[REPORT] Near German February/March 2022

Hi guys,

in the last two months we continued with our work in the German community. We did many activities to increase the engagement in the community. Now I am going to show you what we did in February and March for Near Protocol German.

NEAR German Telegram (Telegram: Contact @near_german)

Our main goal for the Telegram group was to increase the engagement. To be able to increase the engagement we created a Telegram contest for 11 March - 31 March.

Telegram Contest:

We created a Telegram contest where the most active users were rewarded with NEARs. There was a prize pool of 3 x 10 NEARs for the most active users. The condition was the number of the messages but a message had to be NEAR-related to be considered for the contest.

As you can see in the chart below we indeed managed to increase the engagement. In March there was much more activity in the group than in February.

The contest has ended with the last day of the month but we are sure that the engagement will not decrease because the users get to know each other better and are able to discuss NEAR-related topics more easily.

NEAR German Twitter (https://twitter.com/NEAR_German)

On Twitter we also continued with our work. We tweeted the latest news and upgrades within the NEAR ecosystem. We managed to increase the engagement on Twitter also. We could increase impressions, profile visits and followers in the last two months.

Twitter Contest:

We also created a contest on Twitter. In March we made a giveaway of 2 x 5 NEARs. The user had to follow, like, retweet and tag 2 friends. Congratulations to the winners!

With the contest we were able to increase the engagement. In February there were almost 4k impressions, in March there were about 10k impressions. In February we had about 3k profile visits, in March about 5k.

More details:

German articles (https://medium.com/@NEAR_German)

In the last two months we also continued with content creation. We have written or translated 7 German articles. We shared them on our Medium account.

1. Article was about the idea and vision of the NEAR Protocol:
  1. Article about how the NEAR protocol does function, its unique features and some projects that build on NEAR.
  1. Article about activities within the NEAR ecosystem in February

Then we translated the tetralogy of “Road to decentralization”:

1. NEARs Weg zur Dezentralisierung Teil 1:
  1. NEARs Weg zur Dezentralisierung Teil 2:
  1. NEARs Weg zur Dezentralisierung Teil 3:
  1. NEARs Weg zur Dezentralisierung Teil 4:

Publish German articles in the German press

We started to present NEAR in the German press. We started a partnership with Cryptomonday.de (https://cryptomonday.de). CryptoMonday is a well-known crypto newspaper in Germany that receives over 100,000 interested readers per month. We published our first article there:

NEAR lanciert Simple Nightshade: Der erste Schritt auf dem Weg zu einer Sharded Blockchain

We also supported the German channel on Discord. We answered a few questions about the NEAR ecosystem there. And we took the first steps towards education. We had the first meetings with Blockchain developers and talked with them about the NEAR education program and the possibilities for Blockchain developers within the NEAR ecosystem. More to follow in the next few weeks.

5 Likes

Great job, thank You for sharing report :muscle: :de:

3 Likes

Hey @cryptoheitzi
I see you’re trying hard for German Community! I appreciate your efforts.

I have a two of questions/proposals for you
1- How many members are there currently conributing to Near German? Are they all in also Dao Council?

2- This web page you’re working with seems on a serious downtrend. Maybe you want to consider promoting your valuable content in another platform? https://www.similarweb.com/website/cryptomonday.de/#traffic

again, thanks for the efforts

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile:

1. We are currently three managers but we are open for further members. Anyone who can contribute to the German community is welcome.

2. Yes i have also seen that a few days ago. I think it’s because of the adaptions on their website. They have rebuilt their website. I will have to ask them about this issue but if that downtrend is indeed real and continues we will choose another website.

2 Likes

thank you for your answer. maybe it has something to do with the bear market which crypto stuggling in for crypto for the last 3-4 months (since October) :slight_smile:
Near is standing the strongest

2 Likes

Yeah it could be. I have also seen that some other crypto sites are struggling a bit
But NEAR stays strong :muscle:

1 Like

Hey @KriptoRaptor, that also has to do with the market, which has only moved sideways in recent months. But on the other hand, as @cryptoheitzi already said also with the transition of the website. Also cryptomonday was the only platfrom we could afford from the budget we had. German bloggers are quite expensive compared to other languages. I have told @cryptoheitzi to ask cryptomonday for a statistic and we have for the next Proposal a slightly different strategy.

1 Like