[ Proposal ] [UPDATED] MobiDance 3 for Nomade Label DAO

L3V1 AT4

NEAR account for payment : l3v1at4.near

Fly Gomes

NEAR account for payment: flygoa.near

Ritamaria

NEAR account for payment: ritamaria.near

Hello, we are here to announce MobiDance 3. MobiDance is a telematic event, its first edition was held during April through #nomadelabel-dao. The second edition took place in May, with the support of Dance DAO, in partnership with Nomade Label DAO, which supported the promotion of the event, and offered its youtube channel to host it. It was an opportunity to connect daos within the ecosystem. We intend to continue in this partnership with the desire to attract new dancers to the project.

Inspired by the symbology of the number three, for this third edition, we propose that the three composers of the previous editions produce the audio from videos sent by the dancers, reversing the roles.

Number 3 is characterized by creativity and expression, and is the mark of extroverted and communicative people, who love to talk and exchange ideas. In spirituality, the number 3 is considered as the union between body, spirit, and mind, representing, therefore, people who seek to maintain balance. With the idea of representing balance, our challenge will come from the creation, elaborating the senses of sound according to the body, therefore, dancers who seek to maintain balance in dance will be the vital characteristics in the act of creation.

This call is intended for artists who have experience, background or career in dance in its various expressions. Dancers interested in participating should submit their application via the near forum, with a mini-bio and links to their work. The most voted will be chosen to send their video. Videos must be no more than 4 minutes long, recorded horizontally, and without sound. After the deadline for submitting videos, composers will have one week to compose the soundtracks and finalize the process, as described in the steps below.

Project Timeline: June 15 - 29/06

• [ 15/06 - 17/06 ] Dancers interested in participating should apply through the forum in this post’s replies, attaching a mini-bio and links to completed projects. Three dancers will be selected for this edition. This quantity has to do with time availability for the execution of this work.

• [ 18/06 ] The 3 selected dancers will be chosen by the proponents

• [19/06 - 23/06 ] Dancers will send their videos to us

• [24/06- 27/06] Me, @fly and @ritamaria will be composing soundtracks for each video

• [28/06 ] Finalization of the videos for presentation which consists of adding the opening vignette, synchronization with the original audio, development of pieces to promote the event and marketing on social media, and transmission tests.

• [29/06] Official Stream through Nomade Label’s Youtube channel.

Objective:
The objective of this proposal is to hold a virtual event that brings together dance artists from different places, invited to create their movements and body expressions that will be the inspiration for the sound compositions created by L3V1 AT4, Fly Goa, and Ritamaria.

Justification (benefits):
Continuing this event, first held in April by Nomade Label and now with Dance DAO, promotes connections between daos and expands the proposal to more artists from the ecosystem. MobiDance promotes creative processes in the ecosystem, within the environment of dance and performance in connection with the language of sound art. The proposal to open registrations and interactions through the forum also brings visibility to the Dance DAO members, creating a kind of database that can be accessed and function as a basis for future collaborations between artists. We believe that opening up the process at this stage will increase interest and integration among artists.

Budget: 500 USD in NEAR

Fund to pay l3v1at4.near for the design of one of the soundtracks = 100 USD
Fund to pay ritamaria.near for designing one of the soundtracks = 100 USD
Fund to pay flygoa.near for designing one of the soundtracks = 100 USD

Funds to be shared between L3V1, @ritamaria and @fly to pay for the event production, video editing and releases = 50 USD

Fund to pay each of the 3 dancers selected for sending a video dancing = 150 USD ( 50 USD each )

Total = 500 USD
—---------------------------------------------

About us:

L3V1 AT4 | @l3v1.at4 | Linktree

Multi-artist and graphic designer based in Brazil. Their work transits between visual, sound and digital arts. Interested in creating with different media and tools. Since 2018, I’ve been researching electronic music production and technologies such as open-source hardware, sensors and programming languages. My sound expression is situated in experimental, noise and electronic music. In 2019 I released a split with .ADA through the Música Insólita label and made soundtracks for actors and dancers of Teatro Dy Afronte. From 2020-2021 I designed {/Antropomorfo}, an installation art project - done with coding and a microsoft’s Kinect sensor - That includes the body and motion in relation to sound and image.

Flygoa I flaviagoa | Linktree
Sound artist and guitarist. I started working as a soundtrack designer for film documentaries, theater and contemporary dance performances for both sponsored and independent initiatives. I recorded and released my last album that combines poetry with sound through the Desmanche label and have released several albums, E.P.s through other labels, such as Música Insólita. Currently I am the curator of F(r)esta festival de improvisação and I am a member of the sound art research group SOMA RUMOR.

