[Report] Progress on Education, Development and Research

Summary

I’m currently involved in a few projects related to research , education , and development . Below is a summary of the progress of May.

Education

I’m currently leading the NEAR-in-Arabic brand and providing webinars and educational content for the Arabic-speaking world. Here are a few updates:

• 340+ hours of content watched on Youtube
  • Held 2 webinars in May: The first was on “Introduction to Blockchain” and the other on “Getting started on Smart Contract development”. Next two webinars in June will be on "Coding NEAR smart contract " and “front-end development for smart contracts”
  • 30+ total attendees
  • 9.2/10 webinar rating average
  • 4.7/5 instructor rating average
  • The feedback on the webinar was positive and encouraging.
  • Here are a few samples of “mention one thing you liked in the webinar” and some comments from Youtube and Discord

Outreach

• Made agreements with 2 professors at the 2 most famous universities in Egypt (Ainshams and Cairo) to provide sessions on Blockchain on June and July.
  • 3-4 other communities in other universities are contacting me to hold the same session with them too.

Development

NEAR Eye

• Developing a mobile app in Flutter (NEAR Eye), that helps users to keep track of their NEAR accounts’ balances and NEAR Token Price. It will also allow balance-alerts for accounts and a few more features. The first version is now in-review in Google Play Store. This should be the start.of creating mobile apps on NEAR.

Screenshots can be found here.

Next

• More webinars and sessions
  • Completing the mobile app development and developing the required libraries to be used for other developers
  • Improving a previous research piece on Blockchain and IoT
  • Also going to certifying my first NCD developer this month :slight_smile:

Feel free to reach out for any more details on any of the above.

Thanks!