Reflections of The Philosopher

Dear NEAR Community,

I’m The Philosopher, a member of Metaverse DAO and The Philosophers DAO. As suggested by the moderators, I stayed away from all council administrative decisions of all DAOs I was in during the two month period, casting absolutely no votes within that time and receiving no council salary. However, I followed the activities of these communities and helped whenever their councils asked me to. I was also present at the events of both DAOs, calling people to participate and continuing the onboarding process of philosophers on the blockchain, even without knowing if the DAOs’ funding request would be approved. I also gave my digital land for free for 1 month to Metaverse DAO and, currently, I have reduced the renting price that was used until then by half, to facilitate the purchase of land by the DAO, so that the DAO does not need to rent a land forever.

Regarding my story on NEAR, I believe most of you know that I boarded over 100 people on Near through the Gambiarra store, around 20 at the Intergalactic Bar store and 10 people through The Philosophers DAO Community, and I was a founding member of many DAOs on NEAR, such as Metaverse DAO, The Philosophers DAO, Writers Guild, Gambiarra DAO, having also helped Spiritual DAO. People who have worked with me will tell you that my work has always been serious and has generated positive results, although some may have had some disagreements with me on specific topics. Mintbase DAO, Incubadora DAO, Afrika Burn, 3XR, among other DAOs, have already seen how dedicated I am to building the entire ecosystem, giving constant feedback, using products developed by partners, producing virtual and academic events for the ecosystem (where I always talk about Near and The Creatives), building projects together.

Everything that led to my time off really got me thinking about the way I dealt with my former fellows from the DAO. By being on many DAOs at the same time, I ended up getting quite stressed and not handling very well the way I talk, and sometimes my assertiveness was expressed in an aggressive way. I wanted to apologize to all the people I’ve hurt in any way, especially those who felt manipulated or harmed by me. It wasn’t my intention, but sometimes, in the heat of the moment, we end up acting badly. I truly believe that we can overcome everything that has happened and try to grow together.

This time away made me see that the best way to enter the ecosystem is to focus on the two DAOs I want to develop and build a good job on top of them, protecting them from autocratic decisions, including my own. So, before stepping away from the council of each of the DAOs, I put to a vote on Astro the rule according to which the person making the proposal votes last, to avoid any council feeling violated or manipulated in the votes. I hope this helps in that regard.

So I hope that my return will be a moment of peace, of pacifying differences, of trying again, of building together. We all know what we can build and what we have already built together. We came to this point helping ourselves to build this NEAR community and this Brazilian community that we have everything to develop even more. So I kindly ask that the community welcome me back. I hope that my actions in the ecosystem can help in this process of developing our community instead of building conflicts.

See you all on metaverse!

7 Likes

Hey! I’m so happy that the time out is over and you can come back to work with us !!!

It’s nice that you make a good thing of this time out and you are coming back renew <3

I missed you and your work a lot (don’t know what i missed more lol)

Hope you want to come back to council work ASAP to help meeee <3

4 Likes

I’m glad this time away is over and now hopefully we will be able to all work together, at peace, growing and expanding our project :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m very happy with your return! Thank you for all the help you gave us even during this time away!
I think you work is excellent and you’re very good explaining how NEAR works. I’m excited for our new phase :smiley:

4 Likes

It will be a great joy to count on your collaboration for the growth of The Philosophers DAO and to develop projects that aim to ensure the social commitment and the growth of NEAR. We learned a lot from you these last few months and your more effective engagement will be very welcome!:blush:

5 Likes

Eu, como pessoa ligada diretamente ao caso, eu quero te deixar umas palavras.

Na época eu fiquei muito triste com tudo, foi muito caótica a forma como tudo aconteceu.
Mas também me serviu para me aproximar mais da comunidade, me engajar mais, conhecer pessoas e aprender sobre o ecossistema, e até mesmo me fazer refletir sobre a forma como eu reagi a situação.
Eu me senti injustiçada por um problema que não tinha a ver comigo cair em mim, então isso gerou uma reação.
É uma pena que as coisas tomaram os rumos que tomaram, e falar dessas coisas que já foram resolvidas, não muda o passado.
Me desculpe também pela forma que expus as coisas e te ofendi.

No final somos pessoas com o mesmo foco: crescer dentro do ecossistema NEAR e faze-lo crescer.

Tenho total ciência da importância dos seus projetos dentro da comunidade e o quanto você ajuda na construção.
O crescimento de um não impede o do outro, e a comunidade é feita por muitos e não um.

Saber reconhecer os nossos erros é a melhor qualidade para podermos evoluir.

Seja bem vindo de volta.
Sem ressentimentos pela minha parte.

2 Likes

Obrigado demais, Isa. Eu fico muito feliz de ouvir que você me recebe de volta e de ler suas palavras, pois você é uma das principais pessoas a quem devo desculpas. Eu queria te pedir desculpas individualmente sobre como eu agi em toda a situação. Refletindo sobre tudo, eu poderia ter agido muito diferente. E eu vou agir muito diferente a partir de agora. Da minha parte também, sem ressentimentos. Bola pra frente e mais construção, porque a gente tem ainda muito que construir nesse espaço. Novamente, obrigado mesmo por ter tomado o seu tempo para vir aqui me dizer essas palavras. Eu estou bem emocionado e feliz.

2 Likes