It has been a few months on this journey and we are bringing you a summary of all that has happened with Regional Communities; success, setbacks and the way forward.
Below is the list of Regional Communities, their social handles and Sputnik accounts.
- Community Impact
- Onboarded 40% of all verified Humans on chain. 500 of 2000 humans etc
- relaunched regional Communities and their activities by sourcing and getting them funded again.
- List of proposals submitted, funds received, rejected and closed for the months of April, May and June
- Regional Community Dao Core team contributions and activities
- Ecosyetem Community social media growth and engagements
- On-chain activities engagements and growth
- TOTAL FUNDS SPENT/TO BE SPENT ON REGIONAL COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES IS $46,545
This tracking sheet serves to track the increase in community members daily. However, here is the total number of community members with Regional Communities as of 4th July 2023.
NEAR SOCIAL: 733
PROPOSAL ANALYSIS ACCORDING TO MONTHS
In April, the month of revamp of Regional Community Funding, We had the following Proposals.
The below proposals were approved and the sum of $15000 was distributed.
NOTE: THESE PROPOSALS ARE TO SERVE FOR THE MONTH OF MAY
We received the following proposals
- [image][Approved -$3000] Near Korea DAO Monthly Marketing and Community Growth Budget - June
- [image][Approved] TneSociety onboarding, social media marketing JUNE
- [image][Approved] June 2023 NEAR Ecosystem News Stream + NEAR Media & News Guild
- [image][Approved] - NEAR Arabic - June 2023
- [image][Approved] Near Ukraine Guild | Social Media Marketing funding for Community growth in June
- [image][Approved] Near German June 2023
- [image][Approved] NEAR Türkiye June 2023
All were approved and the sum of $16545 was distributed to These communities.[RC Updates] Regional Community Working Group Proposal Updates
CORE CONTRIBUTORS FUNDING.
In the month of April, we are to receive a sum of $6500 as requested here [Approved] RCWG Bounty for April 2023. (YET TO BE RECEIVED)
For May, the fund requested was $8500 and received. All activities done are found here
TOTAL FUNDS SPENT/TO BE SPENT ON REGIONAL COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES FOR MAY AND JUNE IS $46,545
You can find all the election guidelines, including code of conduct, sefl nomination process and timeline, here Election Guidelines
Community update note on voter education, Nomination and election day. Forum post
RCdao Election Update:
•Self-Nomination Proposals Received: 26
•Self Nomination Entry: Closed(June 30. 23.59 UTC)
•List of Self-Nomination Candidates and Thier Proposals can all be found here
Guideline for self nomination, council duties are all found here: Self nomination guidelines
Process for Regional Communities, How to Access funds and What Qualifies a successful Regional Community
Developer Activities Update
Regional Communities DAO page: map.near.social
Verified RC DAO members: https://near.org/hack.near/widget/verified.members
- IAH certified (via Fractal)
- code of conduct (consequences: removal from DAO voter group)
Election demo: https://near.org/hack.near/widget/dao.election
Updated landing page (with buttons for RC DAO members to join continental groups): https://near.org/hack.near/widget/near.communities
List of DAO candidates: https://near.org/hack.near/widget/dao.candidates
With the processes implemented for Regional Communities, we are able to have all Communities create near social accounts, RC-DAO built-in widget which for the period of two months, is estimated to have generated more than 10,000 transactions overall.
All activities of Regional Communities can be tracked via this sheet. Also, IamHuman onboarding with Regional communities with 140 people verified with direct link and 275 from IamHuman score board. Making a total of 415 IamHuman verified from Regional Communities.
Also, a detail report for all Regional Communities’ June activities is found here
- In the beginning of funding in April (for MAY), regional communities had a slow start to IamHuman verification as it took time to convince their communities of the benefit. However, with the introduction of the DAO council election, the speed has increased.
- Delay in funding. Many Regional Communities complained of not receiving funds in time to help them push many activities that were scheduled. This led to cancellation of many activities.
- New structure to KPIs. Due to the change of focus, many leaders did find it hard to get on track but the month of June was positive and we believe July will be better.
Based on the update released about KPIs for Regional Communities, the RCWG is focusing on providing funds for activities that involve only the following.
- Product building on NEAR. This includes simple games, other products, and or building on BOS
- BOS education/workshops to train developers, users
- In real life events.
- Practical workshops to educate usage of products on NEAR.
NOTE: Details coming soon on the full strategy and estimated budgets.