[WEEK 7-WEEK 8] (CLOSE) Filipino Artist Guild Art Challenge

My friend Caloy won’t be able to submit his entry so he pleased me to do this instead, here is his entry
‘dress warrior’

Without the dressmaker, there is no dress.
caloy.near

11 Likes

Taho Vendor.
On our childhood, it’s been a daily morning routin to ambush Kuyang Magtataho. Kudos to the taho vendors who walks a long distance daily with a two uneven sized large containers carrying on their shoulders just to provide for their family’s need and to give joy to ever children waiting for them to past by their street. To our Taho vendors Just don’t forget to take a rest for a while waiting for the children to attack to buy their TAHO!

NEAR ID:
kira_grfx.near

14 Likes

=MIGHTY MASON=
In celebration of labor day this coming MAY 1 ,this artwork will serve as a tribute to all hardworking laborer.
I created this illustration showing their unbreakable will,toughness,strong personality and most importantly their fighting spirit to face the difficulty in life.
salute to all of you!!MABUHAY ANG MGA MANGGAGAWANG PILIPINO!!

stressedtomato.near

18 Likes

Tusok-Tusok Vendor

Tusok-tusok is a big part of Filipinos’ cravings. Tusok-Tusok consists of tokneneng, fishball, kikiam, squidball etc. Everywhere outside of schools, churches, department stores and many more tusok-tusok vendors are always present. At a cheap price, you can be full.

jcsarts.near

18 Likes

Tahô Vendor?

The Mágtatahô (tahô vendor) is a common sight on the streets of the Philippines.

Near ID: mikiiel_oc.near

17 Likes

Hey Fam, reminder Our Deadline is April 20 11:59 Midnight Goodluck Guys :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

My lolo used to be a farmer in our province, my tita has a little store in town, and my tito has been selling taho for more than two decades. They’ve been through a lot in their lives, and they’ve worked extremely hard to provide for their families, enduring every agony and wound. They are able to create a comfortable and good life for their family as a result of their perseverance and diligence. They are the ones who motivated me to keep going and give my best in everything, and I really learnt a lot from them. This work of art is my way of expressing my gratitude and reverence for their sacrifices and fondness.

“The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.”

• Robert Tew.

maxzeinly.near

23 Likes

Buying ice cream outside of school became a part of my routine when I was in elementary school. The ice cream vendor was one of the people who helped to make my childhood wonderful and fulfilled.

There’s no easy job, but walking under the blazing sun while pushing a large ice cream cart is tiresome, and they’re not sure if they’ll get a customer. I salute all of the Filipino ice cream vendors who work relentlessly to support their families.

Near ID:
digie.near

17 Likes

Please add your Near wallet in the description​:relaxed:
@digie_arts

2 Likes

This is my entry for Week 7 to 8 Filipino Artist Guild Art Challenge. The character that I used here is myself and I chose the Taho Seller as my concept of common job here in the Philippines. And the reason why I decided to chose Taho Seller is that taho became my most favorite food that I always ate every morning eversince I was just a child. Taho is also one of my comfort food that I love to eat.

kurtruss.near

15 Likes

@Ligaya Oh sorry ma’am I had a problem creating a near account, can I send the address tomorrow?

2 Likes

Yes sure, no worries bhe :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi! This is my entry and I choose the work CASHIER because I think this is one of the most common job here in the Philippines. I admire the hardwork, patience and dedication of the cashier workers. It’s not easy to stand a long day controlling your patience and providing services to costumers. Salute to all hardworking workers in the Philippines! MABUHAY!

Lastly, I just want to thank FAG community for giving us an opportunity to share and show off our creativity and skills. God bless you all!

My near id: kyra_27.near

26 Likes

“Magbubukid”
One of the most common source of income of people in Province, a very tough job​:pleading_face: from planting vegetables, harvesting, caring of soil, and domesticating animals, people usually lookdown on this kind of jobs but they don’t know how hard it is for this people to survive in their daily lives. Me actually is a magbubukid I live ina Province and actually I also experience how to plant rice under the burning sun a very exhausting job indeed. This is my second art because my first artwork was merely inspired by a painting of our national artist and I don’t know that it’s not allowed, so I immediately made a new one​:sob: right now I’m very nervous cuz i thought i will not be able to finish it​:sneezing_face:. Thank you​:relaxed::blush:

cedieee.near

23 Likes

Have a good luck! You are a wonderful artist

4 Likes

Thank you so much!:heartpulse::heartpulse:

2 Likes

“The Mananahi, 'Nay Lidya”

'Nay Lidya is a fictional character of mine depicting one of the common jobs in the Philippines which is the “Pananahi” or sewing/dressmaking/tailoring. Before, a lot of Filipino people out there already working in this field and their number increased more as of k-12 implementation in schooling or the senior high schooling, a lot of students especially me enrolled on the Technical Vocational Livelihood (TVL) - dressmaking/tailoring track. 'Nay Lidya is very good in “pananahi”. She is the one who makes the most beautiful dresses, suits, etc. and the top one “Mananahi” in their village. Do you know why? Well, it is because she has a magic pincushion bracelet that she puts on her left arm to turn her hair into tape measures and threads with sharp needles on their ends. This power helps her do her work fast and finish tasks in no time. What’s more amazing is that she also uses her hair as a defense mechanism against the enemies who are trying to steal her bracelet away from her and cut her hair to beat her eventually in the field of “pananahi”. Her magic pencussion bracelet is her gem that makes her successful in that field. In a logical way, 'Nay Lidya is a representation of Filipino dressmakers, fashion designers/artists out there that are successful in their passion but are being dragged down, defamed, sabotaged by those people who are jealous to their successes. But then, they used their great talent in “pananahi” to overcome those problems in their lives.

Key Terms:

1. Mananahi- a person who does dressmaking and the like.
  2. Pananahi- the process of making dress, suits, etc.

Near Wallet: ironoxide.near

19 Likes

Hello, kamusta mga kabayan?

Construction worker ang naisipan kong gawin sa aking obra upang ihalintulad ito sa aking papa. Si papa ay isang construction worker simula nang aking pagkabata eto na ang nag tawid ng aming buhay hanggang ngayon.
Kaya ko ito ginawang super hero kasi si papa ang maituturing kong super hero ng aming buhay kasi kahit kailan ndi sya sumuko sa kanyang trabaho para samin.

papichuloo11.near

17 Likes

“LINEMAN”

One of the common jobs in the Philippines, you can see them anywhere specially after typhoons. One of the most underrated work, but for me one of the Hardest work, risking their lives to fix our Electricity, even if it’s Raining or it’s too hot.

I called them Super Lineman because I witness some of them die while working, risking their lives to fix the electricity after typhoons, going to other town to help, even if it’s late in the evening they are on call, but some of them or most of them are underpaid.

For the linemans out there
You are appreciated :heart:
May this artwork reach you​:two_hearts:

amazinggrace011522.near

14 Likes

Hello there! Here’s my contribution to the Filipino Artist Guild for Weeks 7 and 8 of the Art Challenge. I made an illustration of a girl vendor in the middle of the night selling BBQ in traditional Filipino attire. It symbolizes the Filipinos right to wear as they like and be comfortable, regardless of their employment or social standing. The majority of Filipinos go out late at night in search of food, and we frequently encounter BBQ that appears to be delicious.

NEAR WALLET : jamesbagoart.near

16 Likes