filipino always find ways to smile and appreciate things around them. They’re so hardworking. They thrive in this cruel world because most of them always look on the bright side, that in every rain there will always be a sunshine after.

nicama.near

19 Likes

Hey fam let me see your (WIPs)

Work in progress,Line arts with layers thanks
@Nikki000 @cedrick.near @unicohijo @digie_arts
Thanks.

4 Likes

Hello po, i dont have much layer cuz i basically almost painted everything on a single layer, yung bg lang tsaka subject yung separate layer​:sparkles:

9 Likes

Ito po ang akin :grin: wala pong lineart

11 Likes

twinblade_ph.near

My entry is called “Mamang Karpentero”

I chose this common job to portray because my dad was my inspiration to all of this…
My dad used to say, “It’s better to know many things and do it with yourself than rely it on somebody else”. That’s why he is my hero, he knows a lot of things; he knows how to be a plumber, a service driver, an artist too but most of his talent is more about woodwork and he is the one who build our house from the ground. He build this house not to be a place to live in but to be our HOME!!

Mamang Karpentero has been a common call to Carpenters that most Filipino knows, I make that as a title to generalize that most Filipino build their own house wherever the live and I think its a common talent that Filipinos forget to appreciate. Being a Carpenter is as noble as an Industrial Engineer

That’s why the quote I put it in the Art is “Build a Home, Like it’s Yours”

Thank you FAG for this another contest, Thanks to all the ones who facilitate this Guild especially miss @Ligaya

14 Likes

During pandemic, construction of buildings and houses was stopped because of safety protocols. I choose to make a construction worker for an entry for this week’s challenge, also as my tribute to our hard working workers for the celebration of Labor’s day on the 1st day of May.

I choose to make an art for this job because of thier unending determination and hard works just to build amazing building and houses even it may cause his life.

I saw them as an hero, a hero who can work under a burning sun and even when it rains. Their work was never been easy. Imagine, working almost a whole day just to meet the deadlines and provide their families need? It is really amazing how they can make an amazing houses and buildings from nothing.

I want to thank them for making us somewhere to lived, for building us the HOME we deserved.

SALUTE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS!
I’M SALUTE TO ALL WORKERS ALL OVER THE WORLD!

genvergara.near

13 Likes

Uploading: Untitled232_20220420155917.png…

2 Likes

MAGBUBUKO VENDOR

I chose the MAGBUBUKO VENDOR as a common job because first of all the buko symbolizes life which is why it called the tree of life, because of its many benefits. 
 There are many bukos here in the Philippines so we enjoying it. Moreover and it provides livelihood to our citizens like my chosen common job a buko vendor. It brings comfort not only to those who drink or eat it but also comfort for those who sell buko.

mhiemhie.near

12 Likes

MAMANG SORBETERO

The very typical Filipino way of life, in which anytime a ‘mamang sobetero’ rings his bell, children and adults rush out to buy ice cream. Friends and families get together to enjoy ice cream outside on the street, play games, and have a good time!
It’s as if it’s a rallying cry for unity, hope, and love, particularly in times of need and sorrow.

Whenever he visits, we all transform into children who have nothing to be concerned about, all of us are just focused on that ice cream

jldraws.near

11 Likes