Project members:
@Dan_E
@mayamor
@TJ89

Balance: 65USD in N.

Astrodao

Projects & highlights
Estufada Artistica
Ongoing project with @tabear @thefalmon @ted.iv Build up to the event date on 2nd July is going well. The venue is booked, we have the poet, musicians, film license confirmed and food vendors ready. Ticket page is in draft, as is event artwork, and we’re taking a trip to the venue in Coimbra next week to take another look at the venue and plan the night out!

Season opening and first four open-air film exhibitions through May, in collaboration with Arroz Estúdios

The opening of the 2022 has been a runaway success! All four events have gone ahead, and all have sold out days in advance. It’s been a great start to the summer.

Memberships at Arroz: In total 327 new 1 year memberships have been processed (ESTIMATE: Will update when final figures are received from Arroz). Above the projected 77% rate projected in the proposal. This can be expected to decrease over time, as people return for second shows.

NFT tickets: We initially aimed to roll out the NFT ticket platform for 17/05/22, but eventually had the system up and running by 24/07/22, which was our first NFT ticketed event! So far, we’ve hosted two events with the NFT ticket platform available, and sold a total of 20 tickets via NFT on the Mintickt platform through Mintbase! There has needed to be plenty of learning along the way, with on-site practicalities to manage, and guiding new users through wallet creation, purchase, up to ticket burning on the door. But it’s a good start and we’re looking forward to getting the next batch going!

In addition to the door entry, the kind folks at Mintickt have sponsored an incentive for customers to buy NFTs, in the form of free pizza on the first night, and free popcorn on the second! So, thank you to @guille and the team! A big shout out to @marianeu and the folks at Mintbase as well, for their support on-site at the events.

Video documentation for NEAR: Filming has already taken place, so a big thanks to @roadworks for making it happen. The film covers the customer journey, events & NFT ticketing. Static photography of one event is already complete. The second event’s photography was scheduled for 31/05/22, but has been postponed to 14/06/22 due to poor weather conditions on 31/05/22. Delivery of this to NEAR is projected for 3rd week of June.

Logo and brand redesign
The design process is underway, in collaboration with @ted.iv It has taken longer than projected, mainly due to the packed time schedule around the start of season. Due only to scheduling reasons, delivery date has been pushed back to June.

Accounting

Payment due: (funding process delayed due to DAO updates)
Season opening and first four open-air film exhibitions through May, in collaboration with Arroz Estúdios
667USD

Estufada Artistica
900USD

Still to be paid out:
Logo and brand redesign
400USD

Overall, it’s been a great start to the year. Cannot wait to get stuck into June’s projects!

7 Likes

Congratulations for such a great opening month, @Dan_E. Looking forward to the next!

1 Like

Thank you! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Hello @Dan_E. Happy to see another proposal from you guys. I have some questions and asks:

Can you explain why do you have this value on your treasure? I mean, it’s very cool for your proposal explain why some fund has not yet been used to the community.

Look at this example:

Also, can you explain to us why your ASTRO only has requests for payments made through the dan802.near wallet? Are you having some troubles to involve your community on this?

It’s very important for the DAO’s show some compromise with the decentralization and part of this is show that the community has wallets and autonomy to use the astro. =)

Hi @hevertonharieno !

Just to be sure, you were asking why the value was still 65USD when the funding had been approved for May? If that’s right: It was because of submitting the poll but only later learning about Function Call for the other DAOs to vote, so therefore it timed out. The poll was remade after the DAO update and then went through. At the time of writing, the funds hadn’t arrived, so the balance was 65USD. Or, was the question about why the funds have not yet been distributed? For this, it’s only been due to time and availability. Due to the reasons above, the funding only arrived a few days ago, and still needs polls set up for distribution. Which will be asap.

In the report, is it preferred to post a link to balance? Then anyone can just check it in real time?

“…can you explain to us why your ASTRO only has requests for payments made through the dan802.near wallet?”
Must admit, that it’s been me (dan802.near) that’s taken the lead with creating / navigating the DAO channels. We’re all new to this whole process and the complexities. A poll in the DAO recently failed only because @TJ89 tried to vote and no one could figure out that just gas fees just needed to change! Little things like this have meant that it’s fallen to me who has the most time to devote to learning to get things up and running. Many thanks to @tabear and @ted.iv (many, many thanks for your patience in your teachings!). Apparently, the processes would be a little streamlined soon, if that’s true? If it’s possible, it would be so so helpful for new folks to integrate quickly. Looping in @TJ89 and @mayamor, so speak now and share your thoughts, or forever hold your peace :stuck_out_tongue: But, from now, we’ve been through a full one month cycle and the way things work is much clearer than before it’ll be far easier to properly share the knowledge around!

Hope that helps. Will try and be more available over the next 24hrs for more questions if you have them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Forgot to say thank you to @raquelareia also for your help in understanding everything! Last but not least!

1 Like

Heyhey :raised_hands: Yeah pass the buck mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

@hevertonharieno Just spoke with Dan and we’re going to do another AstroDAO session it’s been a bit confusing so far but I’m sure it can’t be that hard.

2 Likes

Hello @Dan_E. Don’t worries. I’m not here creating troubles, just checking where we can improve your proposals. I need confess that I saw 650USD and not 65USD. So, it was my mistake, sorry =( but, the point is just teach you that is important on the proposals and on the reports explain when some funds are still in the treasuries of the DAO’s. This is not to indict the DAO, but rather to create more transparency and exercise accountability. Look at the CUDO example. You’ll see that some payouts are waiting for the artists, some times the activities are waiting some confirmations, etc.

So, thanks for explain, but, relax ok? =)

Now, about the payouts aways to your wallet, the point here is the same that I told to LENS DAO. For us (creative DAO’s) it is difficult to have clear points that identify our value within an ecosystem with so many investments in the technology area. So I think it helps us to have strong proposals the fact that we have portfolios being created, users using platforms (like ASTRO) and other transactions that show that, thanks to our work, the ecosystem is being fed.

Think about that and try this month put the artists to make the payment requests themselves. that way your ASTRO will have more transactions and more users and that is a good call. :wink:

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I’ve taken a bit of a backseat role here as I learn more, but I definitely want to take on a more active role. I’d be more than happy to start taking some of the Astro work, as long as you guys are patient while I continue to learn!
Dan and I spoke and he is going to help guide me through it. We missed the deadline last month, so we want to make sure that that doesn’t happen again.
Thanks for the continued support!

2 Likes

Hi @hevertonharieno. Thanks for the wisdom :slight_smile: And I’ll chill out a little haha!
For the accounting, the idea was for the “Payment Due” and “Still to be paid out” sections of the report to cover it. Because I agree, it’s really important for everything to be laid out and transparent. I’ll take a look over the CUDO one now, and if the same situation happens next time can make it all a bit clearer. Although hopefully, it won’t be me writing every report from now on :wink: eh @mayamor & @TJ89, nudge nudge :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the heads up with asking artists to request funds themselves, rather than us doing it. Good to know this now, before May has been distributed :slight_smile:

1 Like