Hello Regional Community Leaders!
It’s time for another exciting update from the RCWG for us all. Firstly, check out the first update for this week.
As we have all known, the MDAO has supported Regional Activities since we revamped and now it’s time to open the doors wide again.
We bring you this latest update as shared by the CreativesDAO regarding their support for Regional Activities as found here https://gov.near.org/t/ndc-funding-request-creatives-dao-april-may-2023/34559
Given this, we call on Regional communities to continue sending proposals as the doors are wider now to accommodate more submissions in a month.
This Funding Support from CDAO will be used by the RCWG Operational Activities and Fund community proposals which are not limited to creative activities proposals
Regional Communities can now include creative-related activities in their proposals as there is a $40k support from CDAO for Regional Communities.
A few things to note.
- Processes for Regional Communities must be followed as contained in this document PROCESSES FOR REGIONAL COMMUNITIES - Google Docs
- Communities will have to use the onboarding form for IamHuman to help us keep check https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScxC17jPJd4eCZz_Fc7lB7dKSDgEPxvett6EhjajcvFfTBKEA/viewform?pli=1&pli=1&edit_requested=true&pli=1
- As this is a revamp and a test run, community proposals are not supposed to be more than $2k monthly. For a case of an offline event, proposals can be more than $2k but MUST be submitted two months before time for adequate sync.
- Proposals are to be submitted from now till the 25th of May, 2023 to allow those in charge go through proposals concisely.
- Attending Weekly Community calls is COMPULSORY for Leaders of Regional Communities. Zoom link found here Launch Meeting - Zoom. The first call is by 1 PM UTC for those within the Asian Region and 4 PM UTC for those from other regions. However, you can join any of the times as it is convenient for you. Calls are every Wednesday.
- The core focus of the RCWG is to see communities have activities that get around NEAR bOS, and IamHuman. This has to do with getting builders, getting users to use the cool products we have, etc.
- The regional Communities event tracking sheet is compulsory for all communities to fill. REGIONAL COMMUNITIES TRACKING SHEET - Google Sheets
NOTE: FOR PROPOSALS THAT COULD NOT BE ATTENDED TO BY MDAO IN APRIL DUE TO LIMITED FUNDS, RCWG WILL UTILIZE THE CDAO FUNDS TO SETTLE THOSE PROPOSALS AND THOSE COMING IN
Thanks for building NEAR all these years. You all are the bOS!
May the bOS’s force be NEAR you
Special thanks to @creativesdao-council, @Bakaka @Ola @jlwaugh @kiskesis and everyone for pushing this through.