Ritamaria | ritamaria@vozecriatividade | Linktree
Musician-educator, performer and researcher, develops research linked to body-voice-listening, improvisation, creative processes, feminism and decolonization. I have a degree in Music Education from ECA-USP. My work has been circulating throughout Latin America since 2013. I have produced pedagogical journeys in Guatemala and El Salvador (with support from MinC), Peru, Argentina and Uruguay (independent) and Mexico (in 2017 with support from Ibermúsicas), conducting creativity workshops and interactive performances. In 2019, I conducted an independent tour of Mexico, passing through several cities and performing in collaboration with local artists, sharing voice and creativity workshops and conducting interactive performances and concerts.

We are happy to make this proposal to Dance DAO and open to making the necessary adjustments so that the project can be realized.

Watch MobiDance 1
Watch MobiDance 2
Check MobiDance 2 NFTs on neardancedao store

11 Likes

looking forward for this project! feeling inspired and also thankful for all this process here with dance dao! let’s move! let’s sound!

8 Likes

Yeahssss :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::man_dancing::dancer::man_dancing::dancer::man_dancing: Go Go Go MobiDance :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

Awesome project, I’m very curious to see the results!

7 Likes

a.s.a.p

7 Likes

Thank you for the submission.

6 Likes

wowww, cant wait for mobidance 3
looking forward to it!!! <3

6 Likes

Thank you for receiving us!

5 Likes

Hello Dance DAO
I am here to thank you again for receiving us and to announce that this month #nomadelabel-dao decided to support this proposal
so, MobiDance3, in june, will receive fundings from Nomade Label. We will edit the proposal to redirect it to the right dao and to update the dates, so we can release it this month!

we keep looking forward to work together in projects that gathers music and dance, and to keep contributing to grow this community
sending our best regards
ritamaira, @fly and @l3v1at4

4 Likes

@LulucaL @isadora_prata @mariana_taques.near @leticia_esposito @Oli_hein @amandalealart Hello Dancers! We are glad to annouce that MobiDance 3 will happen this month with the support of #nomadelabel-dao ! Starting tomorrow! Don’t forget to apply through this post’s comments attaching a mini-bio and links to your completed projects. Good luck and we’ll see each other very soon!

6 Likes

Awesome! Here’s my submission:

I’m Isadora Prata, a stage artist graduated in Dance on UNICAMP (Campinas State University).

I’m an interpreter-creator at Antônima Cia de Dança, directed by Adriana Nunes, and at the dance-theater improvisation group Mais Companhia, directed by Diogo Granato. I’m also a member of Cia Gume, a group of scenic improvisation directed by sign codes, conducted by Daniel Carrera.

Here’s a link to my latest works:

3 Likes

wow!!!

Mariana Taques lives and works as a dance artist in São Paulo, using as creative medium disciplines like dance improvisation, theater, parkour and clown. She is a dance maker and performer at Silenciosas + GT’ aime, Núcleo Improvisação em Contato and Plataforma Bóia. Works in collaboration with Manuela Aranguibel for the creation of Aurora and Helena.

3 Likes

awesome!!! <3 mobidance !

my submission :

Letícia Esposito is an actress and dance artist based in São Paulo. Her dance practice is crossed by contemporary dance, floor technique, contact improvisation, acrobatic bases. Her scenic study is based on improvisation and the possibilities of dialogue between dance and theater. She is a collaborating artist-creator at Mais+ Companhia, directed by Diogo Granato and at SPIO Orquestra and GUME Cia. directed by Daniel Carrera.

instagram link: Login • Instagram

3 Likes

Hello, dear ones.

As written in the proposal. We would like to present the names of the chosen dancers:

@leticia_esposito leticia_esposito

@mariana_taques.near mariana_taques.near

@isadora_prata

We will talk in a group today. Hugs

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
uhul ! lets mobidance !!!

3 Likes

Hi guys, I’m so happy that we’re going to have another edition and I REALLY want to be a part of it and continue with our successful partnership. Welcome back @l3v1at4!

So, darlings, count on me.

:heart:
:rainbow_flag:
L.
luluca_l.near

3 Likes

Dear Luluca!! We really appreciate to share with you, but, unfortunately the submissions ended on 17th and we already announced the dancers for this edition

@LulucaL @isadora_prata @mariana_taques.near @leticia_esposito @Oli_hein @amandalealart Hello Dancers! We are glad to annouce that MobiDance 3 will happen this month with the support of #nomadelabel-dao ! Starting tomorrow! Don’t forget to apply through this post’s comments attaching a mini-bio and links to your completed projects. Good luck and we’ll see each other very soon!

Looking forward to keep this project on course, so we can have other chances to work with you and also other dancers!
sending love to all!

3 Likes

Oh alright love. I was out for 3 days and I’m a little confused here with the lot of messages AHHHH

2 Likes

Thank you for your submission luluca, unfortunately this edition’s deadlines are a bit faster then previous and submissions are already over. We are hoping to see you again and receive your submission in the next month!

3 Likes

estréia agendada!!

esperamos todes por lá!!

5 Likes