[Report] September Recap from the Chief Vibe Officer

Monthly Report - September 2023

Introduction: This month marked a significant milestone in our journey towards decentralized governance on NEAR. As the Community Manager, I am honored to present this detailed monthly report summarizing the key activities and achievements in September.

1. Inaugural Election: We successfully concluded the inaugural election this month, which witnessed an exceptional turnout with over 800 votes cast in each house. This remarkable participation demonstrates our community’s commitment to shaping the future of decentralized governance on the NEAR platform. I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone who contributed to this historic moment.

2. Candidate Spaces and Engagement: Throughout the month, we hosted weekly candidate spaces where candidates had the opportunity to present their final pitches. We had a diverse range of guests from across the ecosystem, including organizing Twitter spaces for our Spanish-speaking community members. These sessions allowed for robust engagement and discussion.

3. NDC Election Watch Party: I had the privilege of hosting the NDC election watch party, where we came together on a live stream to celebrate this crucial event. I extend my sincere thanks to AVB, Atrox, Blaze, Linda, Sheldon, and all those who joined us on the live stream. Over thirty individuals tuned in to witness and celebrate the successful election, culminating in a joyful celebration.

4. Community Updates: I led the community updates for the past month, providing community members with insights into the latest developments in our ecosystem. These updates fostered collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and an opportunity for the community to address questions and concerns.

5. APAC Event Production: In my role, I coordinated the event production forAPAC , which included two full days of tabling and sponsorship at the BOS Beats activation. Along with much shilling and campaigning. These efforts strengthened our presence in the South East Asia market and showcased our commitment to global engagement.

6. Transition to Community Events: As we wrap up the APAC activities, my role is transitioning into community events coordination. The NEAR Foundation will be transferring the community events grant to the community, and I will facilitate this process with the Foundation’s support. I am excited about the opportunity to support the community in this capacity and contribute to the decentralization of our ecosystem.

7. The Future is NEAR: I want to emphasize that this is just the beginning. I am thrilled to witness the growth and development of our community in the coming months. We remain dedicated to pushing the envelope in the realm of decentralized governance. The inaugural election marks the end of one chapter for the CVO, and I am deeply honored to have been part of this journey.

In closing, I extend my heartfelt appreciation to all those who played a pivotal role in this historic moment for the NEAR ecosystem. The future is bright, and I eagerly anticipate the incredible progress we will make in the next six months. Together, we will continue to shape the future of decentralized governance and usher in a new era for NEAR.

Thank you for your unwavering support and dedication.

Sincerely,

Russ
Community Manager, NDC

2 Likes