[Rejected] Formation of Africa DAO in NDC V1

Hello!
We are here again to propose creating an African DAO. Following our previous rejected proposal as seen here [Rejected] NEAR Africa Community DAO in NDC V1 : NDC Budget Subcategory code HOM-004P-1-5 Regional Development.

We believe that the best way to grow the African region is to be a coordinated whole. Citing examples from the success of African communities on BInance, Celo and Starknet we believe that same will work for a NEAR coordinated community in Africa.

This proposal is made given the unanimous agreement of all African leaders in the NEAR ecosystem.

PROPOSED MODEL

VISION

To Build a community of web3 leaders who build the African nations through a builder mentality.

MISSION

Building an all-inclusive community that aims to bring onboard all existing communities in the African Region and also allow and support the activation of new communities to develop the Ecosystem in Africa by focusing on training devs and ecosystem partnerships to bring mass adoption

SCOPE

• Education and Upskilling
  • Partnership with ecosystem products for mass adoption.
  • Onboard and Strengthen African Communities
  • Dev training in local languages
  • Community-focused dApp building

STRATEGIES

• Organising campus tours/clubs for dev activities
  • Hosting IRL events for product showcase, onboarding and expansion
  • Expanding Regional communities to other African Countries.
  • Training local Devs for ecosystem contributions
  • Empowering Building activities such as hackathons etc.

OKRs

• Train devs quarterly
  • Onboard users to ecosystem products quarterly through community activities
  • Partner with ecosystem products quarterly
  • Retain users through community activities
  • Showcase products by trained/onboarded devs.
  • Carryout weekly BOS Workshops across communities
  • Carryout ecosystem products Showcase with communities, organisations and stakeholders

GOVERNANCE MODEL

Using a DAO system for decentralized governance and growth. Details found in AFRICA RCWG - Google Docs

KPIs/ROADMAP

KPIs/MONTHS March-May June-August September-December
3000-5000 Users every three months Ecosystem Partnerships with Projects for marketing (3-5 Projects) New communities established in African countries (5-7)

Ecosystem Partnerships with Projects (3-5)
Community-focused product development (3-5)

Ecosystem Partnerships
3000-5000 users every three months Online Community Activities to onboard and retain users e.g Workshops, AMAs, Native Degen

Campus tours in universities (3-5)

Dev training in Local languages (10-15)
Campus tours in universities to keep partner products active (3-5)

Dev training in local languages (10-15)
IRL event to showcase African-built products (5-9 Products) (Onboard more users to the ecosystem and to partner products)

This is a summary of the entire scope of the African DAO. Details are found in the governance document.

As requested by a HOM member, here is a forecasted budget for Africa DAO. This doesn’t mean the DAO will request exactly those amounts. The fund’s proposal could be less.

Tagging HOM POC @Dacha for consideration.

17 Likes

Hey Igboze. If the monthly cap is $25K I can’t understand how the quarterly cap can be $80K.

3 Likes

Sorry, this needs to be changed. No budget was supposed to be in this proposal.

3 Likes

Let’s shape Africa together!!! Stronger!!!

2 Likes

There are lots Africa has to offer… Lets support this

1 Like

Promising…! This proposal opens doors to inclusive, tech-driven progress across the Near ecosystem. :muscle: Africa DAO transformative leap forward.

This is wonderful I believe. Seeing the great number of Africans coming onboard here.

1 Like

Good proposal. The team has been working really hard. I hope it gets approved

2 Likes

This is an Awesome project :clap::+1:

1 Like

Awesome!
Great initiative!!
Finally Africa will get involved in building and powering the NDC.

Good one.

2 Likes

AFRICANS ARE GIFTED WITH ALL SKILLS, JUST THAT WE DON’T HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW IT OUT.

I BELIEVE IN THE FUTURE IF THIS PROPOSAL IS APPROVED, WE ARE GOING TO TAKE THE NEAR ECOSYSTEM INTO A DIFFERENT DIMENSION.

I’ll LOVE TO PLEAD TO THE HoM.
For acceptability, or to Approve this PROPOSAL, FOR BENEFITS OF DOUBT.
OR WHAT SHOULD I PUT IT?.

BECAUSE AS A REGIONAL DAO IT MAKES IT EASIER TO CONVINCE AFRICANS TO BE INTERESTING IN NEAR PROTOCOL AND HOW IT FUNCTIONS.

THERE’S A LOT OF AFRICANS WHO ARE DEVELOPERS BUT DON’T KNOW HOW TO MONEYTALIES IT, OR EARN FROM IT.

WE ONLY NEEDS A BLOCK CHAIN LIKE NF.
WHO CAN SUPPORT SURCH ACTIVITIES.

LIKE BUILDING IN BOSS, ONBOARDING DEVELOPERS, FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES IN AFRICA.

AND ALSO EDUCATE STUDENT IN DIFFERENT UNIVERSITY,

TRAIN THEM HOW TO USE NEAR DABS/ .

Africa is United for NEAR. I believe alot can be achieved to bring Africa to the Web3 space. Both Tech wise and Community wise.

1 Like

We all read Gov Forum :wink:

2 Likes

Very detailed proposal, let’s push Africa forward, we need to be part of the global web3 ecosystem.

2 Likes

I fully support Africa, Latam, Europe, Asia and other active nodes in the ecosystem to have their own autonomy to self-organize and lead their regions to grow and sustain near.

7 Likes

This was an error.

The governance aspect of this proposal was written months ago.

It has been corrected too.

Thanks for pointing it out ser.

2 Likes

Hi Igboze, few questions:

1. Why create a Continental DAO? My understanding is that Africa is HUGE. I am concerned that such a large DAO may fail to acknowledge the individual state and needs of each of these smaller ecosystems.
  2. Who are all the current African leaders of the NEAR ecosystem? Which city and country are they based in?
  3. Would you be able to provide an overview of the funding from other sources going into the region (Creatives, Marketing, etc.) and the impact it had? How will this DAO learn from past experiences.
  4. How does Africa DAO think of currency exchange, local cost of living, and fairness to other communities in NEAR Ecosystem? My understanding is that $25,000 per month in some regions in African is equivalent to many multiples that in other parts of the world.

Looking forward to finding the best model that is fair and reasonable to all to push this forward.

AVB

3 Likes

Hello @satojandro, thanks for your questions and I will try to answer them accordingly.

Africa is huge and you are right. This is even the most reason why we need this DAO. Many leaders from other African countries left the eco because there was zero coordination when it was most needed. The aim is to keep the leaders we have now and also expand to other countries.

We are focused on seeing that each country has equal representation unlike the present situation where Nigeria has the most involvement.

2 Likes

All current leaders from Africa are in same TG group and have a sync on this.

We presently have leaders from
Nigeria
Ghana
Uganda
South Africa
Kenya
Ethiopia
Cameroon ready to start building as one Africa.

This doesn’t mean there are not other leaders in this group. So far, almost 95% of African leaders have agreed to this system of growth chase. If we want to achieve what other chains have achieved in Africa, we will have to learn of their methods practically while adding our own productivity to it.

3 Likes

We are focused on seeing that each country has equal representation unlike the present situation where Nigeria has the most involvement.

Isn’t representation proportional to the activities in each country? Leaders who are able to grow their local communities and take effective account would be represented. I dislike this notion here everyone wants to be represented as a decision maker to allocate funding when there may not be a proportionate effort to grow the ecosystem.

What is stopping each individual country or even city node in creating their own proposals for a DAO that can be very detailed and pragmatic on the initiatives they are taking, the budgets required for those, and the impact achieved?

2 Likes