Token airdrops from new projects of NEAR ecosystem to NEAR early supporters

We got announcements of several amazing projects launching now on NEAR and I suppose it will be a great win-win strategy for everybody if new NEAR projects will consider at least small airdrops of their tokens to NEAR contributors / token holders / delegators / holders of any kind of NEAR gamification program points. It could bootstrap community and platform growth.

This airdrop will bring first customers to new NEAR projects and it will give chance to existing NEAR users to become more involved into the NEAR ecosystem. Consider it as marketing activity to support project launch to became visible to NEAR early supporters after they will find new tokens in their NEAR wallets.

It could be an option of grants given for those projects which will like it. Amount of airdrop could be a part of NEAR governance system with individual metrics.

Any opinions?

96 Likes

I love this idea. I hope they will consider it as it will greatly boosts the NEAR ecosystem and every projects created in NEAR platform

9 Likes

Very Good idea!!!

4 Likes

Great news. When to wait for the announcement and who can participate in the airdrop?

4 Likes

It’s only a proposal now. Upvote and comment if you like it.

8 Likes

I’m usually skeptical for airdrops.

Grants is a cool idea -> a project receives bunch of tokens to build something and integrate.

4 Likes

Agree but we are talking about supporting of early birds only.

receive grant -> build a product -> share some tokens to early ecosystem supporters -> bootstrap user base and community activity

3 Likes

receive grant -> build a product -> share some tokens to early ecosystem supporters -> bootstrap user base and community activity

So I claim that the share some tokens to early ecosystem supporters should be also in a form of grant.

BTW, the first part receive grant - this is in NEAR, right?

3 Likes

I agree this is a good idea to help kickstart the ecosystem

3 Likes

I don’t know current grant flow, I made this proposal mostly for projects with their unique token, doesn’t really matter if they received a grant from the Foundation. But Foundation by using the initial grants may incentivize projects to make this airdrop in their own tokens (not NEAR).

2 Likes

Actually we can extend GrantDAO to do this in other currencies.

This way the project creates a new GrantDAO (or uses existing one) and donates some amount of its tokens and then early users can explain why they should receive it and council decides.

13 Likes

Good idea.
NFT,DEFI,DAO will have some change in NEAR.
Something like BAS BAC,BAB can be used for all defi,nft,swap, dapp farming rewards.

6 Likes

Some types of special airdrops may be good, like airdrops according to a specific behavior or enough amounts of staking

5 Likes

All positions are near, and the bull market is short. Maybe the airdrop is the best comfort for early supporters.

5 Likes

interesting proposition and interesting work you’ve linked

2 Likes

Yes,maybe FLUX will do

4 Likes

I suggest that you should start expanding the community now. Some marketing can be used to increase the number of people in the Telegram channel.

2 Likes

Ya airdrop is not bad but if the airdrop will be for some community work and with some locking stages, then it will be good otherwise the project can face huge dumping.

1 Like

I totally agree.
Giving me some project what I can support anything ?

1 Like

I totally agree with you

1 Like