[Self-Nomination] NFT WG

Hello NEAR community,

I’m Mert, a 24-year-old from Istanbul. Just graduated from business administration. My journey in the web3 space began 1 year ago at Antisocial Labs on the NEAR ecosystem. I started as a community manager and later transitioned into a software developer intern role. This experience was transformative for me, and it was here that I truly began to understand the potential of the blockchain ecosystem.

After leaving Antisocial Labs, I’ve become a project manager to release an NFT collection for a bridge project between EVMS but it got canceled after 3 months I’ve spent. I also had the privilege of being a core team member of MACKS NFT before that, where I contributed to AntiSocialLabs to release their second collection on another chain. These experiences further deepened my understanding of the NFT space and the unique opportunities and challenges it presents.

Now, I’m excited to bring my skills and experiences back to the NEAR community, the place that feels like home to me. I’m committed to organizing real-life side events in the web3 events to promote NEAR NFTs, foster a stronger sense of community, and onboard more 1/1 artists onto NEAR & create a platform specifically for these artists to showcase their work.

My ultimate goal is to bring back the vibrancy and liveliness that the NEAR community had 1.5 years ago. I am committed to working hard to make this vision a reality.

a. What does the NEAR NFT ecosystem mean to you?

To me, the NEAR NFT ecosystem represents a vibrant and collaborative community that is pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the web3 space. It’s a place where creativity, innovation, and community intersect. It’s also a place that has shaped me professionally and personally, and for that, I am deeply grateful.

b. What will you do to revitalize the NEAR NFT scene in the short term and long term?

In the short term, my primary focus will be on ensuring the success of “The Collective,” the official NFT WG’s collection that we’ve been working on. I believe this project has the potential to reignite the excitement around NEAR NFTs.

In the long term, my vision is to recreate the vibrant and supportive environment that I experienced when I first joined the NEAR community. I plan to do this by fostering collaboration among projects, creating a hub for upcoming projects to plan their marketing strategies & promote them & facilitating connections between project owners for potential collaborations & understand their needs from the development perspective so I can give my bits of help at maximum capacity I also aim to organize real-life events to bring our community closer together, promote NEAR NFTs, throw a side event parties and onboard more 1/1 artists onto NEAR, providing them with a dedicated platform to showcase their work.

c. How much time commitment can you do for the NFT WG?

I am committed to dedicating my full time to the NFT WG. I believe that the revitalization of the NEAR NFT scene is a worthy cause that requires dedicated effort and focus.

d. What is some conflict of interest if you get the role?

As of now, I do not foresee any conflicts of interest. My primary goal is to serve the NEAR community and contribute to the growth and success of the NEAR NFT ecosystem. If any potential conflicts arise in the future, I commit to disclosing them promptly and working to resolve them in a way that best serves the interests of the community.

I’m excited about the possibility of serving as a core contributor and look forward to the opportunity to give back to the community that has given so much to me. Thank you for considering my application.

Best,

Mert

9 Likes