She is Near Council Report: Ocober-January (For Sarah Kornfeld)

Sarah - She is Near - Council Member - Report Oct-January
Partnership Lead/Writer for DAO

Please see a report on my work on She is Near Dao. It’s very exciting to be a part of this brilliant team. Thank you all.

October:

• Part of the inaugural council and was on the group TG for creative moderation for onboarding, answering queries, and fostering community discussions.

• Conceived and wrote the “I’m Sorry” campaign to highlight how women apologize and tips for why and how to stop. This was a 2 part article that also went viral: Breaking Free: Unmasking the ‘Sorry’ Reflex in Web3 – Tips for Women to Own their Digital Space – I coordinated with the marketing team to support their contest for stories, art and X thread contest

• I wrote the first draft of the Charter and the draft of the light white paper, defining goals, mission, and vision, and connecting with core members.

November:

• DAO council work: Wrote the second draft of the Charter. Developed the core pitch ideas for the DAO to present to HOM. Developed the first draft of our Partner Group Framework. Interfaced with initial members of the Partnerships group and took meetings with the education team (and pitches for relationships with SheFi)

As a council member, my responsibilities extend to actively moderating Telegram channels, guiding new members through onboarding processes, and responding to inquiries via direct messages on social media and Telegram. Participation in the DAO’s weekly update call involves providing project updates and reviewing plans from various teams. The council also conducts a separate weekly session with the advisor, focusing on synchronization and strategic discussions about DAO plans and initiatives.

• Partner Lead: In November, the council members asked me to step in as Partnerships Lead to support the partner group (members) as we navigated our first ask for support and the NDC kicked off its first process for funding. The members had a vision for the group that the HOM pushed back on and asked us to reframe our initiatives to be more specific to both ROI for NEAR and Devs. This resulted in many hours and meetings, discussions, and rewrites of the initial concept for partnerships.

December:

As a council member, my responsibilities extend to actively moderating Telegram channels, guiding new members through onboarding processes, and responding to inquiries via direct messages on social media and Telegram. Participation in the DAO’s weekly update call involves providing project updates and reviewing plans from various teams. The council also conducts a separate weekly session with the advisor, focusing on synchronization and strategic discussions about DAO plans and initiatives.

• Partnerships Lead Management:
    • Final One Sheet for Partners: I re-drafted the Partnership One-Pager for outreach and conversations for engagement.
    • I wrote an entirely new partner plan as a strategic roadmap focusing on three pivotal areas: civic technology programs, industry technology, and media partnerships, and public affairs/awareness programs. (Plan to launch publicly in January)
    • We also had a shift in leadership and involvement in the partner’s group, with the lead member stepping back and Wal, Debbie, and I stepping in. I remain the lead for this quarter until we finalize the team
    • I worked to book meetings with external resources to support the partnership team, including the UN Blockchain initiative.

January:

• DAO council work:
    • Collaborate on advancing our initial proposals for Education Partnerships, including a PROPOSAL for a strategic partnership with SheFi;
    • Advanced the partnership framework within the Council for feedback and ideas for its development;
    • I am speaking at the first Women in Web3 Summit during the World Economic Forum at Davos, Switzerland, as a member of She is Near and representing our focus on global women developers and their education/empowerment.

• Partners Lead Management:
    • Because I am speaking at the first Women in Web3 Summit during the World Economic Forum at Davos, Switzerland, as a member of She is Near, I will have meetings with other women to develop partnerships supporting our work. These women’s NGOs and ventures are based in India, NY, Africa, Switzerland etc.
    • Meetings with Wal towards finalizing our research framework for women developers on Near. This research will be conducted with the Research DAO.