TRANSF🔴RM. ARMY of NEAR :) Vinnytsia. Conference "Money of the Future"

You’ll have to provide some context on this one for me, ashamedly monolingual here :raising_hand_man:

Or is this from the above conference?

1 Like

[quote=“David_NEAR, post:20, topic:6745”]
just wasn’t personally sure whether rallying legislators for changes to the legal status of crypto fell under the umbrella of the Community Fund.

Anyhow, that’s not an issue.

It’s super important that you guys ensure you don’t promise payments, execute work, or undertake initiatives with the assumption that funding will be distributed for it.
[/quote We dont promise any payments, we only made contact and take consultations. We now in Kiev. Thanks for advices, i hope we will have more understanding each other, and unite our efforts for Near and community interests

1 Like

Looks like this NEAR has been promised (even already paid) without getting the funding for it. I suspected it might have been the same for the lawyer you were referring to. Glad it’s not :tada:

1 Like

We had approved first proposal 2000 near for art.sputnikdao.near. Where was wrote, that group of artists will recieve monthly payment 150 near. We made second proposal, Valentin’s and mine together. it was rejected. We made seperate proposals, but councils didnt ask questions, only unknown Dacha was active. We waited from 6-th september. No voting, no questions. than i recieved 2 rejection votes, Valentin 2 rejections. We had plan to visit Vinnitsa conference, and didnt know what to do with all this ignorance. Than Illya Polosukhin paid Valentin 3000 Near directly to ease the tention. So now we paid our people less than we requested, to make work continue as soon as possible. We start from 1-st september.

1 Like

The fact is, that Illya saved the situation by allocating money personally, since our community has been without funding from September 6th. Before going to meetup in Kiev, I made a report all night about Vinnytsia, and yesterday we made a payment to all members of our community. We have already been promised several times that we will recieve a standard application form and a reporting form so that there is no confusion. But!!! the form was never sent. And we still have to guess for ourselves how to act. We are trying to copy forms from the most popular DEGENS group at the moment, but such forms do not work. What to do? We talked with Olga in Russian, she listened to us attentively, but no action, no contact followed. We’re just a little discouraged.

1 Like

Where was this promised? In the discussion with Olga?

What exactly is the issue? Are you having problems regarding how to request funding?

I don’t think there was anything wrong with your previous funding request but many of the questions and concerns went unanswered. There wasn’t much adherence to the community led accountability which was trying to be enforced there (and is inherent in an open source environment like NEAR)

Sorry to hear that! The work you guys do is awesome but, as we’ve mentioned in the past, please be prepared to answer questions from both the Council(s) and the wider NEAR Community.

To clarify; you’re looking for a more structured way of submitting funding requests? Are you aware that there’s already a guide for this here?

2 Likes

We had a zoom with Shreyas, and later with Grace, and we asked for the standart form for making proposals. They promised to send, and we didnt recieve it. Glad to hear, that everything was good with our proposals. So the issue is that no discussion? But councils didnt ask questions, i am confused. Also, we thought that this monthly grant program was already voted, end of month was on 6-september. Almost 3 weeks all our people was without payment. When we have to start discussion for next month funds than? Maybe right now?

It’s not exclusively the role of the Council to ask questions regarding funding. NEAR is a community-driven ecosystem and with that comes a level of community-driven accountability.

There were numerous questions which went unanswered, most of them from @Dacha. I’ve linked a few below :point_down:

–
The ultimate goal of the NEAR Foundation is to make itself redundant. This won’t be possible without an increased level of community-driven accountability so, with that in mind, I think it’s important that all questions from all users are addressed when it comes to funding proposals.

–

There is a guide for this here. That guide includes an example post outline:

I think this goes back to what I mentioned here:

–

There is no guarantee that any proposal will be voted through. There was not sufficient discussion in the previous thread, no Council members chimed in as there were still a tonne of community questions which went unanswered.

If you mean funding for October then yes, absolutely. Feel free to submit it when you’re ready. However, please be prepared for questions from the NEAR Community and the Council(s).

:point_right: If you’re still struggling to submit proposals even with the guide then please let me know in a response to this comment and I’ll get something more granular written up for you.

Cheers, and hope you’re having an awesome time in Kyiv with everyone :beers:

3 Likes

[quote=“Mukachevo City Node budget and grant budget for next month, post:15, topic:5846”]
Why did you rented 3 offices for city node? Ps: You got money for 3 offices , your proposals were approved. [image] [image]
[/quote
We rented 2. It was for 1 month. (hackathon time) Because we have house 25km from Mukachevo, we rented offices, where we could sleep at night if needed and work. Now we have 1 office in coworking, but its not paid yet.

Please make this clear in the next submission for funding and do be open to answering community questions, this is essential.

Thanks! :tada:

Dear Dacha, we are trying to communicate, but every contact with you was demotivative and negative. You ask same questions again and again, and more we answer, the more you ask. And you are not transperant, but pretending to know everything about our lives. We dont have so much time for conversations with one person from big community, we have to work. I understand that you like to talk, but we really have to work and sleep sometimes)

Heya Melody,

Can you please share the responses to the questions that Dacha asked and I shared here:

If there is an excessive overreach of questions, and those questions add no value to the discussion or the proposal, then I agree it’s not welcome in the Forum. However, I don’t see any instances of this at this moment.

1 Like

I see, the whole community is Dacha, wow)

Nobody claimed this, Dacha is as much a member of the Community Member as you and I. Please be open to answering all relevant questions from any member of the community regardless of personal feelings toward them.

Appreciate all your efforts :muscle:

2 Likes

Ok, you want us not work,but communicate on forum with Dacha. Can i ask questions too to all proposals?If its so important for Near and will make him fly to the moon?:slight_smile:

We love Dacha btw. Especially if he is only one in forum that cares about near) And also, you builded so strong, huge community in his person, i think he is really One, chosen)

When you submit a proposal for funding you should be open to answering questions from anybody within the NEAR Community, this is at the core of an open and transparent community.

Absolutely! In fact, we’d love to see more of it and I encourage you to do so :100:

I understand that you’re frustrated and, please don’t think otherwise, I’m here to help iron out any creases you might have along your NEAR journey.

However, I don’t think it’s appropriate to respond with messages like this. Please review the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

I am not frustrated, i am trying to understand forum :sweat_smile: questions from Community = 1 person. Answering questions = rejection. Everyone say “good job” = rejection. Photo with cardboard, 280 followers= 300 Near monthly approved. its not a question just some thoughts)

Nothing was rejected on that thread, rather Illia funded before we could continue the discussion.

The problem, from where I see it, is the lack of responses to the questions which I’ve linked here a number of times

Everyone has an equal weighting in the community, and it’s fair to expect some members to be more vigilant and invested in the ecosystem than others.

1 Like