- Timon Wong: Financial Analyst, Public Sector, Trisolaris Moderator, Crypto enthusiast
- Aleida Castillo: Languages Teacher, Translator (English - French - Spanish), Forex trader
- Roman Kunin: Senior Software Operations Manager, Crypto Analyst
- Elias Amal: Senior Software Developer, Digital Artist
Website: www.nearcan.io (TBA)
Telegram: Telegram: Join Group Chat
Near Wallet: nearca.near, nearcanada.near
To empower Canadians with the knowledge of Web 3.0 and NEAR technology.
About NEAR Canada
The first Canadian network of the NEAR community. We want to onboard individuals from all 13 provinces and territories through education, support, and collaboration. We also aim to be the aggregated data hub for anything NEAR.
“Canada is home to the world’s largest tech hubs, growing and attracting innovative talent from across the globe. Our diverse, highly educated and growing tech talent pool continuously attracts investments from global businesses, including the world’s ten largest technology companies.” - Invest Canada.
With such a technologically advanced country, it may surprise most that Crypto is relatively quiet here. It is estimated that only 11% of Canadians own cryptocurrency - Statista. The amount of people interacting with cryptocurrency projects is probably a lot less. We would like to change that.
We will proactively seek out developers, creators, artists and investors interested in joining the Web 3.0 movement. The Web 3 idea is still in its infancy, and most people are not aware of what it might be or how it can benefit them. Our first step is to educate why decentralization, digital ownership, permissionless protocols, open data, and financial freedom are important. Our end goal is to have users familiar with these concepts for when Web 3.0 is embedded in our everyday lives.
Vision in 2022
Education & Support:
We will be focusing on core concepts and the basics of blockchain and Web 3.0 during the first couple of months. This will be reflected in our socials so that we have a strong foundation for our guild. Some talking points will include:
- What is Web 3.0 and its benefits?
- What are Blockchain and Cryptocurrency?
- What are the different types of Cryptocurrency?
- How do I get started?
- How can I apply my expertise to Web 3.0?
- 1 Medium blog/week
- 1 original infographic (on social) / week
- 7 tweets to promote NEAR community/week
- Reach out to communities for education sessions and onboarding support (ie. artists, developers) - schools or online forums
- Learning & Development and/or Lunch & Learn sessions within the government
As a starting guild, this is where our main focus will be to maximize our reach to all Canadians. Goals:
- Launch our website
- Setup all socials
- Market to online Canadian communities (ie. forums, subreddits)
Data & Development:
Data will be our core to bring value to Near protocol and the entire community. We will be introducing metrics from basic to complex on our website.
Recently, NFT google searches surpassed Crypto related searches. NFT may be a big driver in onboarding new users. Launching our own will be an amazing and fun way for Near Canada to differentiate itself.
- Launch DAO
- Launch Canadian themed NFT through a NEAR NFT launchpad (free giveaway)
- Basic, advance and complex metrics/stats/data
- Onboarding new members
- Guide the community through the ecosystem.
- Promotes education supported by the different educational media already active in the community: LearnNear Club, Near Academy, Near University, Near Wiki, White paper, etc.
- Invite members to contribute and generate value to the guild and the ecosystem.
- Establish a translator team (English - French)
- Regular calls, meets, AMA…
- monthly reports
First meeting - Ideas
Soc networks, wallet opening, etc
Roles definitions and team recruitment
Introducing basic metrics
Start Canadian themed NFT project
Initiate education sessions in a government body and/or schools
Introducing advanced metrics
Completed most socials and our council. We also started introducing much-needed basic data, which received an enormous reception from the community. Leveraging the popularity of the current NFT setting, we brought data to everyone. Our Twitter was at 20 following just 3 days ago. We started providing data on Feb 1, and here is where we are at:
Example of data: 2/3/2022
To come soon: Weekly and monthly charts. Working with Paras team on other metrics.
We have achieved a great deal of progress in a short amount of time. Our daily NFT data has been received extremely well from the community (NEAR and other Chains), NFT projects, NEAR guilds and external vendors. Many wanted to collaborate.
We have a talented team with many ideas and will be moving very fast in the space!