Sputnik DAO Frontend Enhancements

Proposed Enhancements by community:

1. Add filters
  2. Show who voted:
    a. At any time or
    b. After vote if finished
  3. Show countdown to the end of the vote
  4. Change word ‘target’ to something more meaningful
  5. Disable Vote Button for voted proposal (for vote owner)

Proposed by me:

1. Add a reference to the Community - NEAR Forum in the proposal, so we can show it in the proposal interface as a link
3 Likes
  1. Direct link to every single proposal. It’s quite difficult to share proposals now, but this is the key feature I believe.
3 Likes
  1. Add logged in user to a proposal form, which can be copied to target field
  2. Validate the target user exists in the blockchain
  3. Add ‘own proposals’ filter
2 Likes
  1. Add reactive reload by timeout
2 Likes

Btw @Lastblock @zavodil @jlwaugh what do you guys think about creating a sub-category under Community called DAOs so posts related to DAOs on NEAR can be curated and viewed in one place?

I’m not sure we can also filter here by tag (like # genesis Sputnik, etc) … I let James chime in!

1 Like

I see no issue in using sub-category, it makes sense to keep it under the same roof to be easily found.

1 Like

I have gathered here the requested features from the previous posts all in one place:

1. Show countdown to the end of the vote.
  2. Add a reference to the Community - NEAR Ecosystem in the proposal, so we can show it in the proposal interface as a link, I suggest to use #-tags in the format #/397/2 for example in the proposal description, this will be reflected in the UI and will link to the proposal discussion here on the portal
  3. Direct link to the every single proposal
  4. Logged in user in the proposal form
  5. Validate the target user exists in the blockchain
  6. Add ‘own proposals’ filter
  7. A new Sputnik UI page to allow to create the new DAOs from UI.
1 Like

I think number one priority should be adding that DAO creation feature to the UI

3 Likes

#7 can you, or anyone else, advice the best approach to avoid contract spamming, there is a 30 NEAR for storage required to send with, but is it enough to prevent spamming, once created DAO cannot be deleted.

I agree since the whole point of Sputnik design is to allow for “disagree and DAO it” when people feel like they need their own DAO!

@Lastblock any ideas when this could happen? Cc @illia

I’m pretty much sure its already in development, shouldn’t take long.

1 Like

Just to finalize conversation here, the DAO creation is live on https://sputnik.fund

1 Like

Hey, do you guys have a track with the enhancements already implemented and the ones still necessary? I want to help with the UI :smiley:

Hi there, glad you are offering help.

Here are the remaining outstanding tasks:

1. Show countdown to the end of the vote.
  2. Add ‘own proposals’ filter

Also in the GH there are few issues: Issues · near-daos/sputnik-dao-ui · GitHub
marked as enchantment, feel free to ping me on discord or telegram for details.

1 Like